PDA

View Full Version : BA1407 - Tueday 14th August

average-punter
14th Aug 2012, 21:46
Hi,

Not really sure where to post this!

I was on BA1407 today (Tuesday 14th August) and was invited up to the flightdeck before takeoff. I was then invited back after landing but didn't have time as the groundstaff were locking the gate upstairs.

Because of that I didn't have the chance to say thanks very much for showing me around, it was great! If the crew read this then great but if not I was wondering if someone could very kindly pass on this message? The team of 4 cabin crew were also excellent.

Cheers!

Megaton
16th Aug 2012, 09:17
I wasn't operating that flight but I have invited many passengers into the flight deck before and after flights. We appreciate it isn't always possible to say thank you but it is nice to see someone making the effort. Ignore the buffoons on this site.

I see that the doubter who posted on his thread has deleted his comments :ok::ok::ok:

rgsaero
16th Aug 2012, 21:24
I thought that flight deck visits had ended with 9/11 - or perhaps that's just the ones while airborne.

I had so many visits I've lost count - they were a long time ago! - but top of the list was Concorde westbound. "What do you think of it then?" asked the captain as I was on the jump seat.

"Looks pretty much like a Trident panel to me" said I. "What do you know about those?" quoth he. " "Did my time at Hatfield building them," said I.

The man looked it over, all analogue and said - "Yes, almost identical!"

I was asked back for the approach to short final at JFK!

Those were FUN times to travel!

Nice though that people appreciate such visits to post thanks on here!

MaximumPete
16th Aug 2012, 21:45
Looks like the fun days are gone.

Such a ashame as I met some great people when we had an 'open' flightdeck.

Keep attacking

MP