PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan Jet Management

AviationIntelligence
3rd Aug 2012, 20:57
Apparently handbags have been drawn at 50 paces at MJM recently and there has been an exodus! Also very strange aviation press and adverts smacking of desperation. Anyone know what's going on and what Compliance Plus is?

SpoolingUp
6th Aug 2012, 20:42
I don't know what's going on, but on 20th July 2012, 2 x Directors resigned and they are currently looking for a Maintenance Manager. A good look around Companies House is very revealing. My question would be "do companies need to start playing around with company names and key personnel if all is ship shape on the bridge?":confused:

equine rotorhead
7th Aug 2012, 12:27
FAB closing and office etc. moving to Glos.

AviationIntelligence
8th Aug 2012, 21:49
All very bizarre (worth reading - The Aviator | Londons Luxury Journal | Meze Magazine (http://tinyurl.com/cqa5crl)) - I have now interestingly heard from the Charter Broker network that they were offering a medium sized airframe for charter around at the beginning of the year - possibly a Challenger 300 - Meze Magazine said on Twitter on 3 April this year that they were 'Looking forward to revealing their (MJM's) exciting plans next month' - nothing came of this except their granting of 'Compliance Plus' which no one knows anything about and doesn't appear to be that exciting! - then suddenly it all went very quiet and then in this months EBAN magazine there was a small advert saying something like:

"MJM require the following aircraft under management to fulfil our busy charter demand.....Global Express/Legacy, Challenger 604/605, Learjet 45 - Contact Steve Westlake etc etc" which is what I was initially suggesting smacked of desperation!

The above ad just does not makes sense because no one in their right mind says "We require the following aircraft under management......." and then almost compare in the same breath the Global Express/Legacy when they have a huge range difference - surely you should either ask for aircraft based on range OR capacity - or perhaps just say "We are desperate and we'll manage anything, even if its a C172?"

If they are shutting down FAB, are they tightening their belts? its extremely cut throat out there at the moment! :\

Phil Brockwell
10th Aug 2012, 10:42
Aviationintel...

Alternatively they are a company that wants to grow and have done some marketing, they're all at it nowadays, Apple, BA, Kelloggs, all desperate to keep their shareholders happy by resorting to advertising.

Whatever next, they will be controlling overhead in a recession - These business people are bizarre eh?

Phil

AviationIntelligence
12th Dec 2012, 19:38
As far as I know Apple, Kellogs and BA are still going.........as is BFC with a great new contract, well done!

Privatejetbroker
14th Dec 2012, 11:45
good luck to all the LR45 drivers who will be looking for new seats now.

some good guys.

chevvron
14th Dec 2012, 15:35
Just talked to one of the pilots. Says he'll report for duty on monday but doesn't expect his security pass to work. He'd already taken the precaution of 'clearing his desk'.
Sad; I've been friends of the founders (the Jones) for over 30 years; I know they have little to do with the company now but it's sad to see all their work come to this.

Daifly
15th Dec 2012, 07:23
Very sad; Trevor's had nothing at all to do with the company for 18 months now.

ortac1a
15th Dec 2012, 12:35
Its a shame for the pilots to see MJC go down, its become a tough market for operators to continue. Trevor must be sad to see his company of 18years or so go down after only 2 years of new ownership.:(

x933
18th Dec 2012, 16:44
Administrators moved in today. Some good guys redundant a week before christmas - not a good place to be.

HS-125
18th Dec 2012, 17:50
So I guess the European SkyTime aircraft are now grounded?

Shame - guys there were fantastic.

SpoolingUp
20th Dec 2012, 01:41
Lions led by Donkeys

bobsherunko
20th Dec 2012, 07:46
Really sad to hear this news. MJC was the company where I started my career. I have really fond memories of the place.

Sorry to hear this news and it must be sad for Trevor to hear that his old and well respected company has gone into administration. Also not great to hear about the timing of this decision in respects to all the employees. I wish you all the best of luck.

Thanks to MJC and Teej for all the help over the years.

expatflyer
20th Dec 2012, 12:54
That's an insult to donkeys!

madmandan1
15th Jan 2013, 18:05
Is there any updates on this thread?

AviationIntelligence
15th Jan 2013, 18:16
Yes, apparently the Owner and Chief Pilot were seen in Farnborough Airport this week which we consider an insult to those made redundant just before Christmas. This cold be Phoenix from the ashes, which would be great news for the Aircrew. All things considered, this is most unlikely and we would just like to see their passes withdrawn if there is nothing concrete!