PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for the A320

PlanetEarth
30th Jul 2012, 02:11
I've been looking around a bit more since last time, and so far this is what my research has yielded:

(from cheapest, to most expensive):

Pan Am:
Home Study course (14 days, 34h in sim, including checkride): $7000
Ground School course (21 days): $8000

Flight Training International:
Accelerated Course (8 days 28 hours in sim): $8000

AeroStar:
Fast Track / Full course (2 weeks / 3 weeks 24 hours sim): $13.500 for both

Higher Power:
Course (3 weeks, 36 hours in sim): $15 000

Now, even though I don't mind paying a bit more for some extra quality, some of these programs are over twice the cost of some of the others!
Even though I'm sure higher power is an awesome school and all, since this is my own money, I'm not sure how much I can justify in that regard.

Does anyone out there have any tips regarding this? Firsthand experiences?

a320renewal
30th Jul 2012, 14:12
ok.but where are the jobs?

RedBullGaveMeWings
30th Jul 2012, 14:16
It's his money, he can spend them how he wants.

I heard there is a company in Canada that offers a 3 years contract in Asia for type rated with 0 experience on type.

PlanetEarth
31st Jul 2012, 01:37
I live in Asia, and several people that I know of, with quite a few hours (getting ATP at the same time as taking the type), has managed to get a job in the Asia region with a type rating.

Anyway, that wasn't the subject here.
Does anyone know why there is this huge price difference? Up to over twice the price from the lowest to the highest.

Personal experiences would be very much appreciated

RedBullGaveMeWings
31st Jul 2012, 06:48
The difference in price is quite clear: some offers a theory course in-class while others offers Distance Learning theory course even for a TR. Others offer more hours, others less and so on...
You shouldn't look at the price when it comes down to make a right choice for your training.
Higher Power Aviation is one of the best TRTO in America and I heard it is used by SWA.

Wirbelsturm
1st Aug 2012, 09:13
Pricing for the A320

Hmm, quite a bit, depends on the fit I suppose:

USD$88.3 Million.

That WAS the question in the title no?

PlanetEarth
1st Aug 2012, 10:16
Yea, thanks :D

flyhigh07
2nd Aug 2012, 03:48
I am too in the same boat kinda confused between high power (virgin america training center) and aerostar (jet blue training),

Anybody know the name of the place which offers TR and some line training in Canada?

please PM me if you find any solution for this..:)

RedBullGaveMeWings
2nd Aug 2012, 05:31
I'd suggest you guys to ask these questions on another forum as this one is mainly based in the UK and Europe. Hardly an European goes to America just for a TR...