PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Australia Misrepresentations

ramble on
24th Aug 2012, 03:46
Is it lying?

I booked a Virgin Australia flight online the other night...

Their website was flashing - "hurry 1 seat left".

Turned up expecting elbow room only - the aircraft was slightly over half full in economy and virtually empty in business.

Surprised that they do this or even need to do this.......

Lies or misrepresentations?

position & hold
24th Aug 2012, 03:49
Mate i'm happy to be corrected, but I think it refers to 1 seat left at that price, after that the fare increases.

Goat Whisperer
24th Aug 2012, 04:38
^^^^ what s/he said ^^^^

there are many classes of travel sold within Economy, each with a different letter designator, also known as "fare buckets".

When one sells out, the website will offer only the next available one, 1 seat left (at that price).

ramble on
24th Aug 2012, 07:44
Thanks people,

Not a put down of the product - which is pretty damned good! It was a beautiful 330 with international quality seats and amenities on a domestic sector.

Just the thought that I could be lied to by an internet website........

HF3000
24th Aug 2012, 08:13
Sounds like a misrepresentation to me.

I'm sure the authorities would like to hear about it.

They made you rush in a book a ticket on the spot - by the time you realised there was more than one seat left you'd done most of the booking legwork so might as well complete the transaction.

Misrepresentation.

BPA
24th Aug 2012, 08:21
All airlines do it and have so for years.

Worrals in the wilds
24th Aug 2012, 09:22
Also check the booking fees if you're using a third party seller. I won't name the site but they can be huge. :sad: Being the tribal expert on matters Internet I booked flights for a relative at good rates, only to find that the final cost was so great as to mitigate the alleged 'saving'. :yuk:

Being asked 'isn't that more than they said, dear?' didn't improve my temper, so we went with another provider.
Clowns to the left, jokers to the right...:uhoh:

ollie_a
24th Aug 2012, 09:56
Should have held your mouse over the words.

This is what you would have seen...

http://i45.tinypic.com/35mpg7r.jpg

grrowler
24th Aug 2012, 12:00
Yep, it's all pretty confusing...:rolleyes:

Why is this even on here?

ejectx3
24th Aug 2012, 13:10
It's a nice break from bashing Joyce. Now..where were we?