PDA

View Full Version : The 5 R's

akafrank07
29th Jul 2012, 20:52
In the event of a problem remember to remember the 5 x R’s:
Remember the briefing
Remember who is responsible for what – where do ‘your’ responsibilities lie
Remember and use the checklists - Don’t wind each other up with possible could be’s, making rushed and potentially wrong decisions before you have assessed the situation and looked carefully at the check list.
Remember your company’s standard operating procedures
Remember to work together – You may find in your company manual that there is much reference to “both pilots confirming or checking”

Do anyone explain in these context what the difference between 'remembering and using the checklists and 'remembering your company’s standard operating procedures' what the difference i just can't grasp the difference between sop's and checklists.
Cheers

M-ONGO
29th Jul 2012, 20:59
"Should've gone to truck driving school"

student88
29th Jul 2012, 22:04
Well, heres my view Frank,

IMO check lists are purely there to make sure that the aircraft and its systems are configured in the correct order and most importantly, remembered. So things like: GEAR....DOWN, ANTI ICE....AS REQUIRED, TRANSPONDER....SET. Typically broken up into different phases of flight, before takeoff, approach, landing etc

With standard operating procedures, these are generally made from memory and will include things like inspections or procedures. Things like the preflight inspection and the order it is conducted, not setting the flaps until you are at the hold in snowy/icy conditions or cockpit preparation.

This isn't a definitive answer and I'm sure someone else can give you a better one.

akafrank07
29th Jul 2012, 22:05
M-ONGO (http://www.pprune.org/members/300825-m-ongo)
Haha your a funny man, in actual fact i have went to 'truck driving school' and have a HGV licence, moving on to bigger things now.
Thanks for your help M-ONGO

akafrank07
29th Jul 2012, 22:53
Thanks for that student88
Through am still a bit hazing on it as far i think like, maintaining a curtain speed to a specified altitude, using reduced takeoff, no personal talk below 5000ft etc... would all be examples of SOP's

If anybody has any other views id appreciate them