PDA

View Full Version : To douse the flames of mistrust - from the guy who needs the help on the PUMA

stephen.mullins
5th Apr 2002, 10:31
[email protected]

First a message to YOZZER - I thought I had enabled the email reply as I was hoping people would reply directly. my reasons for requiring the info is genuine, as will become clear later. I am not a journalist. I tried to email you direct but was informed I was unable to email directly, then tried via the administrator but my message was returned un-deliverable.

Secondly a message to YELLOW AND BLACK - I can understand you scepticism and hope that by reading this new post will be satisfied with my reasons for needing this info. I also tried to email you direct but encountered the same problems as I did with Yozzer.

RIGHT TO THE POINT.

I joined the RM's in 97, passed out in mar 98. became a signaller for my sins and serve at RM Poole. I am on JCC 1/02 at CTCRM and have been given the task of a 30 minute lecture as part of the course. We have been advised to have this complete before our return on the 15th April

I have some information on the PUMA HC1 but a lot of it conflicts. I have visited the Eurocopter site but to no avail. I have tried to speak to Benson's Corporate Comm Officer as well as the ADJ of 33 Sqn, both are unreachable, maybe they are on leave? I have also tried the crew room but with no luck.

I haven't tried 230 Sqn as they are across the water and thought with Benson being UK based would get better luck. SO1 at HQ Land believes she may be able to help in a little way but thinks the info may not arrive in time for my return to CTCRM.

If I was at my parent unit things would be easier, but as I'm at Lympstone (and now on leave) things are different, as with all training establishments they have their own little world, and certain things can't be done.

I do have questions that need answering some may seem trivial, but I have no experience of the puma, I suppose that's why it's been given. The DS have seen the Puma lecture by many individuals and I am looking to get that different angle. The RAF site contains info on the Puma but not enough to pan out thirty minutes. It doesn't mention in what roles it is used and even conflicts with it's self on carrying ability and lifting weights. As bootnecks we want to know the cost, how far it could take us, what guns and weapons you can stick on it to name a few of the trivial ones.

Bottom line I need help on gathering info and if I could get some one within the military Forum to aid us and make my lecture better and my life easier in getting that info then I'm asking. We may be in different branches but we all need a little help sometimes. mine is now.

So in conclusion then, If you fly, operate, work on, or know somebody who does then drop us an email, your or their help is what is required. I have some images of the RAF library and Benson site, but anything would be a help.

Go on give a bootneck a hand, and look out for the questions page being posted shortly.

stephen.mullins
5th Apr 2002, 20:00
Sorry fellas

Forgot to put the dot in my email address.