PDA

View Full Version : Video Recording

flynverted
18th Aug 2012, 02:35
G'day I live in town across the street from a school but work out in Woop Woop 10 days at a time and come home on my 4 days off. I drive my 4X4 to work and leave my beloved BMW parked at home while I'm away at work. The last 2 times I came home from work my BMW has been egged, presumably by kids at the school across the street. :mad: :ugh:
Is there any sort of video equipment I can get that will record and store video for 10 days? I bought a car cover, but I want to catch the little bastards on video and get my car repainted.

Cheers

OFSO
18th Aug 2012, 10:34
Single-frame video systems are sold just about everywhere, at least in the UK, p'raps cause of the high percentage of loathsome little scrotes doing this sort of thing.

Maplin has the best range and does sales on-line.....

mixture
18th Aug 2012, 15:24
Look at webcams such as those manufactured by Axis.

Also, to be honest, you don't just want something to record and store for ten days because :

(a) that will require a lot of storage space
(b) that will require a lot of post-processing time looking for interesting footage

You want something more intelligent that will record 5/10 minute clips on a trigger event (movement / sound / sensor etc.).

Oh, and if there's the possibility you might want to show the footage to the Police, take the time to ensure your recordings are made and stored in a legally admissible form otherwise they won't be interested in it.

OFSO
20th Aug 2012, 16:07
Maplin in London has one on special offer this week, it includes forwarding pictures to a smart phone and is on sale for 99 pounds sterling.

Bushfiva
21st Aug 2012, 02:22
If you're pointing the camera to cover the car and, presumably the school because that's where the eggs are coming from, you may want to consult with the local plod in case you're breaking any laws the hug'n'fluffs could use against you. Also, in many jurisdictions, the actual mounting of the camera has to be in compliance with local regulations if its content is to be usable in a court of law, whether or not the recorded material is up to snuff re timestaming and fingerprinting.

flynverted
21st Aug 2012, 08:34
Thanks guys. :ok: I'm back out west working for another 10 day stretch with limited internet access. Will check with the local coppers regarding the legal aspect of recording the punks and go from there.

Just wish I could catch the little bastards then drag 'em behind a tree & beat the **** out of 'em... :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

OFSO
21st Aug 2012, 18:45
What a comment on the age we live in. You can't get police action to catch kids vandalisng a car, but someone pops up and tells us (correctly) how careful you have to be using CCTV cameras in a public place to keep an eye on your own car.

CHEEZE !

(OFSO: cameras monitoring front gate and street outside and the Guardia and the Municipales haven't said a word, and nor will they. Oh, they just came by and said great, makes it easier catching the b*stards. Of course here in Spain punishment of persistant offenders has been known on occasion not to involve long-winded things like "courts" and "fines".)

Milo Minderbinder
21st Aug 2012, 19:09
You need something like this
BBC NEWS | Sci-Tech | Burglary seen live on web (http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_5340000/newsid_5347200/bb_wm_5347236.stm)

it was very amusing listening to him in the pub a few days later, explaining how he watched the burglary and arrest develop live online. The burglars should've know better - they were known to him and he's not a guy to cross.