PDA

View Full Version : HTC Sync Manager won't recognise my HTC One V

kevmusic
29th Jul 2012, 13:16
Aaargh! - I've been at this for hours, last night and today. Twice downloaded the software, tried umpteen times and all ways to get my phone and pc talking to each other, but each time the software tries to hook up a window comes up that says, " Device unavailable. Please reconnect your device". Reconnecting the device, of course, achieves doodly squat.

I really only want to download my holiday photos, but configuring the phone as a disk drive and opening with Explorer only reveals a few, older photos. Why should that be? Where are all the photos I took in the last few days? The SD card has been in there since new (a month ago).

Specs:
Dell Vostro 410DT, MS Vista Home Premium
24” monitor
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Processor (2.50GHz, 1333 MHz, 6MB cache)
3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024 + 2x512) memory
500GB hard drive with 16MB cache
512MB nVidia GeForce 8800GT graphics

I feel like I've gone back to the year 2000 or so.......:sad:

green granite
29th Jul 2012, 14:18
These might help, one comment is not to use a cable more than 30cms (12") long

HTC Sync won't recognize my HTC One X (http://www.htconeforum.com/forum/htc-one-x-help/322-htc-sync-wont-recognize-my-htc-one-x.html)

http://www.htc.com/us/content/documents/HTC_OneV/htc_onev_english_userguide_20120510.pdf

The late XV105
30th Jul 2012, 16:13
I have an HTC One X and don't bother with the Sync Manager software. I didn't bother with it for the Desire I had previously either having encountered the same problem that you report!

In both devices photos are stored on the SD card but visible as part of the normal file structure (i.e the fact that they are actually on physically different media to the Android operating system is hidden from the user). My One X connects as a G drive, so single photos are found in G:\DCIM\100MEDIA and those taken as a rapid-fire burst in G:\DCIM\100BURST.

Hope this helps.

hellsbrink
30th Jul 2012, 19:58
Kev.

Have you tried using another cable or connecting via bluetooth?

Sprogget
30th Jul 2012, 21:45
Kev, start task manager on your pc when the phone is plugged in. On the processes tab see if you can see abd.exe. If it's there, kill it & try again.

Also make sure the phone isn't in USB debugging mode as this interferes with HTC Sync although by default it shoudn't be unless you've been dicking about with system settings.

kevmusic
31st Jul 2012, 06:51
Thanks chaps - loads to try, will report back. :ok: