PDA

View Full Version : Deisel 8's

sf mov
4th Apr 2002, 07:46
Any one know if African Intl Airways are still flogging their deisel 8's around with the onset of new noise regs ??

Caribou 2
8th Apr 2002, 18:57
Saw one in NBO recently. Have heard they will retrun to Manzini Swaziland to ply the regional routes in Africa alongside other no obsolete but still perfectly good 8's...............Alan Stocks and Bernard Kay have been retiring for years but I think they are just to good at what they do.

before landing check list
13th Apr 2002, 04:23
But do they need 61,63, 63 series FE's?

outoftrimagain
14th Apr 2002, 21:32
jep, for FE's it might be a good moment.

BRISTOLRE
15th Apr 2002, 09:20
3DAFR AND 3DADV TEMPORARILY KICKED OUT OF EUROPE DUE TO STAGE III REGS & HUSHKITS. THEY ARE DOWN IN AFRICA RIGHT NOW FLYING DOMESTICALLY AND WILLDUE SO UNLESS THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT OVERTURN AN APPEAL. IT APPEARS THEY MIGHT HAVE BEEN GIVEN A SPECIAL DISPENSATION !!

IT IS EXPECTED THAT THIS WEEK A DC8-62, EX-CK IS DUE TO COME ON LINE EX-MANSTON, STILL N-reg BUT STAGEIII COMPLIANT.

THE 62/63F SEEMS THE OPTIONAL WAY TO PROGRESS NOW.

MK HAS JUST TAKEN AN EX-CK MACHINE ALSO AND IS FLYING THIS ON EUROPEAN ROUTES.

MR S MR K "WILL" CONTINUE TO MAKE A BUCK OR TWO:rolleyes:

Kabullet
18th Apr 2002, 13:48
Have heard that they will have the 8's and crew South African reg'd. Figures they will fly around Africa and anywhere schedule 2 is still allowed with the remaining -55f's, and use the -62f for Europe etc...

Will watch with interest.

CR2
18th Apr 2002, 13:51
BRISTOLRE

Writing in capital letters is equivalent of shouting, and is not done on this site (unless you are shouting of course ;) )

BRISTOLRE
19th Apr 2002, 09:37
Sorry,
I'LL STOP SHOUTING !

Any news on these TF-reg freigters from another spread? I havent seen anything fundamental about these
rgds

ifonly
19th Apr 2002, 18:59
The DC8 has already operated out of MSE this week on a South African reg.