PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Costs

GolfFoxtrot
4th Apr 2002, 11:07
Does anybody know the going rate on a gallon (US) of 100LL in the Pacific Northwest, both the States and Canada. I know its going to vary a bit from field to field but a rough estimate would do, for budgeting reasons.

weasil
4th Apr 2002, 20:26
$2.40 is an average price. tends to go up in the summer though. and i've paid as much as $3.50 at some places (santa barbara for one).

GoneWest
4th Apr 2002, 23:32
Hope the link works....

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/local.html

enter the designator for any airfield and it will give you real time pricing (near enough) of fuel at that airfield and all others in a 40 (?) miles radius.

Cyclic Hotline
5th Apr 2002, 00:58
Boy, it's just amazing all these little features about flying in the US. :D

Anyone have the link for fuel prices in the UK? ;)

GoneWest
5th Apr 2002, 02:23
Cyclic - unfortunately you do not need a link like the one above for UK fuel.

If you want Avgas, just start at around £10 a gallon....and think of any number higher than that. :( :(

jmore
5th Apr 2002, 10:02
$2.40-$2.50 seems average in california right now but as previous posts have stated if you are flying in the busier more "to be seen places " it can get a little steeper -corona airport in the LA basin is the cheapest i have found @ $1.80 a gallon and los angeles international the most expensive.

GolfFoxtrot
5th Apr 2002, 11:56
Thanks for all the replies. Great site GW.

Cheers
GF

GolfFoxtrot
20th Jul 2002, 01:11
Before I end up red faced, can anyone confirm whether most FBO's take credit cards for fuel uplifts.

Is this dependent on airport/FBO size etc.

Cheers
GF

GoneWest
20th Jul 2002, 02:49
GW to GF

This is the United States of America. Credit cards are just fine!!

Indeed, many airfields have self fuelling installations, workable 24 hours a day (if the airfield is closed, just turn on the lights with the R/T button, land, self fuel, sod off again - the lights will turn themselves off when they feel like it).

BTW!!! Do you already have an FAA license - have you seen the new laws??

GolfFoxtrot
20th Jul 2002, 11:17
GW

Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen the new FAA licence laws, I was planning to fly on either a Canadian Limited Term PPL (a special licence for ICAO PPL holders planning hour building or Canadian flight training) or a straight Canadian PPL converted from my JAA PPL. I have been told by the FTO I have chosen to hire from that flying in the US on these would be no problem, if anyone can confirm this I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
GF

rick1128
10th Aug 2002, 21:34
Depending on your aircraft, just try to pay cash and watch what happens. I fly air ambulance and was a a small airport where thry didn't take any of the company credit cards I had. The look on the fueler's face ( this was a weekend, so he was the only one there) when I whipped out $1200 in cash was as they say in the credit card ads, priceless. Especially when he refused it.