PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment III

Pages : [1] 2

TightSlot
23rd Jul 2012, 08:50
Discussion thread for Wannabes - Please note and remember the following points.

The use of Text Speak is not permitted. Non-compliance will result in an immediate and permanent ban
A high standard of English Language is required. Non-compliance will result in an immediate and permanent ban
A high standard of English Grammar is required. Non-compliance will result in an immediate and permanent ban

PPRuNe and specifically this Forum are NOT, repeat NOT Social Networks (Facebook IS an example of a social network, as are MySpace and Google Plus+).

PPRuNe is intended for use by Airline employees seeking to exchange useful information and this forum exists for Wannabes to do the same.

PPRuNe is NOT intended for the exchange of excited chatter, expressions of goodwill and hope, messages about Private Messages or any of the other rubbish that has recently been polluting these threads.

These threads are a source of valuable information to those applying for jobs: Forcing others to have to wade through pointless and idle chatter relevant to only those involved to get at the necessary information is unfair, and a selfish act by those involved. Non-compliance will result in an immediate and permanent ban

flightgirl_
23rd Jul 2012, 11:26
Hi there,

Has anyone been to the Virgin Australia Domestic Cabin crew assesment day recently like in the passed week or so I know they have been holding them in Sydney and I was just wondering if there was any hints or tips of what happends in them!

Thank you so much, any tips or anything at all from anyone would be greatly appreciated!!

flyboi80
24th Jul 2012, 04:46
I went to the assessment day last week. It starts off as an information session on the company and the role. Then there was 1 on 1 interviews that lasted for a about 10-15 minutes. Was very relaxed. They just wanted to gauge your motivation for applying for the role.

poppyseed
26th Jul 2012, 07:36
Does anybody know when Virgin will be starting to recruit again for Cabin Crew?

flyboi80
27th Jul 2012, 12:16
Hey there, I posted above what my experience was last week. It seems the same recruiters travel the country. From my experience as long as you smile, have a clear idea why you want to work for virgin, what the actual role of a crew member is you will be fine. They want to hear that your excited to work for them.

bubblyguy
30th Jul 2012, 08:36
There is currently massive recruitment taking place in Perth.

Good luck to those going through the Recruitment Day this week.

For those looking for Brisbane base sadly I don't think you will see anything for a very long time.

Shelbs
30th Jul 2012, 11:45
I'm attending an assessment day in Perth on Wednesday - I'm getting a little nervous as last time was not my finest interview!! Can anybody give me a more detailed run down of the day? Last time we had to read an announcement in front of everybody then had a brief individual problem to solve then they cut so never got an interview as such. Is it the same format? Or as previous post its just the company profile then interview?? What are virgin looking for those who are outgoing or the quiter smilie types?

Ozzyflyer1990
31st Jul 2012, 12:05
hey everyone... Ive applied for Virgin this morning
I currently work on the A380 and been short haul prior for just over 2 years does this give an advantage? I just really want to work for Virgin Australia!
When should i hear? What is the flying like out of perth? and what is deal with base transfers and pay structure?

Kind Regards

bubblyguy
31st Jul 2012, 13:51
Shelbs,

From what I know it is different and scenario based.

Ozzyflyer1990,

Sounds like you have some great experience. I am sure it will give you an advantage in the earlier stages of the selection process.

The flying out of Perth is Phuket, Bali, Cocos Keeling Islands, Christmas Island and all over Australia domestic. Base transfers to Melbourne or Sydney would be possible after a year (Brisbane very little chance). Pay is going through EBA soon but you can find the EBA that is currently in action online through Fair Work Australia.

Jjcabin
3rd Aug 2012, 10:10
TEXT SPEAK

Princess Noddy
6th Aug 2012, 09:08
Hi
Can anyone throw light on the constant rumours Virgin will be opening an ADL Flight Attendant base please??

Lots of ADL MAM Casuals would like permanent roles.

Thank you

marymary
8th Aug 2012, 06:28
I went to Virgin Australia AD on thursday at Perth. Has anyone heard back from them at all? I have gotten upto the online assessment stage and waiting to get my results. Is anyone on this stage at all?

Does anyone know how long it takes for you to get your online assessment results?

marymary
8th Aug 2012, 11:52
Ozzyflyer1990,

I think it's a minimum of 9 months before you can transfer base.

Apparently to be able to transfer base, someone from the base you want is also willing to transfer to your base, that way you both are swapping. That's what I was told.

Shelbs
9th Aug 2012, 11:40
Marymary
Can you give me an idea what to expect as I'm attending an AD next Wednesday in Perth. I'm lucky as I withdrew from the other as I took another job but had second thoughts and now I get a random e-mail to attend another AD. Just would like to prepare myself so any information would be very helpful. ;)

nbailey073
10th Aug 2012, 04:41
Hey guys, I start ground school next Monday, feeling a little nervous. What should I expect on my first day and is there any specific items I'll be needing?

