PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship for non-citizens

configurator
1st Aug 2012, 20:10
Hi everyone,

Do any airlines sponsor cadet programs (like the BA FPP or CTC wings) for non-citizens who would need a visa to work?
I'm from Israel, and Israeli airlines rarely accept non-air-force pilots let alone sponsor their studies.

Thanks!

configurator
1st Aug 2012, 21:43
I wasn't accepted when I tried. It's hard to get in because there are far fewer spots than applicants. I assume I didn't get in because I wasn't in shape though there's no way to know. I'm now post-military so can't even try to get in anymore.

Bearcat F8F
1st Aug 2012, 22:45
As far as I'm aware... No. What's wrong with going military if it's the easiest route?
He's 26. Dunno if the IAF is an option. That and about a thousand more reasons why someone could be non-eligible.

configurator
1st Aug 2012, 23:59
I was in the IAF, by the way, and that's when I really got hooked on flying. I wasn't a pilot there though - just a mechanic.

Luke SkyToddler
2nd Aug 2012, 04:32
To answer your original question, NO. Not a chance in hell.

You can't work for them on completion of training, because you've got no work visa and no way to get one, so even if you were Chuck Yeager Junior it would be completely wasted money for them to spend a single penny on you.

configurator
2nd Aug 2012, 05:24
you've got no work visa and no way to get one
That's not necessarily true - in many countries, all you need is a sponsor who's offering you a job at a certain pay grade. There's no way Air France or BA would offer this, but this doesn't stop airlines from more open countries (open to immigrants, at least) e.g. Canada.

Thanks for the replies so far. If anyone does think of an airline that has such a deal, I'd love to know.

configurator
2nd Aug 2012, 21:37
It seems that Cathay Pacific doesn't require any sort of citizenship or visa. I've applied, and had an email correspondence from them saying my residence or nationality shouldn't hurt my chances.

Wish me luck!

Overhead Bin
16th Nov 2012, 05:48
I'm an American and also looking for a cadet training program that sponsors non-citizens. Does anyone know of any other sponsored-cadet programs/ commercial pilot training for non-citizens out there like Cathay Pacific?

Configurator, glad to hear you've applied to Cathay - how is the application process going? Good luck! :ok: