PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help(how to find job for a technician)

hiroka
23rd Jul 2012, 21:59
Hi all!

I created a new thread for my special(?) problem.

So firs of all i want to say sorry coz my written english is not the best ...(i will improve it..):rolleyes:

So, I did an avionics school (it contained 2years of theorical trainin @school and 2 years of practical trainin @Lufthansa)
I also won a schoolarship into Finland for a month to learn avioncs things...

My first problem is the following:
- Lufthansa isn't hiring people, so we don't have opportunity to get the B2 license in Hungary
-Our school is not Part-147 approved\certificated, so we need 3 years of experience(from a part-145 MRO) to get B2 license
- and we have to do Human Factors and aviation legislation modules by ourself to be able to get the B2

I don't really know how to start my carrier, maybe we're having opportunity, to get EWIS,HF, FTS2 by ourself (ofc for money)
and maybe we need to search for fitter jobs in the first times... but after that ?

I don't know what\and how to do... and i really wanna work in the aviation industry, i liked the well spent trainin times@Lufthansa as an avionics student...:D

Guys, please give me some advice to solve my problem :ok:

flame_bringer
24th Jul 2012, 18:48
This is the most difficult part, Finding the first job as a fitter to get a foot in the door, I know many people who spent a lot of money to do thier 147 courses hoping to become engineers and eventually ended up either shifting to another industry or jobless and that is why I don't recommend the 147 path to anyone wishing to join this industry at this time, I always recommend the 145 route (aka find a fitter job before doing the modules)because you will be earning money and secure a job, Since you finished your course already and are amid the swamp there is not much that you can do about it now, You should of sought advice before considering to enrol at this program, The only thing I can adviceyou now is make a nice CV and forward it to as many airlines and MROs as possible you may find someone willing to hire unexperienced folks.
The industry is in a huge down turn at the moment and airlines will never bother to develop thier own engineers out of unexperienced folks and rather hire someone who's already experienced, And it's very difficult to get a technician job aswell if you don't fit the experience mould (most airlines typically look for 5 years+ experienced technicians),
Good luck

hiroka
26th Jul 2012, 21:09
First of all THX for the reply!

But we're suffering from different kind of problems:
1. our school is not Part-147 certificated, so we need atleast 3 years of experience to get the B2 license
2. In Hungary we're having only 2 MRO's and they're not hiring but the easiest way is to get job there and in 3 years obtain a B2 license

Do you think the default fitter way is good to obtain the B2 ?Will I get the stamps which are needed for the B2 ?
or if I get a job as a fitter it won't help to get the B2 coz my experience is comming from fitting not from avionic experience...

BTW i will have paper like this

http://www.kephost.com/images4/2012/7/26/tpcy1mxeer37r5mphwpj.jpg
do you think is it good for anything to start ?
for fitting i have to the EWIS\HF\FTS

aviofreek
26th Jul 2012, 23:57
Hi Hiroka,

The answer to your problems can be put in one word: CONNECTIONS.

For a guy fresh outta training (and getting screwed by Lufthansa by not being offered a contract) it's quite difficult to get a full time job with this ****ty economy. Not to mention a contract (where you're expected to be experienced and up for any task). If you know a person high in a hierarchy however, odds swiftly move to your favour...

Otherwise you'll have to be patient with it. Things to try:

1. aviationjobsearch.com - Open an account there and upload a CV (do make yourself a PROPER CV. Go to Europass: Curriculum Vitae (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae) and save/print it out at the end

2. Check aviationjobsearch.com DAILY for new jobs posted. When you find something, get a contact from there and call the recruiting agency. Introduce yourself (do not go overboard, less is more, don't kill them with your details - they don't care). Tell them you saw an ad for a job, who you are and that you are interested (in that order). After that ask them for their direct email so you can send your CV and other documents. Most of the time they will ask you about your experience, knowledge and background and straight away tell you if you're suited for the job.

3. Check other Lufthansa facilities (Malta especially). Call people, ask for direct emails, email your documents

4. CALL PEOPLE!!!!! If you send an email only, it will get lost in someone's inbox. They need to hear you, you need to be a real person looking for job, not just an "Unread mail" in someone's Recycle bin...

5. A lot of people on this forum bitch and moan for not being able to get a job. Most of those people either forgot or didn't know in a first place that aviation is international activity. There's no countries or boundaries. A lot of times no families or anything... Just jobs. And they come and go here and there every now and again. If you wanna do this job you will have to travel. And most of the times it's not a vacation either....

6. CALL PEOPLE!!!

flame_bringer
27th Jul 2012, 05:47
Do you think the default fitter way is good to obtain the B2 ?Will I get the stamps which are needed for the B2 ?
or if I get a job as a fitter it won't help to get the B2 coz my experience is comming from fitting not from avionic experience...

When we say fitter we mean an avionic technician who will assist the B2 engineer in his tasks and does the fitter jobs with his tools, Of course this experience counts or what do you think:ugh:.

hiroka
27th Jul 2012, 11:49
aviofreek: i'm thinking internationally cos in Hungary we're only having little opportunities and those opportunities aren't in the Big plane are...
if somebody gets a job at a small airport he\she can earn maximum 500-600$\month and that's only enough for the food... :\

flame_bringer: okay, but most of the fitter jobs are for the mechanics not for avionics...
and we also have to fill out a paper like this > http://www.nkh.hu/Repules/letolthetonyomt/letlthet%20nyomtatvnyok/EASA%20Form%2019_B%20%E2%80%93%20Gyakorlati%20tapasztalati%2 0igazol%C3%A1s.pdf

aviofreek
28th Jul 2012, 07:57
Hiroka,

No offense intended, but right now your biggest concern shouldn't be the money. You're fresh outta training and need experience - any experience.I understand what you're saying, as I was in the same sh.t, but that's the way aviation is... Besides, ANY aviation maintenance experience will count towards your license. And if your country is as screwed up as mine is (just south of your border ;) ) you can always take your EASA B2 modules certs and apply for a license in another EASA member state.

Also, same way money shouldn't be your main concern, neither should be your license. Hardly anyone would hire you (for a contract) even if you had your license now. They are always looking for people with a few years of experience at least.

So, get your toolbox and see you at the airfield!

newhorizon
28th Jul 2012, 10:21
How good is England for finding jobs in this Field?

DC-6B
28th Jul 2012, 15:10
Hiroka

If you would also consider working on smaller turbine aircraft to get some experience, PM me...

Regards

hiroka
28th Jul 2012, 22:37
The biggest problem with small are is the following>most of the MRO's aren't Part-145 certificated, so i ****#d up with that are(atleast in Hungary)...

My friends @lufthansa said, you should find a fitter job, and please don't try\start any kind of work @smaller plane are in Hungary that area isn't good for your health.
I don't see what's going on @the small plane area but i'm sure he said the previous thing for me for a reason...
I don't care the money if i can buy my food from it in the first times, but from 500-600$\month sadly you can't make your life....:sad:(accomodation, food etc...)