PDA

View Full Version : Air France Regional

Van G
14th Aug 2012, 10:07
Has anybody heard any news regarding the airbus employees shuttle contract?

cornishsimon
14th Aug 2012, 10:55
arent BMIr also waiting to hear on this ?

cs

Van G
14th Aug 2012, 13:42
Indeed they are. It's just gone very quiet so wondered if they'd heard anything over the channel.

Heathrow Harry
14th Aug 2012, 14:30
for heavens sake lads - IT'S AUGUST

there isn't anyone in................

Van G
14th Aug 2012, 23:03
Sorry not sure what you mean?

Expressflight
15th Aug 2012, 07:41
French commerce virtually closes down for the month of August because they are all on holiday.

Van G
15th Aug 2012, 08:55
Yes. But it doesn't stop someone in the know from posting something on here. The decision was due last week.

Rougueg
15th Aug 2012, 09:57
August... the reason the Eurozone is in meltdown.... on second thoughts add January's, Februarys, March, April, May, June, July, September, November, December also...

If someone were in the know i doubt they would post on here as its commercially sensitive information.

Also if the information were known we would of heard about it already through more official channels.

I imagine the decision is still outstanding.

But i may be wrong.

compton3bravo
15th Aug 2012, 10:14
Sorry Rougueg August has always been a shut down in the Eurozone for many years. You must have hard if you want to visit Paris go in August when it is virtually empty. That is why living on Continental Europe is such a joy - no coffee on the go here - stop for a while and enjoy a break. Not like rushing round like headless chickens in the UK earning 6.50 an hour and being screwed by many employers! More important matters in life i.e. family, good food, enjoying life - end of rant must go and sit on the balcony looking over the Med and have another coffee!

Rougueg
15th Aug 2012, 11:41
Irreguardless of your post, my point (which was in jest) still stands.

ericlday
15th Aug 2012, 12:18
C3B like it !!!! You have my vote on life.

Van G
15th Aug 2012, 14:47
Rougueg

An announcement was due last Friday. An official public announcement. Hence the reason I'm asking. It's overdue and as nothing has been announced by bmi I was appealing to AF regional pilots to share any insight as their management may be more forthcoming with information, especially if it was good news. As it happens a few of them have been banding around that they have won the contract. As it directly affects my continued employment I don't think its unreasonable to ask the question on here. August or not. The decision is due. It may have already been made.

Bored of the commercially sensitive line now. Sorry. Yes it's commercially sensitive but information can't be withheld forever.

redED
16th Aug 2012, 12:44
Flybe have just freed a Dash up with the closure of their LGW base! :ooh:

Heathrow Harry
17th Aug 2012, 16:38
To be fair in France when someone comes to a decision that the Govt doesn't like it often goes into delay mode so matters can be "clarified" and a suitable French company awarded the contract

probably Ryanair bid............

Expressflight
17th Aug 2012, 16:54
How very true.

5 RINGS
17th Aug 2012, 17:42
Do you know that in the mid 2000s, Privatair, a SWISS company (a country not even involved in the Airbus venture) ran the contract between Toulouse, Bristol and Hamburg for about 2 years?