Princess Noddy
10th Aug 2012, 07:57
Hi
Does anyone know if Virgin are opening an Adelaide Flight Attendant base?

marymary
10th Aug 2012, 10:36
Shelbs, it starts off with them discussing about the company. Then they have a one on one interview, then they decide who makes it through. At my AD, only less than half made it through. After the unsuccessful people leave, they gave us group activities and that was it for the day. If you're successful, you receive an email in a week or two, with a link to the online assessment. If you pass that online assessment you move on to reference checks (: which is where I am at right now (:

Good luck on your assessment day!

nbailey073 what base are you going for ? How long ago did you have an AD?

Surfer2110
11th Aug 2012, 10:47
Hi!
Just wondering if anyone attended Any of the sydney AD's at the end of July?? They said we would hear within 3-7 days and it's now been over 2 weeks.. Do we hear either way does anyone know? When I log in to the website my progress still just says "assessment day invite accepted"
Thanks!

meoverhere
13th Aug 2012, 02:31
Can anyone please tell me, if you are on a waitlist for a position, what does it say on you application on the careers website? I was told my application had been waitlisted because I had a holiday to attend but on the 'current status' it says 'ineligible'. Can anyone tell me what this means? Is anyone else on a waitlist here and if so, what does your application status say? Thank you.

Mick Strigg
13th Aug 2012, 15:23
Do you need a Australian passport to work for Virgin Australia, or will a UK passport plus visa suffice?

Shelbs
16th Aug 2012, 05:24
I've just had a read of current virgin agreement. I've seen the pay is level based does anybody know if levels are the sames as years like other airlines? And the overnight allowance is that per day your away? Been sick so didn't attend the recruitment day declined so am waiting to see if I get invite to the next lot? Exciting times ahead I hear. Do Perth crew get trained on the A330? What Aircraft types do they operate from Perth these days -so much has changed within virgin:)

marymary
16th Aug 2012, 06:43
Shelbs I know that when you start training with Virgin you start on the little Imbraer e-jets and Boeings. I heard that you don't do Airbuses until 6 months into the job.

How did your assessment day go ? I just did my medicals today and I'm just waiting for my golden call (:

kkmm
16th Aug 2012, 15:18
how strict are v australia on tattoos? I got tattoos while i was working at my previous airline and always managed to keep them covered in my uniform but i am wondering weather it would be an issue applying for another airline and weather they do an initial grooming check?

Bees
16th Aug 2012, 23:46
TEXT SPEAK

Bec85
22nd Aug 2012, 19:43
Hello Everyone,

I attended a AD in Brisbane, early June this year, I heard back from them a month later in July to do online assessment, which I am confident I passed. It has been another month and still no reply?

Has anyone else on this forum attended the Brisbane AD in June, and does anyone know if you don't make it through, do you still receive an email stating that you haven't been accepted?

I am starting to worry.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou!

regional_flyer
30th Aug 2012, 04:22
Hi Bec, generally if you got past the AD you will hear back regardless of if you were successful or not. There are a couple girls that used to work at the airline I currently fly for, that have since gone to Virgin, who waited quite a while (in one case, around 4 months) after the AD before they got offered the position. If you've done the online assessment it is more than likely good news - hang in there, and good luck!

Dicko17
1st Sep 2012, 12:34
I started the online assesment yesterday but my internet crashed half way through so i had to call them to have it reset... it says we have 72 hours to do it... do you think that means that in 72 hours we will get another update?? from what i did its quite a different kind of test, not something you can study for... im just not sure if they are wanting us to get it all right or if they are just testing how we learn/perceive things??

Tashopeful
4th Sep 2012, 23:00
Does anybody know if Virgin are planning any upcoming Assessment Days in Melbourne?

I have had my application "under review" since the beginning of July, and there just seems to be a lack of movement at the moment.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

veronica1
8th Sep 2012, 07:04
Hi marymary,

Just wondering what are some of the group activities like? I heard that they people read out in-flight announcements? Thank you!

marymary
18th Sep 2012, 06:35
Hi Veronica1, we didn't have to do in-flight announcements. virgin Australia has mostly prerecorded announcements and any other announcements are made either by the Captain/cabin supervisor, we had a one on one with the interviewer and then we did group activities.

AAA1, I'm currently in ground school and they told me that there are basically no more ground schools going for the next 6 months with virgin. That was from my LCC(leader cabin crew) who is in charge of all cabin crew for Perth.

CC Domestic
9th Oct 2012, 00:26
Jimboboy - the annual salary includes your base salary, grooming & uniform allowance and misc expenses allowance:

Total Annual Salary:

Cabin Crew Trainee: $32,490
Cabin Crew Level 1: $38,075

There's also an overnight allowance for when you have a layover of $108 and daily overtime allowances.

Hope that helps.

The salaries may change once they negotiate a new Enterprise Agreement as it expires in February next year.

Aiminghigh29
9th Oct 2012, 05:43
Hi marymary, I just wanted to ask - was it that you heard there were no more ground schools for 6 months for Perth only or other bases as well? I'm just waiting for the call for the medical once they have a ground school date for Sydney base. Have been waiting 6 weeks so far - the wait is killing me! Thanks in advance.

newsgirl
15th Oct 2012, 04:07
Hi Aiminghigh29,

I was told at the Sydney AD in August they were looking at having ground schools in Oct or Nov. My referees are still waiting for Virgin to call them, then hopefully I can go to the medical.

The wait is killing me. Does anyone else know of any GS dates? and/or what is expected in the medical?

marymary
15th Oct 2012, 12:31
Hey Aiminghigh29,

She said all ground schools in all bases are cancelled for the next 6 months, there were many for Perth during august and September and there was a Sydney ground school that started mid September. However, she said it can always change they might decide to start ground schools again.
Don't lose hope (:

Globe_Glam
23rd Oct 2012, 17:41
Does anybody know when, or if VA will need to start recruiting International CC. I've been waiting for a campaign for almost 6 months, was invited to the PER open day, but don't fancy flying domestic anytime soon.

Any news?? xx

Angel8619
30th Oct 2012, 03:34
Hi Guys,

I was just reading through the thread and saw that a few people mentioned that ground schools were cancelled for 6 months in Perth? Does anyone know when that was announced? So will they resume around jan/feb next year?

I attended an Open day in Perth at the start of October and since have done the online assesment and now just waiting to hear back about the next stage. So im guessing that because its nearly the end of the year, if im successful I wont be starting training until next year.

Can anyone help to answer some of my questions? Thanks :)

girljak
3rd Nov 2012, 05:18
I would love to know how many they are looking for, for next year. I currently am a FA for a regional carrier - but my dream has always to work at VA and hopefully do domestic flying. Looking at VA it will offer everything , regional, domestic and international out of Perth. :D

Jessie-gal
15th Nov 2012, 05:13
Hi everyone!

I am completely new to this but attended a VA assessment today in Brisbane... apparently you can't get a job domestically for at least another 6 to 12 months in Brisbane however there are 60 new jobs for their regional airline; as they have looking to purchase Skywest outright...
Perhaps they may call you for the regional sector and you can move your way up!
:)

Anthill
17th Nov 2012, 05:32
Jess, the plan is for the various business elements to be kept separate. If you are at Skywest, that's where you will stay for the forseeable future. Short Haul does some internatioanl routes like Bali and Phuket. Long Haul does the other stuff (LAX and Abu Dhabi). :)

Jessie-gal
18th Nov 2012, 03:36
Thanks Anthill - I see... I was a little confused as to why Virgin would be holding a recruitment day for a business that Virgin are planning to keep a separate entity, yet Virgin aren't hiring domestically for the next six to twelve months :) They did notify us that we (if successful) would be employed under Virgin with Virgin uniforms etc, but traveling on Skywest aircraft.

I am not with either company at the moment - I would LOVE to be; it's just I was trying to get my head around the whole recruitment process and as it seems; due to the popularity of people having to wait months to hear from Virgin, I will not be holding my breath.

Thanks again Anthill :)

highflyer-wannabe
17th Dec 2012, 09:23
Does anybody know if its possible to commute from ADL to MEL for VA short haul? Very interested in Applying if this is the case. Any info would be helpful :)

emz888
21st Dec 2012, 08:31
Hi,

I went to a Virgin Australia Assessment Day in November in Brisbane, and progressed to the online test, after a few weeks I was advised that I had progressed to the second stage of the interview process and would be notified in the following months.

Then received an email this week, inviting me to the second stage interview for Skywest cabin crew for Brisbane - on the 3rd Jan 2013.

Does anyone know what to expect in the second stage of a Virgin interview for Skywest? I'm thinking... its to meet the Team Leaders?? All thou the position is for Skywest, the email states that you will be employed by Virgin and represent them in the Virgin uniform.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.:)

Ready to fly
1st Jan 2013, 20:49
Has anyone been notified that they have progressed thru to the next stage of an interview with virgin and waiting for recruitment interview dates for Melbourne ?

Ready to fly
1st Jan 2013, 20:52
Has anyone heard when the next recruitment dates are for melbourne ?

Tashopeful
3rd Jan 2013, 10:08
Next week in Melbourne!

