PDA

View Full Version : CPT Ian Woods Inflight PA

PPRuNeUser0198
27th Jul 2012, 10:51
Can be found here (http://media.heraldsun.com.au/network-sport/london-olympics/audio/Memo.mp3).

Keg
27th Jul 2012, 11:11
Nice touch.

...still single
27th Jul 2012, 18:09
Good show!
I like it when Qantas is Australian.

higherplane
27th Jul 2012, 22:22
Gee that wasn't staged by Qantas PR

hiwaytohell
28th Jul 2012, 05:36
Qantas on its day can be the best airline in the world!

mcgrath50
28th Jul 2012, 06:07

Much better PR/advertising than the :mad: advert going around at the moment!

ButFli
28th Jul 2012, 06:32
Surely it's not even real?

The Baron
28th Jul 2012, 06:55
The ABC reported on this mornings 0745 news that there was a betting plunge on Lauren Jackson carrying the flag in the days before it was announced. They also mentioned that the way Ms Jackson's parents found out was from "a Qantas pilot" and they had been quite surprised by this. Now the subject of an investigation by the relevant authorities...

Captain Gidday
28th Jul 2012, 07:02
See. It only takes about 7 posts on a Qantas subject, even a good news subject, and then it goes pear shaped.
Shame on anyone who feels they need to bet on who carries the national flag and shame on anyone who makes a market for it. Get back to the greyhounds, you wallies.

TIMA9X
28th Jul 2012, 07:41
See. It only takes about 7 posts on a Qantas subject, even a good news subject, and then it goes pear shaped.As Keg said, the PA was a nice touch and very typical of what made Qantas feel Australian.. over the years, I have heard PAs similar to this, major cricket updates etc which always made the "Aussies on board" feel at home instantly and always appeared to be greatly appreciated... something that should never be lost..

Onya CPT Woods..:D

Eastwest Loco
28th Jul 2012, 15:23
Just damned classy.

A great effort for a good reason.

EWL

parabellum
29th Jul 2012, 05:24
When Lauren Jackson was interviewed in London after the official announcement, she said her parents didn't yet know as they were on their way over at that time but, "QANTAS have arranged to tell them during the flight" - Why any need for an investigation?

ChrisJ800
29th Jul 2012, 06:24
Thanks for the sound link. A great moment in time and thanks to the interweb we can all feel part of it. ! And well done to the womens relay team for getting our first gold:ok::D

Transition Layer
29th Jul 2012, 06:33
higherplane

In what way? The crew would have received an ACARS or perhaps a Satcom call advising them of the announcement and the fact her parents were on board. Someone (pax or crew) would have recorded the PA (it seems there is always has a phone handy these days!) and passed it onto the media.

Nice to have something positive about QF in the news.

maggot
29th Jul 2012, 10:06
Heheheh, Ian woods in a Qf publicity stunt? :D you twit

PPRuNeUser0198
29th Jul 2012, 11:17
Surely it's not even real?

Inflight

ButFli
30th Jul 2012, 07:57
That doesn't show it's real. I'm not denying that the recording exists or that the recording was made available by Qantas.

I'm saying it doesn't sound like a recording of an actual PA made on an actual aircraft that was actually in revenue service. It certainly is not recorded by someone who "had a phone handy". There is no background noise, no whirring engines, no reaction from the passengers. To me it sounds like something that was recorded in a studio and had a filter put on it to make it sound vaguely like a PA.

Transition Layer
30th Jul 2012, 08:19
ButFli

Hahaha!

As a previous poster was alluding to, if you knew who Ian Woods is, you'd know it wasn't a publicity stunt or a set-up. :}

piston broke again
30th Jul 2012, 12:58
Yes but T-vasis is a troll as everyone knows anyway!

Cactusjack
30th Jul 2012, 13:01
Jeez she is a tall unit? Anybody know how tall she is?

maliyahsdad2
30th Jul 2012, 13:43
Forward/Centre Born 11 May 1981 (age 31)
Albury, New South Wales, Australia Nationality Australian Height 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)

Lauren Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Jackson)

amos2
3rd Aug 2012, 10:21
Aw shucks!...I got goose bumps just reading 'bout this. :D:D:D

arkmark
4th Aug 2012, 14:00
Really ?

Olympics being forced down my throat by the airline now ..... Qantas trying to become like Virgin used to be. If Virgin still did that kind of announcement regularly I wouldn't be their client today.

Not every Australian likes sport, and so that sort of announcement just sounds tacky and contrived.

Sorry.

Keg
5th Aug 2012, 02:48
Qantas is an official partner of the Australian Olympic team. Lauren Jackson is a Qantas Ambassador (whatever the heck that means). I don't think it's particularly over the top for that announcement being made on a flight to London when the athlete's parents are on board. :ugh:

ALAEA Fed Sec
5th Aug 2012, 03:12
Qantas is an official partner of the Australian Olympic team.

Maybe this has something to do with their results.

Lookleft
5th Aug 2012, 07:24
Certainly didn't do Ansett any good being the official Olympic partner. Maybe history is about to repeat itself?

Capt Kremin
5th Aug 2012, 09:15
Contrived?..... I very much doubt Qantas knew about who the flag carrier would be before the rest of Australia did.