PDA

View Full Version : Breaking into corporate

mauntown08
26th Jul 2012, 15:23
Hello all

I am trying to break into corporate aviation in the UK. I have 2500 TT, and about 900 hours twin, no jet time. I've worked in Africa, and am currently in the Caribbean flying high end charters, albeit on Islanders.

Living abroad means knocking on doors is not feasible, and making contacts is difficult. That said, what are the chances of someone with this experience actually coming right with a job? I understand no one has a crystal ball, but I'm just trying to ascertain what my next step should be.

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

MT

bizjet inmate
27th Jul 2012, 08:43
Sounds familiar.......12 years ago in same situation.....and flew for Mustique Airways on the Aero Commander. Been on biz jets now in south UK for 11 years.......only way to get in I am afraid is to be in Europe, bang on doors, meet people, and of course alot of luck......no easy task, but I got there.....eventually.....Good Luck

Flying Mechanic
27th Jul 2012, 11:50
i was in the Turks and Caicos islands 8 years ago in the same position, i got a job a job on Beech 1900 in Middle east.....take any job to get out of the islands, that way you are back in the running for corporate/airline jobs. I went airline after the 1900 job, then 2 years ago i went corporate. A lot my mates on the 1900 in Dubai have got corporate jobs in the middle east....easy to knock on doors in the middle east!!Good luck.

M-ONGO
27th Jul 2012, 14:42
I'll swap you my Southern European Bizjet for a Caribbean gig! How do visas work there?

mauntown08
27th Jul 2012, 23:28
I will take that swap!! Visas depend on what passport you have, but seems fairly easy to sort out. :ok: