PDA

View Full Version : BA to Call In Receivers?

Crashed & Burned
5th Apr 2002, 15:03
Just had a long chat with my financial adviser, he's heard mutterings that BA may be about to fold.
Anyone else heard this?

Brenoch
5th Apr 2002, 15:07
Umn, sounds a bit far fetched..
I'm sure info like that would have leaked to the financial press before it gets discussed here..

Or is it a late april-fools gag again.. ;)

BOAC
5th Apr 2002, 18:45
Its true - BA are contacting all their avionics stores next week and calling in all the receivers that do not meet the new reduced channel spacings. Thanks for the tip-off, C&B.

Now that I have the attention of the BA people, could you PLEASE read THIS (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48923) and stop emailing me?

You'll just have to be patient!

BOAC
BA Forum moderator

Georgeablelovehowindia
5th Apr 2002, 21:50
Crashed and Burned: if your financial adviser is anything like my financial adviser, he probably doesn't know whether today is Tuesday or Christmas, far less regarding BA's future prospects. Take my advice, don't listen to financial advisers. I speak from bitter, expensive and personal experience. Does anyone know the telephone number of a decent hit man?

Hand Solo
5th Apr 2002, 22:40
OK OK, I'll give you a fiver towards your sponsored talkbolloxathon.

Lucifer
5th Apr 2002, 22:58
Rubbish, ignore all. Fire your financial advisor.

Roobarb
6th Apr 2002, 06:37
Have you ever met a rich financial adviser?

http://www.80scartoons.8k.com/roobarb10wee.gif

regor
6th Apr 2002, 19:10
BA call in the receivers???

Why would they need to do that when they can use their contacts to get a back hander from the Government.

Me cynical, nah!!

:rolleyes:

J-Class
6th Apr 2002, 19:54
Crashed & Burned, I think you need to fire your financial adviser sooner rather than later...

BA are not in great shape - their debt has been downgraded to junk (non-investment grade) rating, so clearly there is much more risk in the business than there was two years ago. And clearly BA has much to do if its share price is going to stage a significant recovery. But there is really no reason to believe that any financial crisis is imminent and your 'financial adviser' should not be scaremongering in this fashion.