Ready to fly
8th Jan 2013, 22:27
Hi Tashopeful have you gone to or got an interview yet ? How's it going ?

newsgirl
9th Jan 2013, 03:36
Hey,
Does anyone know if Virgin has any upcoming ground schools in Sydney?
Thanks

Bangbang
9th Jan 2013, 04:07
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has heard back for Skywest/Virgin Australia Bne base? I know virgin usually give you the thanks but no thanks email but not sure if Skywest does the same? Thanks :)

wjc12
10th Jan 2013, 01:23
Hey Guys,

I did my medical assessment for Virgin on last Tuesday, Am waiting for the Final call hopefully today or tomorrow :) Super excited

If anyone has any questions please let me know :)

wjc12
10th Jan 2013, 01:29
Hi All,

I attendant my Virgin Medical assesment last Tuesday (Sydney Base) am waiting for that last final phone call today or tomorrow :)

If anyone has any questions regarding the recruitment process or evan the medical assessment please let me know.

A few of my friends are CC for virgin as well so i have a bit of insight into the role as well so ask away :)

Ready to fly
10th Jan 2013, 12:40
Hi got an email to say I'm thru to the online assessment . Is it a pshchometric one or ??? What did you have to do for 2nd interview and medical ?

wjc12
11th Jan 2013, 00:23
Hi Ready to fly

The online assessment is a psychometric one, I think the online assessment is different for everybody. Keep in mind i didn't complete every question and still got through.

I think they want to test your mental ability as well as thinking under pressure. Maybe having 1 or 2 people with you is a good idea. It helped me.

BTW, Virgin called today. I am officially in. I have my uniforms measured in the next couple of weeks

Goodluck!

wjc12
11th Jan 2013, 00:29
Hi Ready to fly

My 2nd Interview consisted of 5 people, we sat around a table. The assessors gave us a scenario and we have to (as a team) come up with solutions to this scenario and prepare it for the recruiters. They gave us no warning, and no tips. We were put on the spot and had to think logically and fast.

I think they want to look for ambition, and your team work. Sharing ideas and helping solve a problem fast and accurately. I kept telling myself to be confident and not let nerves get me when speaking. It was very competitive

I was on a 4 -5 month talent pool wait after that, they recently invited me to a medical assessment witch consists of

- Urine Test
- Hearing Test
- Eye Test
- Physical Examination
- Blood Pressure

It lasts for about 40 mins and virgin may contact you within 72 hours after the medical.

Hope this helps :)

Ready to fly
11th Jan 2013, 20:21
Thanks that is very helpful ! So the group session sounds very much like the initial interview round , did they then do a one on one ? Do you need to strip off for the medical and how did the hearing test get performed ? That worries me as I am down on hearing in one ear but it doesn't affect day to day hearing but have tested it before and it's high freq loss )): was there general knowledge in the online assessment I'll do mine later today as it needs to be done within 72 hrs of the email being sent out . Did you do 1st and 2nd interviews on different days ? How exciting for you to be in that's awesome , when do you start GS ?

gcgirl
11th Jan 2013, 20:51
Hi All
I attended my AD on Jan 9. Made it thru to the online assessment which i did last night, waiting on results now.

At the AD we had one on one interviews then we were split into groups and did the activities and problem solving activities you describe in your 2nd interview. Did you do these at your first as well?

What was the time frame between the 1st interview and the 2nd?

Thanks

wjc12
11th Jan 2013, 23:05
They only did a 1 on 1 with me at my first AD, my Second AD was simply that problem solving activity, the interview when for like 20mins max and it was simply that activity we had to do. When we were finished they just said "thanks we will be in contact with you if you are succesfull"
They wanted to see how each individual was in a team excersise. Use initiative if you have a similar activity, they want to see enthusiasm and people who arnt shy or reserved to say something. all in all it actualy alot of fun.

The hearing test is a beep test with headphones, as long as your hearing in a general range it should be alright, im bad with high frequency also. I nearly failed my eye test but they re examined it and i was fine

You need to take your shirt and socks off for the physical, they check your abdomin and ask if you have any pain in any areas, they do a few bending excersies and balance excersises. Very minor stuff, simple.

It was about 2 weeks between my 1st & 2nd AD, in-between them i did my online test. The long wait is usually when you make it past the 2nd AD - Medical.. Once they call you for your medical your pretty much in.

Online test isnt general knowledge, theirs riddles and logic questions

Astara
12th Jan 2013, 18:08
Hi Wjc12, Congrats on your new role!

I'm currently going through recruitment with VA right now, and successfully passed the 2nd Round Interview in mid-November, and was told they would conduct my reference checks within a week. After waiting 2 months none of my referees have received a call (though a recruiter made at least one attempt in December but failed to reach my referee at that time).

How long after your 2nd round interview did you receive your next confirmation email confirming you were in the talent pool? I know 2 of the 4 who attended my 2nd AD have already completed their medicals as of December.

I'm SO eager to join Virgin, I absolutely adore the airline so I'm anxious to hear how my experience compares and how I may best assist the process so I can get in as fast as possible. I'm so ready to give Virgin my all! :)

Congrats again, I'm very happy for you!

wjc12
14th Jan 2013, 00:01
Hi Astara,

Congratulations for making it this far, Your halfway through the recruitment process and as far as i'm concerned if they have advised that they will be calling your references that's a really good sign.

