PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe unread post feature.

G-CPTN
17th Aug 2012, 13:38
For a couple of days the 'new posts' feature of PPRuNe (which highlights unread contributions in bold typeface) fails to reset after I have opened (and read) so that they remain in bold type.

Is this related to recent changes in cookies?

I've never acknowledged any message about cookies (ie neither agreed or refused).

vulcanised
17th Aug 2012, 14:19
That has been happening to me for several weeks now - until I reload the index.

ericlday
17th Aug 2012, 14:37
Same here folks.........

Quizling
17th Aug 2012, 14:38
until I reload the index.

Could you expand on that please, Vulcan.

Have had this problem from time to time in the past, the last accurance ending about 3 weeks ago, and now it's back. Note that older threads still work correctly:- ie TRABB 19 was fine until it sunk, but TRABB 20 is faulty.

It's a real pain in the proverbial.

G-CPTN
17th Aug 2012, 15:08
TTRAB is OK for me (together with the Girl Missing thread), but the remainder mainly remain resolutely 'unread'.

green granite
17th Aug 2012, 16:04
Do you click on 'Mark Forums Read' before you exit PPRuNE?

G-CPTN
17th Aug 2012, 16:18
I don't exit PPRuNe - why would I?

vulcanised
17th Aug 2012, 16:43
Could you expand on that please, Vulcan.

Soitanly - When on the forum index page, click on the 'reload current page' button on your browser. When it returns it should show threads read, plus new posts since you arrived.

BrandiNettIB
20th Aug 2012, 19:29
When on the forum index page, click on the 'reload current page' button on your browser. When it returns it should show threads read, plus new posts since you arrived.

Since I don't use the "new posts/threads" feature, I'm not terribly familiar with how it should work. I just logged out and logged back in, checked R&N, and see no new posts, thus no thread titles in bold. Thus, it seems to be working?

From working on other vB sites, my impression was that checking for new posts occurred via check of previous login time, not refresh of page. Is the expected behavior different here?

Bushfiva
21st Aug 2012, 02:26
Pprune behaves subtly differently (i.e. the bugs move) depending on whether the URL you used to enter the site when you last logged on (as opposed to visited) was pprune.org or pprune.com.

G-CPTN
3rd Sep 2012, 13:54
Seems to be back to normal now - ie thread titles greying-out after I have visited that thread and read it.

Much better!

G-CPTN
24th Sep 2012, 16:14
Back to the problem (at least on some threads). :ugh: