PDA

View Full Version : ATP Scheme - Stage II

The Greaser
5th Apr 2002, 22:25
I have a stage 2 selection day on 24th April - anyone got any advice about what to expect etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

:)

Slim20
6th Apr 2002, 07:39
This may sound corny, but all you can do is be yourself. They can spot a phony a mile off. Try to relax and enjoy your day. They are not out to trick you or catch you off guard - it is just a fairly rigorous teamwork/discussion/task completion exercise followed by a reasonably standard competency-style interview.

Just be yourself!

Fly_146
1st Jun 2002, 12:06
Greaser

So what was it like? just the usual numeracy, verbal reasoning, aptitude tests, etc. or was there anything you found yourself unprepared for?

Much in the way of technical questions?

Simon Z
1st Jun 2002, 23:10
Having gone through the CTC a few years back, I agree whole heartedly with Slim20. It was the best advice I was given, and takes some of the presure off too, if you're not trying to be something else. Pilots come in different shapes and sizes, with differing interests,opinions etc. so just put your best foot forward and see what happens.

Oh and by the way, good luck!

cleared24right
2nd Jun 2002, 08:02
Is this the CTC place, if so are they still placing pilots with airlines in the current situation? I know they are bonded with easyjet and HAVE to send them 2 pilots a month minimum, other than that have not heard much from them since the 11th of Sept.:confused: :confused:

Ivan Ivanovich
2nd Jun 2002, 10:30
They are not bound to supply 2 pilots per month, but they do need to supply a few pilots for 2 courses this year.

By phase 2 do you mean the first visit to CTC ( the app being phase 1)? If this is the case I believe it has changed a little recently and there is a coordination exercise involved now. However, they are looking for outgoing personable team playing types. As advised in an earlier post they select an eclectic blend of characters so don't try and be a particular type. If you have the qualities they seek, they will stand out better if you be yourself.

You will be expected to make a short presentation about your background - just sound positive and happy to be there! You will also take part in group discussions. It is not necessarily your opinions that are being assessed but your interpersonal skills. You will have a reasonably straight forward technical paper and a timed arithmetic paper.

Good Luck!

Ivan

cleared24right
2nd Jun 2002, 13:59
Ivan, thats not what the managing director of CTC told me.

Ivan Ivanovich
2nd Jun 2002, 15:49
cleared24right

I obviously can't comment on what Steve Billett has said to you, however what I can tell you is that there is a current requirement to supply a limited number of cadets for two courses this year. I heard the 2 pilots per month suggestion earlier this year; perhaps the requirement has changed since then.