PDA

View Full Version : Some help for a budding aviator

TFK
2nd Aug 2012, 06:26
Hey guys, I'm unsure as to whether this is the right place to ask about this but I am in a bit of a dilemma here with my flight training.

First, heres a short history. I am a 21 year old in Bangladesh :\ and currently enrolled in Bangladesh Flying Academy which happens to be the "oldest and greatest" (Our community has an infatuation with old establishments) in the nation.

Unfortunately, our flight school is rather stripped of flying resources and often have difficulty keeping up with a structured study curriculum. Classes get missed but payment is always taken and the like. I am not trying to imply that it is a rogue institution but that's just how it is. Added to that they say that it will take FOUR YEARS to complete ALL the way to CPL :-(

Basically are you catching my drift yet? Not yet? I just want to complete my training from abroad, preferably the states. We are currently studying the JAA curriculum but I guess the FAA curriculum would give me an edge here (Bangladesh LOVES international licenses). I have come across a few flight school there out of which "Prairie Air Service and Aviator College" a few worth mentioning but there are some questions that hold me back.

Besides aviation, I am also studying at University to pursue a degree in Environmental Sciences.

So here are a few things that really concern me as of now.

1) FAA or JAA (Everybody has this question and I STILL cant fully decide, I am on a limited budget by the way)

2) M1 visa or F1 Visa (Again, asked multiple times but I am unsure as to the privileges of the two)

3) An affordable flight school in the USA

B2N2
3rd Aug 2012, 14:58
Several schools that offer a combined FAA and JAA curriculum.
I send you a PM

TFK
11th Aug 2012, 06:26
Hey thanks for the reply. I checked out the site and wrote to them. Unfortunately this raised a few MORE questions :sad:.

Why would I want to have a combined FAA and JAA training? :ouch: