PDA

View Full Version : RJ's to India

The Riddler
5th Apr 2002, 12:25
Rumour would have it that an Indian airline is about to expand to include 12 Regional Jet's. Operations are planned to commence in late April. Anyone know more?

picollo
7th Apr 2002, 13:35
The airline is called Sahara India airlines. Out of all the private airlines it is doing okay. I dont know a whole lot about them but I think their website is www.airsahara.com ,if that dosent work I am sure you will be able to find it with a search engine.

Good Luck

The Riddler
8th Apr 2002, 00:23
Thanks Picollo

I had a look at Air Sahara's website but no news on the CRJ operation. Looked like they hadn't updated it in a while though.

Do you have any idea on where the crews and aircraft may be coming from? Their are rumours around that the aircraft may be coming from Oz. It would be interesting to see how they perform during the Indian summer. Also what ports they are looking to operate into and what airline life in India is generally like?

Any info would be great.

picollo
8th Apr 2002, 03:11
I belive Sahara is going to use the CRJs to supplement their 737 operation. I am not sure as to where they plan to operate.I did see an advert for pilots on climbto350.com, they were looking for training captains.Usually they contract training captains and train their own crews. I am not sure about airline life in India as I am flying in the states but I think it would be really interesting.

Hope this helps

The Riddler
8th Apr 2002, 12:37
Picollo,

Thanks once again. I will keep an eye on their website and see what becomes.

Cheers

ronnie123
8th Apr 2002, 13:40
Sahara airlines is nice place to be working with.
The airline scene in India is very good ,great pay for Indian stds.
The job situation is very bad because of over supply of pilots and bad govt ruling , hence not allowing the small airlines to grow.
CRJs will support the small fleet of 737NGs Sahara flys within India.

Skyking
10th Mar 2003, 04:36
Hi there , Air Sahara , has begun their operation with the CRJ fleet effective as of 7th March 03 , routes are new delhi to calcutta via ghorakhpur and allahbad. Just for your info.

cheers
SK