PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Coast Aircraft Hire

lmullan
5th Aug 2012, 10:23
Hi all,

I am headed to the Sunshine Coast in a month and will be staying in Coolum, the idea occurred to me that I could take my family up for a scenic flight of the coast. I am wondering if anyone knows of a company in this region that hires aircraft privately? I would prefer C210, C182 or C172 (in order of pref) as I am fairly current on all of them. Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated!!

Also any ideas of routes for the best scenic experience would be absolutely amazing!

Regards,

Luke

LookinDown
5th Aug 2012, 21:51
I assume these guys are still operating and know they will look after you.
QAS (http://www.qldaviation.com/flytrain.htm)

If not look elsewhere at Caloundra as its ideally situated for Sunny Coast flying.
LD

seneca208
5th Aug 2012, 22:31
Chopperline have a tidy C210 available for hire at Caloundra

dude65
5th Aug 2012, 23:12
I use to fly a route that took me from Redcliffe - Maleny - Lake Cootharaba - Noosa - Caloundra and back to Redcliffe. Took me about an hour in a 172. Friends loved it. ATC will probably keep you over water from Noosa to Caloundra so the person in the right hand seat gets a good view as well.

If you have a bit more time ($$$) you can also head over to Moreton Island and down to Notrth Straddie or do a lap of the Glasshouse Mountains.

There's plenty to see and great weather for flying at the moment.