PDA

View Full Version : Job opportunities at SIA

downfourgreen
4th Apr 2002, 17:47
Hello everyone,
Can someone tell me if SIA is still looking for B777 pilots or they forgot to update their web page?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I suppose the second choice is more appropriate...:confused:

Djoni Boerhanoeddin
8th Apr 2002, 13:58
Yes They Still Looking For Captain For B744 & B777

downfourgreen
8th Apr 2002, 18:52
Wow! Even after several layoffs everywhere they're still looking for captains. Great, but I don't wonder why...
Thanks Djoni.
DN4GR

G.Khan
8th Apr 2002, 21:45
So you don't wonder why DN4GR?!

Perhaps you have been reading too much into the yards of absolute cr@p that gets posted on PPRuNe slagging off SIA?

If you want a direcy entry command onto either a B747-400 or B777 anywhere then there will be a price to pay, in this case you have to buckle under and do it the SQ way.

If you don't want to pay the price then you join a very large major carrier as a second officer, put in about eighteen years and Hey Presto! you are a B744 or B777 captain.

Nothing in this life comes for free DN4GR!

Best of luck, and if you fancy it have a go.:)

downfourgreen
9th Apr 2002, 00:43
Thanks for your opinion GK,
I haven't read any SQ topics lately and thought that several w/b drivers have been looking for any job around the world and SQ could fill those open vacancies easily. Sorry, I couldn't imagine that SQ isn't a good place for many pilots even during hard times...

Djoni Boerhanoeddin
10th Apr 2002, 14:46
it wasn't a good place by SQ it a good place, the only think's they know so many pilot's want's to joint them, and they pilot's who are train and grow with them, that's why they do not accept a direct entry F/O

Jet Man
16th Apr 2002, 19:37
What, Singapore Airlines hire D/E Captains but don't hire D/E First Officers??

Sunny
17th Apr 2002, 07:13
There's a factory in Jandakot churning out FO's, so no need to hire direct entry.

Slasher
17th Apr 2002, 20:35
What the hell did Djoni just say? :confused:

mutt
17th Apr 2002, 21:50
Still hiring????

Thats strange, I know a couple of guys who had Oct/Nov class dates which were cancelled..... they are still waiting for a new class date....

Mutt.

start sequence 312
18th Apr 2002, 00:17
Hey mutt, would you tell me what flying experience and type-rating those guys have?
thanks

mutt
23rd Apr 2002, 21:55
5 digit total hours with at least 3 years in the B777 left seat..

Mutt...

Last-Samurai
28th Apr 2002, 08:25
Its true that SIA is hiring B747-400 Captains.
There three Captains from MAS went for Interview recently.
Good luck,chaps.:eek:

New York Pilot
1st May 2002, 23:26
If you are an expat interested in being a direct entry FO at SIA then you must go read my true to life story last found under the 1st November 2001 posting within this forum "Thoughts from an almost SIA Pilot".

Remember, SIA is of the opinion that they can do anything they want and people will still want to fly for them.

Alpha Leader
2nd May 2002, 07:34
NY Pilot:

Tried to find your thread "Thoughts from an almost SIA Pilot" and performed a search with your User ID. It seems the topic's been removed
:(

New York Pilot
2nd May 2002, 14:05
You can still find "Thoughts from an almost SIA Pilot" that was started by Gladiator from an email I sent him. As you read that thread you will find that I reveal my months long, expensive and the prevailing mistreatment all the way through SIA recruitment. You can clearly read what to expect as an expat trying to become a SIA FO no matter how qualified you are and whatever immigration status you secure in Singapore on your own. Captain expats would also be wise to read my thread as the events I encountered are not uncommon and considered everyday for SIA.

This thread is dated 1 November 2001 and can be currently found on page 5 of this Far East forumn when you ask for threads for the last year.

Please, bear in mind that Singaporeans are wonderful people. My wife is one of them. However, SIA is of the opinion that they can do anything they want and people will still want to fly for them. Somehow, I just do not feel that way...

Slasher
2nd May 2002, 18:38
NYP yeh I remember that thread and a bloodey good one at that.

Yeh I generaly didnt gripe much with the Singapore locals either when I did my 2-year stint at Stalag SQ. And talking to NTUC taxi drivers always gave me the facts behind the bullsh!t and what the pulse of the locals was about.

Unfortunatley SQ is run the same way as Harry runs the country - like a 1940s German POW camp but also with an SS and Hitler Youth wing.

PS NYP you werent furloughed after 911 were you?

Djoni Boerhanoeddin
6th May 2002, 15:16
SLASHER I think NYP answer your question on your post 17 April