PDA

View Full Version : Login problems

knackeredII
6th Apr 2002, 03:09
Formerly known as knackered, I have had to reincarnate as version II in order to be able to log in as the forum now no longer recognizes me in my previous identity. Cookies are obviously not the problem as this ID works fine.

Is anyone else having this problem and is it a result of this recent change over?

I get no response from emailing admin due to high workload there, thus the reason for this post.

Would like to reassume my former identity!

arcniz
6th Apr 2002, 06:24
I had the same experience...

aka Systemsguy

Sick Squid
6th Apr 2002, 07:17
Folks,

You're exactly correct, the workload is ultra-high at the moment for the gentlemen who turn the wheels on the site. Added in with two of them being on conversion courses is the steep learning-curve with the new behind-the-scenes software. It's only the computer illiterates like me who have the time, unfortunately!

Your problem is known about and will be resolved, I'm sure. Several others are in the same position.

Thanks for your patience,

£6

denachtenmai
6th Apr 2002, 13:21
after being out of circulation for a while it took me 10 mins. to get back in and now i am someone whose name i only used as a login, plus it seems as if i have never used this site before! Hope the contents are as good as they were, i.e pre 14 days ago
regards Dinsdale, aka Denachtenmai

knackeredII
6th Apr 2002, 15:29
Thanks for the responses, will wait with baited breath to resume my former identity!

Capt PPRuNe
12th Jun 2002, 10:11
OK, conversion course over and here is the explanation.

The old software allowed you to choose a 'screen name' which could be different from your Username/Log-in name. Those of you who had a different screen name from your Usernmae/log-in name will have lost your screen name during the change over tot he new software. The new software doesn't allow different names. Your original Username/Log-in name is your Username here.

If you have gone ahead and re-registered your old screen name as a Username on here then there is nothing I can do except delete it and change your old Username/Log-in name to the Username you want on here. Clear as mud?

To put it as simply as possible, Your original Username/Log-in name should still be valid. If you can't remember your old Username/Log-in name then use the lost password facility because your email address that you used in your original registration is still in the system and your details will be sent to that address.

If you have an old Username/Log-in name that you don't use anymore or have forgotten your password and do not have access to the email address in the registration then please email us at [email protected] with the Username and the email address used for the registration so that we can delete the profile and free it up for re-use.