I actually had a similar experience, one of my 2 references was unfortunately unreliable and failed to answer any of the virgin calls. I waited 4 weeks after virgin advised they would do reference checks, i am also aware that Virgin have a Pas & Fail contact policy, they will contact you Evan if you don't make it.

So i actually rang virgin head office myself and got in contact with the recruiting officer. They advised that they tried calling my reference a few times without any lucks. Anyway long story cut short Virgin eventually got in contact with my reference and i got through

In answer to your question, Virgin have thousands of applicants each time they recruit, if they try calling one of your references and they dont get through, you will be put straight to the bottom of the list.

My Advise would be to contact virgin, kindly enquire about your progress and ensure that your references are available 24/7.. If they arnt then you will be put at bottom of priority.

Ready to fly
14th Jan 2013, 11:14
It seems that Virgin have only recently changed the interview format and now do 1st initial screening and then 2nd round interviews on different days compared to them all being conducted on the same day in the past. So my question is...are the 2nd rounds just a 1 on 1 with the lead cabin crew and how long is the duration and what type of questions ???

wjc12
14th Jan 2013, 22:08
"are the 2nd rounds just a 1 on 1 with the lead cabin crew and how long is the duration and what type of questions ???"

The only 1 on 1 i had was at the first interview. The 1 on 1 was a quik 10 minute interview. They just wanted to get an idea about me and ask why they should pick me.

The 2nd interview was a group excersise, witch i explained above. I also thought their would be alot more 1 on 1's but their isnt. I think they want to see how you are in a group.

Astara
15th Jan 2013, 06:37
I can support wjc12's response - my experience recently was identical. All attending candidates remarked later how surprised they were that there was no one-on-one opportunity at the 2nd AD. Wjc12 - How long did you have to wait between getting your next confirmation after they completed ref checks to completing the medical? Again, after the medical, how long was it until you received your GS start date etc?

wjc12
15th Jan 2013, 22:01
Hi Astara,

My experience may be different to yours, as one of my references didn't answer any virgin calls, it was all delayed and i eventually rang virgin up to find out why it was taking so long.

So for me, It was about 3 or 4 months before they emailed me for the Medical. As they had put me in a "talent pool" as they don't recruit over Christmas.

When they ring for your medical, you usually have to do it asap.. so for me they rang me on a Thursday and i had my medical booked in for Monday. The quicker you do your medical the quicker you get through.. They will contact you usually 2 - 3 days after medical exam.

Sophia.mc.
17th Jan 2013, 04:55
Hey everyone! Can someone tell me how long you had to wait for virgin to get in contact with you regarding whether you got through to the referee stage? I just had my second interview and they said 2 weeks. today is bang on 2 weeks and i haven't heard anything!
any help would be great!
x

wjc12
21st Jan 2013, 22:40
HI Sophia.mc,

It could take a bit longer as they have 100's of referees to call, and usually they back logged from previous applicants. Virgin will advise if you are successful or unsuccessful. You will be notified either way.. So hang in their and good luck.

For everyone i found this video on you tube. a day in the life of a V Australia CC.. This makes me Evan more excited to start my GS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSqFZBx7PQ

PS: Who here made it to the Sydney GS 04/02?

Astara
23rd Jan 2013, 04:51
Hey Sophia,

Following from my 2nd AD - it took 5 days to receive the next confirmation email that I had progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process (i.e. reference checks). However, it took 7 weeks for the recruiter to call my referees.

Once they had called them all, I received the next confirmation email that same day saying I was now awaiting confirmation of a ground school start date; pending outcome of the medical. So right now I'm hoping for a placement to start GS soon!

So everybody's experience is different it seems. Don't give up hope, you will be notified either way on the outcome of your application.

mapsyd
27th Jan 2013, 02:29
Hi everyone. Well, a year has almost past and just received a call from Virgin to confirm that they would like to invite me to their next AD in Melbourne...no date has been set yet but the gentleman mentioned in a few weeks time.
Very exciting to be once again re-considered and wanting to give it another shot.
Questions to you all are:
1/ has the layout of the AD changed at all? last year was basically a meet and greet and a presentation, a wage was also mentioned, and lastly a lot of standing around awaiting your interview which lasted 10 minutes or so.

2/ when they mention that the wage id $XYZ is that take home or gross and if the latter how would you know what you will live on week to week?

3/ should one mingle a lot at these ADs or remain in small groups? last year I met some amazing people and we mostly stayed together chatting and so forth...could that have been a downfall?

4/ if one is carrying a tad small amount of weight will that be a deal breaker in the medical section (assuming I get that far)?

