PDA

View Full Version : Qantaslink-Sunstate Airlines - I got it !!!!!

cabinboy
4th Apr 2002, 01:48
Hi everyone,

Due to privacy reason I haven't kept you up to date with my latest updates regarding my Qantaslink-Sunstate interviews.

Well after the medical and security check I had my final interview ( 3rd interview ) today and right there and then in the interview room got offered a position ! I start on the 29 April !

For those of you who have supported me since joining pprune in 1998 thank-you for all of your kind emails, phone calls and support - especially you Mr Seatback, Cloud 9,Smile and Tarantella - and anyone else I forgot ! I never thought this day would come. I was due to leave Australia on 24 April bound for Europe but now I'm cancelling and having to resign from my current position with QF tomorrow !! Sunstate here I come !

Thanks everyone, bring on the alcoholic drinks !!!

*** Cabinboy ***

P.S - Can I seriously walk out of the interview room crying with tears of disbelief !!

nickmelb
4th Apr 2002, 01:51
Cabinboy!!

WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Well done tiger!!!

All the best! You deserve it!!

nick
:)

skypryncess
4th Apr 2002, 01:51
Congratulations Cabin Boy! If your looking to get rid of your tickets.....

smile
4th Apr 2002, 01:59
:D Well done Cabinboy, whens the celebratory party?? I expect an invite!!

Now down to business-- how do I take over your old job at QF??

cabinboy
4th Apr 2002, 02:00
hehe, hi skyprincess !!........I have a very unhappy travel companion at present !! ( happy for me but unhappy that there not going to europe !) Maybe I could offer you a free ticket to Europe in exchange for some Dash 8 stories !!

cloud nine
4th Apr 2002, 02:10
Dearest Cabinboy,

No longer a "wannabe" !!!!!

Now the real fun begins!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you would do it all along!!!!!!

Your great news has made my day!

flightbunny
4th Apr 2002, 02:43
:) congratulations... wish i was so lucky..

FloatJockey
4th Apr 2002, 04:53
Hey C.B., you disappeared for quite a while!

Good luck and keep us updated! Gossips always welcomed!

Ciao.

Mrs. FloatJockey

dreams
4th Apr 2002, 06:48
Congrats cabinboy, u deserve it soooo much, i am soooo happy for you!!!
Keep us upto date with everything ok!!!!

Iguanahead
4th Apr 2002, 09:15
Congratulations Cabinboy!

Enjoy your new career and remember every day how hard you worked to get where you are. The job is only as hard as you make it.

The skies will be a happier place with you in it.:D

Cart_tart
4th Apr 2002, 10:47
YEAAAAAHHHHHHH :D :D :D :D

You finally made it!! I'm so excited for you! Persistance pays off huh!!!???!!!

I heard a rumour today that Sunnies is going to become one with mainline.....now wouldn't that just be the best for you?

Where are you going to be based?

Congrats so many times over!

Luv CT
:D

Santa'sLittleHelper
4th Apr 2002, 11:07
CONGRATULATIONS

Santa'sLittleHelper
4th Apr 2002, 11:08
CONGRATULATIONS

I'm so very happy for you Cabin Boy this is great news...So when do we celebrate.

Santa'sLittleHelper
4th Apr 2002, 11:16
I'm so happy for you I'm having my own colour - net party

Good things come to those who wait.

You'll love it at Sunnies they're a great bunch of guys and girls.

Look forward to hearing from you very soon once again wonderful news.

Wirraway
4th Apr 2002, 15:03
It's about time too Cabin Boy, after following your posts on this
and other F/A forums for the past few years, even I was starting to worry when you would get a break.

Congratulations and fly safe.

Wirraway

ditzyboy
4th Apr 2002, 22:15
CONGRATULATIONS CABIN BOY :-)

It feels good, doesn't it!?

Oh, I am glad cart_tart backed up my point about sectors that are always horrible... I give you a month into flying before we see the "I can't stand the XXX runs coz the pax ......." stories on here. Let me just say now "I told you so...." :-) Have fun flying!

Mr Seatback 2
5th Apr 2002, 06:15
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE E!!!

SQUEALS OF DELIGHT! TEARS OF JOY! WETTING OF PANTS!

YOU DID IT! I KNEW YOU WOULD - BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME DID YOU!

RIGHT - WHERE'S THE BEST BAR IN BRISBANE FOR A ***DASH 8 HOSTESS*** TO ATTEND???

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

kjay
5th Apr 2002, 10:02
well done cabinboy must be a fantastic feeling to finally get there.
Im really exicted for you.
Happy flying.:D

Tarantella
7th Apr 2002, 08:23
Congratulations CB!
I'm so pleased for you (and proud of you;))
Its wonderful to have more enthusiastic and interested people join our ranks.
I'm in BNE all this week - so email me if you've time to catch up.

(edited due to jetlagged typing)

redsnail
8th Apr 2002, 17:46
Onya Cabinboy,
I have been watching your progress for ages. Well done and enjoy. :D

Hi Tarantella, long time no see. I am freezing my butt off in the UK. Soon I'll have something good to post. :cool:

Xenia
8th Apr 2002, 18:44
Congratulations CB :)
Happy landings

flapsforty
8th Apr 2002, 18:47
Congratulations Cabinboy!!
Been following your attempts and am very happy to see you being rewarded with your dream job. :)
Welcome to Professional Aviation, may your patience with the pax be as endless as your persistence. ;)

cabinboy
11th Apr 2002, 05:15
thanks alot for the kind words everyone, and for those of you who have been following my progress - thank-you. It's good to know you've been there along the way ! I'm now currently enjoying 2 weeks off of relaxtion before I starting training....and it's a good chance to "detox" after the celebrations...hehe

With all this talk of Southern Airlines dissapearing, I'm now getting nervous when I here all this talk of Eastern and Sunstate being next, anyone else heard anything ?

CB