PDA

View Full Version : Windjet

peppo_8787
10th Aug 2012, 20:14
Alitalia informs talks to take over Wind Jet have failed
(AGI) Rome - Alitalia informs through a press release that the talks for taking over Wind Jet have failed. "Following today's declarations by Wind Jet's CEO, which clearly reveal Wind Jet's intention not to abide by the conditions set forth in the agreements signed on 2 and 3 August 2012, Alitalia informs that talks with Wind Jet for its takeove have come to an end".
Alitalia points out that, despite its "will to complete the transaction, Wind Jet never complied with the dates and duties set forth under the agreements signed with Alitalia, thus making the transaction far too risky and unpredictable for a serious and responsible management"

PAXboy
10th Aug 2012, 20:42
"Alitalia points out that ... for a serious and responsible management"Well, that made me smile. :ooh: ;)

ATNotts
11th Aug 2012, 09:59
Excuse my naivity (if there is such a word) but how can a company that has spent most of the last half century bankrupt, and constantly bailed out by a government that itself is constantly bankrupt can possibly even have been thinking about taking over another carrier!!

I guess that says a lot about the causes of the Eurozone crisis!

peppo_8787
11th Aug 2012, 15:40
Practically there is hell these days at the airports of Catania and Palermo (main operating bases of Windjet) .. Now ENAC is bringing together the three Italian airlines (Alitalia, and Meridiana fly express blue) to find a solution to the 300,000 pax (these data included) who bought a plane ticket with Windjet until October .. The first of these solutions were:

from Catania
Windjet: Barcelona, Bergamo, Bologna (replaces Meridiana), Linate (increases Meridiana), Malpensa, Moscow, Paris, Pisa, Rimini, Rome (replaces Meridiana), St. Petersburg, Turin (increases Meridiana), Verona (increases Meridiana), Venice

from Palermo
Windjet: Linate, Paris, Pisa, Rimini, Rome, Turin

At the moment of the entire network IV from Sicily are safeguarded routes 5 of 20