PDA

View Full Version : Dissappearing Google toolbar.

Fareastdriver
10th Aug 2012, 15:20
I have got my webpage just as I like it. I have yahoo uk as the home page and google toolbar for the nitty gritty and access to gmail. The main toolbar at the bottom is in disappearing mode so I can pop it up, select my desktop and fiddle around with the internet still available on the toolbar.

The google toolbar keeps disappearing when I start internet explorer 9. Not only that the bottom toolbar wont come up on demand so I have to shrink the web page to get to my desktop. I can tell when it is loading because the webpage uses up the whole of my widescreen instead of leaving a shadow of the desktop on the upper 20mm.

The toolbar is still loaded on my computer. I have tried reloading but that just inputs google as the home page still without the toolbar. The only thing that I can find wrong is when I install the toolbar the final webpage has a arrow pointing at an enable button. There is no button but if I press at the bottom of the arrow it congratulates me on installing the toolbar, which it hasn't.

The only way I can regain the status quo is to system restore which take me back a few days and the problem is solved, I am starting to get fed up with restoring every week or so to regain it. Anybody any ideas.

Keef
11th Aug 2012, 10:10
I would guess something else you've installed is zapping the Google toolbar. Several downloadable goodies include other stuff you didn't ask for: you have to untick them or they will be installed as well as the item you want.

That said, I don't use the Google Toolbar: the Firefox user-configurable toolbar is extremely flexible, and includes all the Google stuff I use plus a lot more besides.