PDA

View Full Version : Printing size

boofhead
25th Jul 2012, 03:41
If I print using Word the size of the printed page is normal. If I print anything off a web page, it is compressed to about 25 percent of the normal size. I am using IE and firefox.
Has anyone experienced this and know of a fix?

srobarts
25th Jul 2012, 06:42
Have you checked the Page Setup in Firefox ( I don't use IE) as well as the options for the printer itself? I had a similar problem a while back and found it was in Firefox.

Milo Minderbinder
25th Jul 2012, 14:18
usually due to third party software running in the browser, probably Epson or HP toolbar or print utility

few web pages are designed to print A4, you usually find the side is cropped. As a result some of the printer companies provide browser plugins which automatically resize the job to the paper size.
All you can do is see what software is running within the browser, check the brower scale settings, and also check in the actual printer setting as to whether you have a "scale to fit" or "shrink to fit" setting enabled

Its worth pointing out that IE is more of a pain than Mozilla when printing web pages: Mozilla sometimes rescales pages and fonts itself, IE never does

boofhead
27th Jul 2012, 04:43
Thanks it was the Firefox setup.