PDA

View Full Version : Taking a baby on Aer Lingus...

NWSRG
18th Aug 2012, 17:54
I have generally only had good experiences with Aer Lingus, but today they have frustrated me.

I rang their call centre to book myself, my wife, and 11 month baby on a flight from Dublin to Orlando. When I checked earlier in the week, the total fare was Euro 1200...today it had gone up to 1400 (this on the web). As we wanted a bulkhead seat (for the baby cradle), I had to call the call centre. There, I was informed that the call centre is generally more expensive, but they actually quoted me slightly less. I was then told that the only luggage allowance for junior was for a stroller. No baggage, either carry on or in the hold. Then, when we finally tried to complete the deal, I was told that the price was now Euro 500 more than first suggested moments before..."they're selling like hotcakes". So I declined.

So can anyone tell me, is the Aer Lingus website correct, in stating that an infant allowance is 10kg in the hold, or was the call centre supervisor correct in that there is no allowance. Also, is it really the case that a fare could climb by Euro 500 during the course of a phone call?

Very disappointed.

Tableview
18th Aug 2012, 18:20
So can anyone tell me, is the Aer Lingus website correct, in stating that an infant allowance is 10kg in the hold, or was the call centre supervisor correct in that there is no allowance

I can give you an answer on that later. I believe that on routes to North America the infanct allowance is 10kgs. but don't take that as gospel. Each airline can apply its own policy

Also, is it really the case that a fare could climb by Euro 500 during the course of a phone call?
Possible - yes, but the probability is low, however that would increase if it's a close date of departure.

Tableview
18th Aug 2012, 19:05
I picked these dates :
DUB MCO 04SEP MCO DUB 18SEP
The lowest available fare is €816.58 per adult and €105.77 for the infant, taxes included. The infant allowance for hold baggage is 10KG and the adult allowance is 1PC. It would seem that you have been given wrong information.

If the fares I am quoting differ from yours it is because of the dates of travel, but my fare total is not far from your €1700.

NWSRG
18th Aug 2012, 19:22
Thanks Tableview...appreciate your help!