PDA

View Full Version : FAA Dispatch Licence & Ops training

AndyDRHuddleston
5th Apr 2002, 16:29
Can anybody recommend or suggest any form of training/courses that would be beneficial to a newly appointed Ops assistant.

I would like to hear more about the FAA dispachers License - Is this something that most big operators would ideally look for?

Eagerly awaiting your responses

Thanx in advance

peterc
5th Apr 2002, 18:08
Andy, try UKOMA they do a vgood basic ops course.
Hope this is of some help even though you didnt even reply to my c.v.for the ops job you had recently.;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fcit
7th Apr 2002, 09:51
Depends how much money zou are prepared to spend. There is a couple of options around. Are you looking ofr training individually or is your company doing so?

As for the FAA there is various options available ranging from a self study course followed by a very brief residency program, to the standard 4-6 week course in the U.S.. If you have friends in the U.S. you can stay with during the course, you might be looking at US$3000-5000 (approx. don't quote me on it). Ticket, of course, goes on top, unless you can travel for free (if you do not have friends over there, you will also have to pay for your housing, while attending).
There is a school in OMDB which offers the introduction training to the FAA (I guess the exam will still be held in the U.S.). If you search the board, you will find some messages concerning that (it is attached to Emirates).

Another option is the City&Guilds (spelling?) certificate offered in the U.K.. Dunno how much it is, but I am sure some British Ops Controller can fill you in on it.

The DFS in Germany is offering a 6 week training course for dispatchers together with other courses dealing with JAR-OPS 1 issues. Also, DLH to my knowledge still offers there dispatcher training (which takes approx. 14month, including some practical assignments and is due to its length on top of the pricing scale).

In France there are also some options/schools, where you can earn a certificate (haven't got addresses, but I have friends who completed a couple of month of training).

In case you require more info, drop me an email.

Brgds
fcit

no sig
7th Apr 2002, 16:50
Andy

Glasgow School of Nautical Studies (JAROPS Aircrew Approved College) will be offering the ICAO Flight Operations Officer/Dispatcher licence corresspondence course around September of this year. It will be the ICAO Doc 7192 D3 Syllabus.

fcit
8th Apr 2002, 09:28
no sig,

do you have any contact details for the school in GLA???

Thanks
fcit

no sig
8th Apr 2002, 20:23
fcit

Yep, go to their web site, and you can get a feel for the college etc. The department to contact is Aviation/Transport Studies. Contact Peter Bainbridge.

I will be able to give more information ina month or so, it is early days yet but Septemeber is a target for first modules.

This course by the way, is in part as a result of the CAA move to specify the ICAO FOO syllabus as the training standard for UK operators.

http://www.glasgow-nautical.ac.uk/

Good luck.

Pete McGuirk
10th Apr 2002, 23:42
Andy

Send me an e-mail - I may have some info useful to you.

Pete