PDA

View Full Version : Rumours forbidden on the professional pilots rumour network,,, hang on.....

Josh Cox
18th Aug 2012, 23:19
Tailwheel,

This is a corker of a post by you:

Aside from the pilot concerned, who else would know what the pilot would be thinking – if your rumour is factual?

That is a pathetic post which PPRuNe does not need!

Absolutely no facts; no date, no time, no flight details? How do you know it was a cadet? How do you know the captain was absent? Indeed, how do you know the alleged event actually occurred?

If you want to post rumours at least substantiate them with some plausible facts! To which you then locked the post.

So let me get this straight, rumours are forbidden on the this "Professional Pilots Rumour Network" (AKA PPRuNe ).

Gold.

Rumour has it I was photographed having relations with a goat,,,, how is that statement defamation ? ( not a statement of fact, and FYI I don't have relations with goats ).

China Flyer
18th Aug 2012, 23:40
If you want to post rumours at least substantiate them with some plausible facts!

Ahh... wouldn't that make them facts, not rumours?

PC gone mad, again.

The Green Goblin
18th Aug 2012, 23:50
I doubt this is true.

No idiotic Pilot let alone a cadet would even do this.

They know the limitations better than anyone (they are pretty good with the books) and would be well aware of height limitations as per FCOM.

If the Pilot involved did do this, I hope they join the growing list of cadets who have been stood down on a permanent basis.

AerocatS2A
19th Aug 2012, 00:23
Hard to distinguish between rumour and some-****-that-I've-made-up-out-of-thin-air when there is absolutely no supporting information. I suspect that when the rumour is about something that could get someone into a considerable amount of trouble, it needs to have some basis in fact.

I think that sums it up very accurately and very nicely, thanks.

:ok:

Tail Wheel

Tidbinbilla
19th Aug 2012, 00:30
Tailwheel wrote an explanation why the thread was closed. Most respondents seem to understand the fact.

Questions about thread moderating are to be dealt with by use of the PM function - NOT by starting another thread asking why.

TID