PDA

View Full Version : Flaxmenu

BOAC
20th Aug 2012, 10:33
I am getting constant warnings when I open a pdf in Reader about a 'Flaxmenuhook'. I can find no trace of Flaxmenu and cannot imagine why I would have installed it. What is it and where do I find it skulking to exterminate it?

Milo Minderbinder
20th Aug 2012, 11:26
whats the exact message?
Is it a warning that something is missing? Or that something is trying to run but can't?

BOAC
20th Aug 2012, 11:30
It was a standard M$ GUI warning panel 'Flaxmenuhook cannot - something' - then a string of alpha-numersics, but I have tracked it down to a still- lingering trial install of Photoshop CS2 (now removed) and it seems to have gone away! I could not fathom why it did not come up in add-remove or Revo.

green granite
20th Aug 2012, 12:18
FlaxMenu Product Information

FlaxMenu Overview:

Customize Adobe Photoshop for easy work!The program has two functions which can noticeably raise your work productivity due to standard interface improvement.

Using LastMenu function you may call the menu you referred to the last time at one combination keystroke. This function is very effective when you work with programs which have very large menu and you need often call those items of menu which are near. For example, while working with filters in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ImageReady or with effects in Ulead Photoimpact, Adobe Illustrator you'll be able to choose the necessary effects faster.
Also the program helps the beginners to study menu of complicated programs.
For call-in LastMenu you only need to press Ctrl+ SPACEBAR. You'll make certain of this function effectiveness at the time of using it.

FlaxMenu function allows to put often used items of menu to the floating panel. This permits to call these items faster! The program allows to hide/unhide this panel at one keystroke. The function helps to improve interface of those programs which are not provided for the possibility of interface customization.

Try the free trial version first, or click here for pricing/to purchase a full version! Order by phone, fax, cheque, money order, or order securely online!

BOAC
20th Aug 2012, 14:11
Yes, found that, but where was the b****r hiding?

green granite
20th Aug 2012, 14:26
Possibly in one of the Adobe folders?

BOAC
20th Aug 2012, 15:18
Well, it did not come up there nor in a registry search.

green granite
20th Aug 2012, 17:58
I tried downloading it to take the install as far as showing the install path window but avast kills it before I can get that far.

BOAC
20th Aug 2012, 18:39
Doesn't sound too good, does it?

I'm still getting warning windows for FlaxmenuHook.dll when I open a pdf:ugh:

Milo Minderbinder
20th Aug 2012, 19:10
If you want to try picking it out by hand, this may give some clues as to what to delete from where
Scan log report of FlaxMenuSetup.exe [Flaxmenu] - 322 rows (http://www.dodownload.com/av-report/flaxmenu.html)

Not an easy task though - and you'll need to clean out the registry as well

green granite
20th Aug 2012, 19:11
Any help?
FlaxMenu Uninstall ? How to Completely Uninstall FlaxMenu with FlaxMenu Uninstall Tool (http://www.uninstallgenius.com/Force-Uninstall-Programs/uninstall-FlaxMenu.html)
uninstall FlaxMenu ,Remove FlaxMenu ? Wise Uninstaller (http://www.wiseuninstaller.com/Uninstall-FlaxMenu-118729.html)

BOAC
20th Aug 2012, 19:54
None of the above, as they say. Nothing in the reg or anywhere on the hard drives I can find. I have found a few reg entries lingering for photoshop file assocs, but nothing major. I do NOT like this sort of invasion!

green granite
20th Aug 2012, 20:21
A snippet of information:

Photoshop plug-ins are .8bf files. After downloading a plug-in, simply place it in the presets>plug-ins folder of the Photoshop's installation folder.

And: How to Manage Plug-Ins in Photoshop with Shortcuts (http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop/qt/pluginshortcuts.htm)

BOAC
20th Aug 2012, 20:46
a still-lingering trial install of Photoshop CS2 (now removed) - if only!

BOAC
20th Aug 2012, 21:05
OK- success, I think! Slightly convoluted, but Flaxmenu is produced by 'Sprigsoft'. I found I had another Sprigsoft prog on my machine - 'Lower Case Switcher'. I uninstalled this and re-inst. PDFs open normally.

Dare I hope? Would still like to know where Flaxmenu hid though.......

BOAC
21st Aug 2012, 14:06
Posted too soon. It's back. Only with 'Reader', not with Acrobat.

green granite
21st Aug 2012, 14:38
Have you run a couple of reg scanners rather than just ccleaner? Only when I did a major clear out of stuff recently I ran ccleaner and it found about a dozen orphaned reg entries, then I ran Uniblue's registry booster and it found about 220 orphaned entries. I feel it's got to be something in the registry that is triggered on opening a PDF using reader and it wont necessarily have 'Flaxmenu' in the entry.

BOAC
21st Aug 2012, 17:22
Yes, I have run a coupe of others. I have just located a vestige of Photoshop in a HKCR key, so will see what happens now.

BOAC
22nd Aug 2012, 07:28
Still happening. I have now removed 'LowerCaseSwitcher' from my machine (Flaxmenu and this by 'Sprigsoft') and the problem has cleared. I'll try emailing their support but will not hold my breath!