View Full Version : Taking DGCA to Supreme Court of India

avicon
1st Aug 2012, 19:38
DGCA insists on producing the Aadhar card to issue Licences/Endorsements/Ratings.

This is an illegal demand on their part and can be challenged in court.

There are several other means of Documentation one can produce as proof of Identity, including those issued by the state Governemnt as well as by Central Government of India (passport/PAN etc)

The Aadhar car has not been made mandatory by the government for the simple reason that it contains several personal details which an individual may not wish to share or be stored in a Central database.

If you wish to take the matter further, please express your interest in this thread and we can create a movement that works towards this goal.

Many thanks.

cyrilroy21
1st Aug 2012, 19:52
@avicon

Approaching the Supreme Court of India should be your last option .

Have you tried talking to the upper ranks within the DGCA including the present Director General himself?

If that does not work try approaching the Civil Aviation Ministry .

You can approach Sh G Ashok Kumar at MoCA . He is responsible for Redressal of Public Grievances .
[email protected]
Tel 24617692

Who in the DGCA is asking for the Aadhar UID card ? Is this for initital issue of CPL

I received my Aadhar card last week . Applied on 12th November 2011 :rolleyes:

vishwas_ddn
2nd Aug 2012, 01:26
as far as i have been educated, mandatory submission of aadhar was supposed to begin from jan 2012, for issue of compno., dgca exams and issue of cpl, and that was removed until further notice. So i guess you confim if they will make it mndatory again, if not its a waste of time.
What cyril said must be rogered, take it.up with officials first.

GE90-115B
2nd Aug 2012, 06:42
Mate take it easy. Taking DGCA to Supreme Court means you are going to loose your own valuable time of life for something as useless as an Adhaar Card. Relax man. Aviation is full of stupid rules and India probably has the most of any where. Even if Supreme Court rules in your favour just imagine the hassle of going back to DGCA office for your license conversion.

avicon
2nd Aug 2012, 14:59
What the crooks at DGCA are doing is illegal. One could take them to court on many counts.

Their flagrant breach of privacy is simply mind boggling.

I don't remember ever signing any declaration for publishing my personal details online. Yet that is what the crooks at DGCA do. They publish your name, date of birth and address of residence online for the world to see.

Imagine if DGCA accepted payment for their services by Credit Card, just like the rest of the civilised world!! They would have our credit card numbers published online int hat stupid self query for the world to see.

With the new Aadhar card, being a govt organisation, they can easily gain access to our personal information stored on the database. I for one do not want my Iris scan, finger prints, family tree etc published on the DGCA website for the world to see.

How on earth did these crooks manage to publish sensitive information online and get away with it for so long??? It is because people such as yourself, raised in a subservient culture, do not raise voice or express displeasure for fear of reprisal or for fear of being denied favours on your next encounter with the crooks at DGCA.

avicon
2nd Aug 2012, 15:04
If the crooks at DGCA keep asking for the Aadhar Card, I swear I will make a fake one and submit it. I am losing my patience and my respect for the system. I have to date been a very law abiding citizen. I have only respected the rules and regulations and loved my country. Now I am seriously thinking of renouncing my citizenship.

I hope Australia will welcome me. I am sick and tired of the level of corruption at every level in India.

In Australia they give you a Portal which you can log into using your ARN and password to see your licences/ratings/endorsements etc. Your information is protected and never sold out to the world.

Aussies respected my privacy, but I was let down by my own country. I feel betrayed and cheated. I would like to get even by having the crooks at DGCA face the music.

bayblade
2nd Aug 2012, 17:19
mate, they do have this same system in US too. no one's blowing steam there.

DeanWinchester
2nd Aug 2012, 18:00
Dude!
I can understand the frustration.

If you have a problem with a certain thing, File an RTI and ask your question for the same be it Your personal information on the DTL Query or status of your licence.

Before any Supreme Court PIL's you need data, which can be asked by an RTI. Start with that.

@bayblade : dude in USA, they have an option in your Airmen Services login page to HIDE YOUR ADDRESS/PERSONAL DATA whereas here in India there is no option for the same.

avicon
5th Aug 2012, 09:01
@cyrilroy

which centre did you apply for the Aadhar card. I know people who have been waiting since 2 years and still havent got it.

I am willing to pay 10 to 15000 rupees if I can get it in like 1 weeks time. Pls let me know if there is anyone at any centre that I can approach with this under the table proposition. I really am desperate to get it now.

blue_ingle
5th Aug 2012, 13:45
dude i dont know why DGCA is asking u adhaar card . my friends have submitted
it but just the adhar enrollment form . u can apply for adhar at any head post office . pls dont submit anything fake , that can create problem in future .

aadiprasan
5th Aug 2012, 17:49
I have to go to DGCA for an aircraft endorsement in a couple of weeks.

I am from Chennai, and Aadhar enrollments have been suspended.
Checked the Head Post office, checked some centers that used to issue aadhar card.

I have absolutely no way of enrolling even if I wanted to.

cyrilroy21
5th Aug 2012, 18:43
@avicon

The centre I applied for shut down . They keep opening centres and closing them as and when they feel like .

I still cant understand your frustration regarding the aadhar card ?

Has the DGCA started asking candidates for the aadhar card for issue of CPL , aircraft endorsements , written exams etc ?
They havent even asked for the enrolment proof let alone the aadhar card.....

@aadiprasan

You can enrol anywhere you want as long as you have the required documents in original and a copy .
I enrolled in Delhi even though I am a native of Cochin . And got my aadhar card a week ago sent to my address in Cochin .

List of enrolment centres are given on the UID website . You can enrol in one when you go to Delhi .