PDA

View Full Version : Luxair Assessment

FlyingDutchy
8th Aug 2012, 18:16
Hi,

Does any of you have some up to date assessment info for Luxair?

lensuperman
8th Aug 2012, 19:41
That info would be greatly appreciated here as well.

alkor
9th Aug 2012, 06:41
Hi,

Have they started hiring again?

inner
10th Aug 2012, 06:19
If you are above 30 and not rated, you dont get in. Especially the age requirement is a hiddden requirement. Concerning the assesment, it is the dlr test.

Anunaki
10th Aug 2012, 21:50
Quick question to you guys as I think hope is the very last thing to die
...when did you guys submitted the application?I did the general flight crew one on their website around 4 months ago!did you apply there as-well or did you go through different channels??
I'm 30 and also not rated...!cheers and good luck on your assessments ,Which I believe is the DLR test, but that's been said already :ok:

LLZDME
11th Aug 2012, 09:56
If you're not rated, seems like you need to live in Luxembourg to be called in for selection...

Griego
11th Aug 2012, 17:52
You don't have to be living in Luxembourg or be younger than 30 to be called. But I m not saying it wouldn't help. Anyone who knows how long their 'short term contract' is for?

chorse
15th Aug 2012, 20:45
Hi, Can someone please advise me on how to apply? Email address or link greatly appreciated, thanks a lot:ok:

SanHor
27th Aug 2012, 15:17
Anybody got assessment today?

I know they will be interviewing this Monday till Wednesday.

Any up-to-date info would be appreciated.

Griego
28th Aug 2012, 20:34
They are creating a holding pool because the current one is empty. They can not say when there will be pilots hired. If they hire it might be for a temporary contract ( they can not elaborate on that either). The conditions are like stated on ppjn. They do have a very long selection planned until november. It ends with 2 days of role plays etc. ( 2 psychs present). In the initial you face 2 capts and a psych. Good luck to all going there!

Johnny Bekkestad
28th Aug 2012, 21:16
Here is the link
https://talentsplace.recruitmentplatform.com/syndication1/luxair/internet/details.html?nPostingTargetID=609&ID=QXHFK026203F3VBQB8M8M79BL

But i have a question for you.
If you are not able to find it yourself are you the right person for this job?
It took me 15 seconds to find it,
i googled luxair, went to their website, looked at the botom found "Careers" and there i found a link to the flight crew.
Now why is it that people are so lazy... Do you really think that you have "The right stuff"?

SanHor
29th Aug 2012, 08:34
@ Griego

The temporary contract thing is, if I correctly understood slightly different.

They give you a regular contract, but because of the Luxumburg Law you and your employer have a 6 month probation.
The intention of Luxair is to keep you within the company, seems quite logic since they are paying your T/R...don't you think?

Did you attend Thuesday or Monday?

aloa326
29th Aug 2012, 09:45
Hi Folks!!!

I sent my application and i have 737 300-900 type and dlr passed for LH........someone knows if they preferred guys with these requirements or just "fresh"???

Cheers

Griego
29th Aug 2012, 10:03
I hope you are right but
- they said that they consider you as an employee from the moment you pass all the tests : only unpaid till they call you. So if they call you or a 6 month contract you will be only paid for 6. Remember that if you decide to walk away they call for the bond. If they fire you get to keep your money and type. For typerated guys this doesn t really matter. They reminded me that the application was for a temp contract, being out of a job that doesn t really matter i guess.

aloa326
29th Aug 2012, 11:34
Griego how the assestment was??

What about initial interview??

chorse
30th Aug 2012, 22:32
Hi Johnny, Thanks for the link. Actually I agree with you. It was quite lazy of me to put up that question and I realised that soon after writing it. I then found the link myself pretty easily and applied. I guess i just thought someone reading the thread might have the link open and send it on quickly. Lazy as u say, but Im sure we can all be lazy sometimes.

As for having the right stuff, yeah I definitely think I do. Since completing my training I got 2 interviews, passed them both, took one job and have been getting on well ever since. Fingers crossed I can continue to learn and improve every day as I have been. I love this job/career so so much and just couldn't be happier doing what Im doing. Anyway, cheers for the link and best of luck to everyone applying!

aloa326
18th Sep 2012, 09:37
Hi Guys;

Someone has been called for the interview recently?

Cheers:E

SanHor
18th Sep 2012, 11:14
End of August was a round of initial interviews.

Rumours are that there are having a round in January again....

It's all for there holding pool.

aloa326
18th Sep 2012, 13:01
Thanks Sanhor....

In January they will call other people for the initial interview or just prosecution of assestment started in August??

Anunaki
19th Sep 2012, 15:22
Is it there a hidden language restriction?it seems that most of the people that has been called(inc. the ones I spoke too)are either dutch or german...anyone who attended the assessments could share?
cheers,

Mlambin
3rd Feb 2017, 12:28
Unfortunately not. I wish I could ! When did you apply and what is your background ?

Mlambin
4th Feb 2017, 17:49
Long time ago, thanks.

I did it in June and wanted to update it but I do not find any way to do so.

luc753
12th Feb 2017, 23:07
Hello,

i have been contacted for the selection via a man of the airline.
I would like to know if you have tips, what is the procedure and type of questions..
Thank you very much

Mlambin
13th Feb 2017, 06:37
I can't help you.

