PDA

View Full Version : Kaya Airlines, Mozambique

chulmleigh
25th Jul 2012, 11:46
Hi. Could anyone supply any info on the above Company please. Also any advice on flying / living in Mozambique itself would be appreciated. Thanks.

reinbobber
28th Jul 2012, 17:59
Like in many African countries operators are pretty much self regulated. IACM (Moz Dept of Civil Av) relies on a blizzard of paperwork to mask their lack of knowledge. Several years ago the EU blacklisted Moz certificate holders due to IACM dysfunction. Apparently ICAO cleared IACM but the ban remained. Good luck getting certified/ validated to fly Moz registered aircraft. I've been working on it for over two years with no luck(and I have or 18 yrs flying in Moz). If you have connections I'm sure you get get a validation/conversion.

Cost of living is rising due to the boom economy(mostly due to mineral exploration and development).

Anything else you'd like to know feel free to PM me.

kotakota
29th Jul 2012, 14:31
I am pretty sure Kaya means small hut in Malawi , normally with a longdrop in it !

The Ancient Geek
29th Jul 2012, 20:49
A Kaya is any hut, usually residential.
A Pikanin Kaya is a small hut, usually above a hole in the ground, and usually referred to as the PK.

In Zambia you could get locked up for referring to president Kaunda as "PK". :E

gerrie123
11th Aug 2012, 13:57
Saw one E120 reg C9-AUU.

TOFFAIR
14th Aug 2012, 15:33
Friend of mine gave Lam guys SIM instruction on the E190, he urged me neve ever to get onboard with them! :}

Ted T. Beefcake
2nd May 2016, 15:29
Hi everyone, does anyone know if Kaya is indeed looking to add A320s as per their 'revised' webpage? http://www.kayaairlines.com/

Thanks in advance