PDA

View Full Version : New Helicopter Pilot by SNA, Orange County, Ca

rhood99
9th Aug 2012, 20:54
Hello,

I am about to solo in my R44 Helicopter and was wondering what other helicopter pilots are living in Orange County that may be interested in sharing costs during trips? I own an R44 hangared at SNA and wish to meet other helicopter private pilots who may want to share expenses in using my helicopter as I build up my hours after I obtain my Private Pilots license in the next month.. Pay half of the gas and you can ride along, etc.

Thanks!

DauphinDude
12th Aug 2012, 11:44
You at Tridair? Did some training there. Wish I had that opportunity then :P

herman the crab
16th Aug 2012, 03:23
PM sent...

HTC

Gordy
16th Aug 2012, 03:46
Pay half of the gas and you can ride along, etc.

Why...? Only one of you can log the time unless the other person is a CFI....at which point HE is paying YOU to instruct you.....

Furia
16th Aug 2012, 07:18
Yeah! I do not understand it either. I guess he needs his solo time so nobody else should be aboard, let alone logging time.
Besides this if I remember correctly as student pilot not rated yet he cannot carry passengers.
Strange propossal

Bladecrack
16th Aug 2012, 09:16
other helicopter private pilots who may want to share expenses in using my helicopter as I build up my hours after I obtain my Private Pilots license in the next month

key word - AFTER

Gordy
16th Aug 2012, 14:41
key word - AFTER

I got that, but he wants to meet:

other helicopter private pilots

to fly with.... What would be their incentive to pay to ride along---only ONE can log the time at any given time.

helonorth
17th Aug 2012, 14:20
Yes, we all understand CFI 101. If it has duals installed it would be a cheap way to get some time. Sounds like fun.