What is your profil please?

luc753
13th Feb 2017, 20:36
Rated 737. Someone have tips...
i don't live far from there and really want to work there..

Chouffy
18th Feb 2017, 08:32
Hey Luc,

Abinitio pilot here, 50hours on MEJ, applied in 2015 just got a call and passed successful the initial interview last week. Up for the DLR now.

First screening is straightforward, you will meet two persons that will present you the company for about 30min. Then you are off for a 20-30min chat with them ;

Why Luxair ?
Why do you want to leave your company ?
What do you know about us ?
What do you know about Luxembourg ? (That one surprised me...)
Theoretical question :
Angle of Attack
Angle of Incidence and can you change it ?
How do you increase the lift ?

A guy did fail the theory. But he passed and is invited to the DLR in March.
Good luck Mate, Luxair seems to be a really nice company !

Would be happy to receive any input for the DLR..

Mlambin
18th Feb 2017, 14:20
Nice Chouffy.

I am Abinitio as well and apply many months or years ago but I didn't get any call or mail :-(

Best of luck!

artlite
10th Mar 2017, 19:11
How much salary for fresh fo net in luxair? Cost of living there is horrendous so it better be 6000+

Iselbewohner
11th Mar 2017, 09:23
Should be 4400 per month gross, net depends on your marital status, but taxes in Luxembourg are generally very low.

artlite
11th Mar 2017, 11:47
Same as ryanair, makes no sense to move, I pay 19 percent in my country. Unless it's paid as a salary not per/h and in saarbrucken, not lux in which case it's slightly better.

J74
11th Mar 2017, 12:23
but taxes in Luxembourg are generally very low.
Really?
according your gross ...the tax should be around 39% (2015/16, I Don't have the 2017)

Iselbewohner
11th Mar 2017, 17:04
OK maybe I should rephrase that:

Depending on what you are used to, taxes in Luxembourg are very low. For example if you are from Germany, youŽll love Luxembourg (considering taxes at least).

J74
11th Mar 2017, 17:13
Why that?
In Germany, isn't 14% till €53 665?
I think you lost something behind!

Lux= 38% from € 39 855 - € 41 792 then 39% from € 41 793 - € 99 999

Iselbewohner
11th Mar 2017, 17:28
Tax-biuldup in Germany is a bit more sophisticated, IŽm German and we do not just pay 14% :-(

emlo
11th Mar 2017, 19:22
Hey guys,

You can't compare Luxair to Ryanair sorry.
Let me explain: Luxair is an actual employer. You enjoy a pension scheme, not to mention an extra legal one on top, salary indexation based on inflation, a good healthcare system, a limit of 85 hours a month (anything beyond that and there is a system where you get an extra day off for any block of four hours above to compensate), a good request system for your flights/off days/vacation (one with a human behind), 31 vacation days (not including weekends of course),... etc. The down side is flying the DH8D and not a shiny jet and the network which is not that big. And if you're a gold digger: skip this, pay for a 737/320 rating and make your way to the sand. :ok:

Good luck

luc753
12th Mar 2017, 09:45
thanks for the answer. Just waiting now the call to know when it's the interview.. so long to wait lol

FelixFL390
15th Mar 2017, 16:56
I've done the Luxair assessment and unfortunately failed the simulator.
For my preparation I used latestpilotinterviews.com which was a nice and accurate tech and hr interview preparation.

Good luck all.

Reveal1
15th Mar 2017, 22:39
Hello Felix,
do you have any feedback about the "mistakes" you did in the Sim?

FelixFL390
16th Mar 2017, 22:00
Hi Reveal1,

Unfortunately not, I did not receive in-depth feedback regarding the simulator session...

trancada
23rd May 2017, 22:04
AVIATIONJOBS.ME announced again openings for LUXAIR.
For a ntr, but with more than 6000hours on A320, what can you expect? Fly the DASH Q400 or B737?
Which aircraft, that they are considering, to replace the EMB145?
What are the salaries? Typical rosters, do they have overnights in Europe?

dboy
24th May 2017, 14:11
@trancada

If i am correct, the emb145 has already been replaced with the Dash.

Pension wise, this is one of the best outfit you can join. And taxes in Lux are not high.

I guess you do almost no nightstops at all. Money/lifestyle i would consider this company.

trancada
13th Jun 2017, 22:24
thanks dboy.

dareen
2nd Aug 2017, 10:38
Luxair "You have been manually added for consideration for this position". Do you always get called in this status of the application process for interview or not necessarily?

Thanks.

GL1DE
23rd Aug 2017, 10:08
Mine says the same, so don't think so, haven't been called myself.

5th or 6th application for NTR position.

Mlambin
24th Aug 2017, 03:45
Nice ! It's better than nothing right ?

I should re-apply since I succeed the DLR.

GL1DE
26th Aug 2017, 10:36
Nice ! It's better than nothing right ?

I should re-apply since I succeed the DLR.
You should, don't see why not.

flyy123
24th Sep 2019, 09:41
Hi,

has anyone participated in the Luxair Assessment Center (selection process 3 of 5)?

What can I expect and prepare?

What is is about?

Thanks and best regards,
Julia