PDA

View Full Version : Pprune not remembering my username each time I go to pprune?

A37575
19th Aug 2012, 02:18
Something happened to my computer. Every time I try to go on Pprune after my computer has switched off my previous username is blank and I have to log in all over again. I tried FAQ but no clue there. Request advice please.

Mr @ Spotty M
19th Aug 2012, 06:47
You may have changed your browser setting to stop cookies.

BOAC
19th Aug 2012, 07:13
Did you tick the box?

CYPR
23rd Aug 2012, 18:44
A37575

I had the same problem and nothing would change no matter what I did. However through trail & error I now think that I have solved the problem.

1. Click on Tools then,
2. click on Internet Options.
3. When the Internet Options window opens click on the General Tab.
4. Under the subject Browsing History make sure the box titled 'Delete Browsing History on Exit' is NOT checked.
5. Click Apply at the bottom righthand side of the Internet Options window.
6. Click OK/Close.

All should be well!!!!!

green granite
23rd Aug 2012, 19:57
CYPR, if you use Fire Fox, in options, privacy tab, select 'use custom settings for history' from the top drop down options box, re-tick the 'clear the browsing history on exit' box then click on the settings box and select all the history boxes except 'cookies' and 'active logons.'

If you use I.E there are no such options though, it's all or nothing.

for Chrome, options>under the bonnet tab, select the 'clear browsing data' box and select everything but 'cookies' and saved password.

CYPR
25th Aug 2012, 00:31
green granite

Thank you for the info, I will try Firefox as pprune has again ceased to remember my name/password.