PDA

View Full Version : Single Engine Touring Positions?

BennyG
19th Aug 2012, 12:14
Hi,

Im an aussie and don't know a whole lot about the international helicopter industry, so just after some advice on touring positions in single engine machines.

With a bit over 2000 total time, and 500 turbine, where should I be looking to get into a touring gig flying singles?

Just about to finish up with some contract work and trying to line up the next position!

Cheers for any advice.
Ben

rotornut
20th Aug 2012, 11:24
Try Niagara Helicopters:http://www.niagarahelicopters.com/contact/

212man
20th Aug 2012, 11:56
Have you tried these guys?

Pan African Airlines - Home (http://www.pan-africanairlines.com/index.html)

Could be a useful stepping stone..

SASless
20th Aug 2012, 13:12
Seasonal work in Canada would be a place to look too....bit late for this season but with some planning.....you could be ready for next Summer.

RVDT
20th Aug 2012, 15:59
where should I be looking to get into a touring gig flying singles?

Er maybe that place just above Australia. Its about 2 miles from Aus and is called Papua New Guinea.

:ok:

Garfs
20th Aug 2012, 17:04
If Im not wrong the OP Benny is just finishing up some work in PNG flying for the elections

BennyG
21st Aug 2012, 00:54
rotornut and 212man, thanks for the links, will look into them. 212man, do you know much about the Pan African guys? I had a quick look at their site, do you know anyone who's worked for them?

SASless, yeah at the moment that is high on the list, but as you say bad time of year, so I was thinking of heading over in March next year if nothing has come up, and do the conversion and be good to go by start of April.

RVDT, yeah I just got back from PNG, and would love to get a touring gig, but seems without a good chunk of longline time, getting in is not an easy task.

Cheers guys, all responses much appreciated.

Benny.

212man
21st Aug 2012, 02:07
Benny,
you might want to PM Trogladita for more current info. PAAN was independent then bought out by Bristow and has now become independent again, I think. If not completely independent, at least more autonomous.