PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia Flash Player

QNH 1013
4th Apr 2002, 13:25
How can I stop the Macromedia Flash Player advert flashing up every few seconds when I try to read the PPrune forums? I have no wish to install this software on my computer.
I click on either the X at the top right of the box, or on the NO button which gets rid of it for a short time, but before I've had much chance to read anything on pprune, the box pops up again. It is usually less than one minute between appearances. It seems to lock my keyboard and mouse up until I click on either X or NO.
How many times do I have to say NO?
Is this irritating pop-up being supplied by Pprune?
I don't get it when I look at any other site.

FL310
4th Apr 2002, 19:44
does not come up on my one because I have it installed. Guess it is one of the banners written in Flash which wants to redirect you to the Macromedia site...
Don't see a reason not to install Flash as a lot of websites have Flash built in...

CUNIM
5th Apr 2002, 09:33
The Flash player is one of the most common additions or plug ins that is becoming increasingly necessary to see the complete page, it is very small, if I remember around 130kb so it is not going to overload your system. Many sites only use Flash as it is quite efficient at downloading animations since it is your own computer that does the calculations necessary to animate and you don't waste time and money downloading complex instructions. Just download it, it is more useful than being an annoyance.