PDA

View Full Version : 91 changes at qantas

UnderneathTheRadar
19th Aug 2012, 10:52
Ok - so I've flicked through the website (not very easy to find if one doesnt happy to scroll across the screen to start with).

Supposedly all changes are being introduced (emphasis on being) as part of being 91 years old (which they aren't yet).

80 - 5 second check in - been around for 3(?) years since the new FF cards & tags
17 - coffee - been around for years (when I say years, its been about 2 years since I stopped flying with them)
5 - snacks on demand - how old are the 380s?
76 - skybeds
13 - safety in the air - my favorite - apparently this is a new change being introduced?
18 - fast check-in - how does this differ to 80?
33 - fast check-in - oh, hang on - sure I've seen this one before???

Anyway, point being that it's a shockingly poor advertising campaign and the '91 changes' doesn't seem to point to anything that would appear to be an actual current change - happy to be corrected though...

UTR

ALAEA Fed Sec
19th Aug 2012, 11:12
13 - safety in the air - my favorite - apparently this is a new change being introduced?

This one is new. They just removed Engineering pre-flight safety checks on the ground. The main way safety related defects will now be identified is the air.

Bankstown
19th Aug 2012, 11:57
# 30 of 91- Wide bodied aircraft

With a picture of a 737 interior? Wider than a Dash 8 I guess.

Jabawocky
19th Aug 2012, 12:10
I think i would buy an Aerostar and give QF the flick..........is that what you mean? :E

You know it makes sense :ok:

standard unit
19th Aug 2012, 12:59
My favourite is number 17.

Coffee.

What planet are they on?

They rip out all of the aircraft/airline specific commercial grade "inventum" coffee machines in Y/C and J/C and replace them with domestic bodum french presses :rolleyes:

You can no longer keep the stuff hot [so half of what we serve is cold] and by any subjective assessment the stuff tastes [?] like sh!t.

No body, no flavour, it's just coloured water.

All because some dysfunctional lunatic in cabin services thinks the bodum "looks" more premium. FFS passengers are not that shallow.

Crew won't drink it as evidenced by the trend to visit the coffee shop in the terminal whenever the opportunity presents itself prior to a flight.

Rumour has it that a certain fizzy drink manufacturer owns the company that supplies it.

Rant over.:ugh:

gobbledock
19th Aug 2012, 13:07
This one is new. They just removed Engineering pre-flight safety checks on the ground.
Yes, makes perfect sense. Don't worry about picking up defects on the ramp, or having skilled people there who can pick it up, wait til cruising altitude and 900 km'ph....
Oops I forgot, NG aircraft, they don't or won't break anymore. How silly of me.

The main way safety related defects will now be identified is the air.
Especially good if you have problem with hydraulics, engine output of a tear in the fueselage wear a rampie has hit the bird with a belt loader. Much better to find out at 37 000 feet.

'Safety Last'.