PDA

View Full Version : 252hrs CPL MEL IR seeking a job

chinexlaws
28th Jul 2012, 03:54
Please any ideas on where to start my career....

500 above
28th Jul 2012, 06:43
McDonalds?

zondaracer
28th Jul 2012, 07:05
I am usually quite shocked at the number of recent CPL who have absolutely no clue how or where to start a pilot career. They have done 0 research before or during their training and have no idea what the hiring picture looks like.

I recently had a recent-grad (here in Europe at the school where I teach) ask me if I knew of jobs in New Zealand or Australia. I broke the news to him that it isn't that easy to immigrate. I knew of a couple flying schools hiring FIs so I told him about it (he has a FI rating), but told me that he just wanted to work at an airline. So then he asked me about if there were any jobs in the US or Canada (being that I'm American). I proceeded to tell him the immigration process for both countries, and the fact that he is about 800 to 1300 hours short of getting an airline job in the US, at which point he went silent.

Chinexlaws, where are you from?

loveflyingalways
28th Jul 2012, 07:52
A) Welcome to the world of aviation!!!!
B) Never give up
C) In or outside the cockpit

KAG
28th Jul 2012, 09:01
252, 250, or 200, I am afraid to say it's the same.

Even worse, 180 looks better sometimes (integrated).
Do you have float experience? Other?
This kind of question could be more interesting to find your first job on some islands, for example, than having 250 or 200 hours.

And what is that with you guys, I first do my CPL, than think about a job.

You have to think about it before. Then adapt your training.
(include an instructor rating, float, trip to Africa, other????)

If you don't think ahead and don't come up with a plan BEFORE starting your training, you'll get what you'd pay for: a CPL and a hole in your bank account.

CharlieTangoZulu
28th Jul 2012, 10:27
i'm not very sorry to say that this is getting a bit ridiculous.
you have hours and licenses, therefore you studied at a flight school and you should know something about jobs, the environment, how it works and turns.
even though you have never read the forum you should already have and idea what to expect!
i'm wondering if your flight school has ever told you or mentioned anything about future employment, or what you would be going towards!

anyway, i agree with 500 above, McDonalds is the best answer! :D

Halfwayback
28th Jul 2012, 13:14
Chinexlaws
Welcome to the Wannabee forums!

You will fin a lot of people here with vast experience willing to help butthey do expect you to do some research yourself.

If you use the Search function you will find that your question has been asked - and answered - many times in these forums. By reading the threads you will also learn a lot about the industry and its present state.

I am closing this thread to stop the numerous sciolists that will want to expound their pet theories.

HWB