Thanks guys, look forward to some of your replies as always found them to be very valuable and so reassuring.
Cheers and thank you for your time.

ozstaff
2nd Feb 2013, 21:53
Hi All,

Can anyone please advise if there are any ongoing fees or charges charged by Virgin when you are an employee and is this deducted from your salary/weekly wage and shown on your pay slip?

mapsyd
6th Feb 2013, 10:04
Hi again. Just wondering if any of you can offer some advice on my second attempt with Virgin CC?

I have posted a few days ago and wonder about the process involved this year and so forth.

If any one knows when they will be conducting ADs in Melbourne would be great also as they have called me already but mentioned that I will be invited for sure as soon as they have a date.

Cheers all.:)

Kyr
11th Feb 2013, 10:30
Hey guys!

I just had my first day of ground school in Perth, so far it has been amazing.

Had my interviews a few weeks ago, got in really quickly and I was surprised.
First AD was a short group activity to see how you interacted and participated within a team. Then everybody got invited in for a quick one-on-one.

Second AD was just a group interview, had a problem the group had to solve that had nothing to do with aviation but was one of those no wrong answer things. Again just to see how people interacted and solved problems etc...
The nice lady interviewing us said "just be yourselves" and so I blanked out the things I had thought about saying beforehand and just went organic. Nearly everybody else had a pre-rehearsed "why I would benefit the airline" speech all planned out but not seen any of those people in the current running training schools.
I'd say when you go into the interview, just be yourself and relax. If you are the right kind of person for the job you will get it. If not keep working toward it!

Good luck ladies and gents!

mapsyd
13th Feb 2013, 06:22
OK, so Virgin emailed to invite me to their Melbourne recruitment day next week...so excited to try again, perhaps second time is the charm... this may sound a tad odd but could I get an opinion on what to wear????
I know last year I was in a full navy self striped suit and white shirt and dark blue and red stripe tie but, was thinking this year perhaps the same suit with a pale blue shirt and a mid blue semi solid tie....

What are your thoughts? is white shirt better or will the blue be a fresh approach to try?

Hope to hear your thoughts and recommendations....

Cheers

qlder90
13th Feb 2013, 07:24
Hey everyone,

Anyone have an idea when Brisbane ground school will be held. I've made it to the reference checks and was told checks would be conducted last year. Last I heard from Virgin was last October.

Cheers

Kyr
13th Feb 2013, 16:55
From what I've heard from the instructors from Brisbane they are very backed up/full at the moment. Chances of even getting a transfer there are slim currently.

crs92
14th Feb 2013, 10:30
Hey guys,

I did my first recruitment session for Virgin Perth Cabin Crew on Tuesday and it felt it went really well for me, a lot more relaxed than what I thought it would be and I worked really well with the group I was with.

Anyway I made it through to the second round interviews that went on today, but during our activity there were the same people controlling the conversation and made it hard for others to join in. I'm usually really good with team work activities but because of these people I couldn't get a word in! Has anyone who has done the second round interviews have any advice for me? I'm really scared now that the assessors thought I was shy and might not progress me to the online assessment :( I know they judge on team work and what you have to say but I also know that they don't like over confident people so I'm hoping they liked me from when I introduced myself. Also the assessor who interviewed me on the first day was there again so he could be there person who decides yes or no for me I guess..

Thanks!

Kyr
14th Feb 2013, 13:47
crs92, I had exactly the same problem. Managed to get a few words and suggestions in but I thought I was way too quiet and not going to get through the second rounds.

But I did!

They should contact you usually after a week, maximum two weeks to let you know if you proceed or not.

crs92
15th Feb 2013, 03:09
Thanks Kyr!

I guess it really comes down if they liked me or not. so fingers crossed! I'll let everyone know how it went down. I hate the waiting game..

mapsyd
15th Feb 2013, 08:16
Hi guys. OK, can anyone offer a suggestion regarding the best shirt colour for the AD? I have worn white before and thought a pale blue may look nice also...any thoughts?
I know it is a silly question but would love your opinions as I fear that if I wear the white shirt again along with the new tie I bought I may look like I am trying to copy the Virgin uniform (although the tie is ocean blue, not lilac)....I hear that is not a good thing!!

I have myself all ready and excited for answering questions and group exercise but am struggling on what to wear....I am sure there are some "fashionistas" out there that can lend a hand...
Hope to hear from you
Cheers.

mapsyd
19th Feb 2013, 06:43
Hello everyone. Just wondering if any of you attended the Melbourne AD today and if you can share what sort of day it was? was it a one on one interview or a group activity style set-up?
Hope to hear from you and good luck to those that attended....my turn tomorrow!!!:D

Kyr
19th Feb 2013, 07:27
From what I've heard all over the country, 1st AD is a group interview with 6-16ish people. Then after 1 on 1 interviews. 2nd AD is a group interview.

crs92
19th Feb 2013, 08:25
Hey guys,

Just wrote something but I don't think it processed.

I was just thinking anyone who did the Perth AD last week could you let me know when you get an email to say you move onto the reference or the online assessment. I didn't know if it is different for everyone one or if successful candidates get emailed before the unsuccessful people. I'm so impatient I just want to know now!:eek:

mapsyd
20th Feb 2013, 07:55
OK, online test done and must admit...it was not as bad as I thought! actually answered every question with some time to spare. I now just hope that I did well at it and move forward in the recruitment stages. I have to say that today's proceedings were tremendously fun and very worthwhile attending. Met some amazing people with unbelievable talent and the group I was with were all either ex Emirates or Jetstar which was so insightful. We actually were sent away for 40 minutes together for coffee as they had to many people to do group activities at one time and that was so much fun to sit and have a casual coffee between the group and one on one interviews.
Fantastic day all in all and must convey to those applying to not be scared of the facilitators...they truly are lovely and very engaging.
Cheers

mema
28th Feb 2013, 08:46
Hi
I hope some can help
I went to a Virgin AD and was unsucessful I was wondering if there was a waiting period before I can reapply?
Do I leave the application in the system as there is nowhere I can withdraw it or do they look at you application again when they recruit next.
I am asking as they are recruiting again in perth and I really want to try again for them.
I have emailed Virgin and have not got a response from them

mapsyd
28th Feb 2013, 11:09
Don't quote me but I believe that if you attended an AD then you can apply after 12 months... If unsuccessful at online application only, 6 months.
My advice is keep trying and don't give up... Keep doing what you do and be happy doing it. Life goes on and if you are right on the day then all is good, if not take it as a learning experience and take from it onto the next AD... Change tactics and listen to their feedback which I assume you asked about after the AD?
Good luck to you and keep at it, you will get there eventually.

PS I still have not got there either but have done better my second time around... Still have the final interview to get through on Monday....

Narayan91
4th Mar 2013, 12:42
I also applied in Perth last month. So according to Mapsyd, it's twelve months before I may re-apply. Is it possible to confirm this? I would like to re-apply as soon as possible! Thanks!

crs92
5th Mar 2013, 02:40
Hey guys,

This is my experience.. I actually applied for Virgin and my online application was unsuccessful. Lucky I knew someone and she mentioned to me that on the Virgin website it informs what they're looking for in your resume, like adding in your skills that you have etc... so I changed it to their specifications and made it through to the Perth AD!

I have now done both interviews, online assessment and I'm waiting for them to contact my references:) Anyway, When I was informed I was unsuccessful I withdrew my application on the careers website, reapplied, changed what I needed to on my application and finally got invited to the interviews. This was all done within a couple of weeks.

To your questions for the time you can reapply if you made it to the ADs and was unsuccessful there.. I'm not sure and don't quote me on this but I was always told by people that Virgin tries to recruit every 3ish months and you could reapply then?

First time I saw them recruiting was about August time 2012 then this new cabin crew national campaign starting from Oct - Mar but then that makes me wonder when they will be hiring again from this huge campaign where they had thousands of applications!?

Try calling Virgin and ask to speak to someone direct apposed to emailing and waiting for a reply, though when I have emailed them they have always gotten back to me promptly.

I was apart of the Perth AD from 12th Feb 13 so any Perth people who want some info in regards to anything let me know! Also if anyone is up to the references stage I would love to know if yours have been contacted or you're still waiting? I emailed them and I got the impression that they contact all states references around the same time as the office is in QLD and they told me the amount of people they have to call will take a couple of weeks!which from the Perth second Ad I couldn't imagine it taking that long..

Tashopeful
5th Mar 2013, 06:14
There is no set amount of time you have to wait in between applications with Virgin.

I asked HR specifically last year, and I was told that they have no such policy, and that you should re-apply once you feel you have the skills they require, and you are more confident in your interviewing manner etc.

mema
5th Mar 2013, 07:52
Hi,
I got this back from them today, as they did not say in the AD if you have to wait

Thank you for your email and interest in reapplying for the Cabin Crew position in Perth.

We ask candidates to wait a period of 12 months before reapplying for the position. This will allow adequate time to reflect on their performance at the recruitment day and also gain further experience to assist in future applications.

But I have known people to attend another AD only 3 months apart, so I don't know. And my application wont let me do anything.
So I will wait and see what happens. I hope that next time I go they dont use the age thing against me as I will be 39 this year.

lulu7210
7th Mar 2013, 01:38
Hi
Does anyone know the age that the recruiters really recruit for Virgin Australia? I know there isn't an age restriction but at the end of the day, the recruiters pick who they want! I can see that you are 39 mema. I am also at that age and have been to AD's for other airlines where the recruiters and FA's are older. So I don't think age is important, its obviously how you interact with others and yeh, if the recruiters like you or your persona! But hmm Virgin I'm not so sure about! Can anyone tell me? Are there some older people who have gone to AD's and stood out for the better! I so want to work as a FA for any airline. and yes, before I start getting too old!

mapsyd
7th Mar 2013, 06:46
mema.....don't worry about your age...I will be 41 this year and was still able to get in to an AD!!!:ok:

I guess, try to re-word your on line application to the points of experience that they are looking for, you will find those in the company profile and mission statement...
Re-write your CV accordingly, add some bullet points of how your experience matches their requirements etc..

I am still not in myself either and this wait is killing me, but regardless of outcome, I have done better the second time around and will feel more comfortable next time if no luck this year either (fingers crossed to the opposite).

Best of luck to you and chin up...it is all about the way you word your cover letter and CV and answer the on line application questions....know what the role REALLY is and match your credentials to it.

mapsyd
7th Mar 2013, 07:43
Hey again. Does Virgin call you to tell you you are successful or email only if unsuccessful? did they call you to tell you that you were through to references stage or did they email you?
Thanks again.

crs92
7th Mar 2013, 10:33
Surely I cannot be the only Perth girl who attended the ADs in Feb and still waiting anxiously to hear from Virgin.....

Any people who have progressed to the 'reference stage' and is still awaiting a email/phone call from Virgin? let me know if you have heard from them or not, the wait is killing me! seeing my VA friend travel everywhere around Australia in the time I have been waiting for them to contact me is crazy, super jealous of her!

The assessors advised there would be 2 ground schools this month, surely they wouldn't tell us if we wouldn't be able to attend either of them.. I am now curious if they have these 'talent pool' people waiting for ground school so us new people have to wait...:ugh:

mapsyd
9th Mar 2013, 09:10
Melbourne ADs were pretty much the same as Australia wide recruitment drives. Perhaps the order in which they do things is a tad different but I will get on to that in a moment.
The first AD is perhaps the most crucial as they tend to be ruthless at this stage from what I have heard and seen...
The day starts off with an introduction to the company and the role and expected salary etc. One is then offered a chance to ask any questions regarding the role. You then all exit the room. After that you are split into groups and taken in a group at a time and they tell you what they want you to do in the activity ahead. You are asked to give a brief self introduction based on the parameters they ask for (i.e introduction without saying why you want to work for Virgin!!), you then are asked a question by the recruiters such as "what kind of tree would you be" or, "what kind of car would you be"...
You then sit and a group problem/task is given to you verbally and as a group you must come to a resolve. After that....you are asked to leave the room and you then get called back in one at a time for a one on one interview...basic interview questions.
You then are free to leave.
Fantastic day and met some wonderful people. The recruiters are lovely and very assuring.
Hope this helps and if any questions feel free to get in touch.
I am still awaiting my final interview outcome....so fingers crossed! am so looking forward to being Melbourne crew.

Astara
12th Mar 2013, 06:09
This wait is annoying me now, ... this is my 3rd week waiting to hear back..they sure take their time

Three weeks is nothing, I promise you.

I was raced through from application to reference checks in under two weeks total and then told I was simply awaiting a ground school training start date - that was over four months ago! At the time I was ecstatic, because I felt at the speed the process was occurring, I would surely be training and flying in no time - friends who operate assured me they knew better, but I still kept my hopes up. I exchanged phone numbers with seven others at my 2nd interview (some who were even flown from PER/BRI to attend my AD in MEL, as there were no upcoming local dates) and all of them are still waiting for their 'Golden Call' - and yes, they are all still assured they are 'on the wait list' and have not been withdrawn.

To put it in perspective for you and everyone else reading this forum, from the conversations I have had with many, many QF/VA/JQ staff - the average recruitment period ranges between six months to a year. I've met just one active crew member working for QF who made it from application to ground school in less than six months. It's just the reality of trying to work in the aviation industry. :/

I have a funny and enlightening aviation recruitment experience a good friend of mine tells who went through recruitment with Virgin Blue five years ago. They applied, was rushed through the recruitment hurdles, and after waiting three months decided to move to Germany to learn the language and have an extended holiday while she waited for her ground school start date. She called the recruiters, and they insisted it would be fine as there were no plans to hold any ground schools for the foreseeable future and that it was almost impossible that she would be placed within the next six months. She moved a week later, and after only two weeks in Germany got the Golden Call asking if she could start in less than seven days !!! - That's aviation recruitment, there's no rhyme or reason for anything they do.

It is confusing. It is often outright frustrating as you are forever, and often needlessly, waiting - for something, ANYTHING from them to let you know something is happening with your application progress. Just take some comfort in knowing your experience is not unusual, and you may be waiting a long while yet.

I would strongly suggest looking for alternate work that is casual/highly flexible that you can leave as soon as VA make that magical GC.

Sorry for the long post - but I hope it answers a lot of questions for those who are confused by the recruitment process and the endless waiting...waiting...waiting...Oh - yes. I'm STILL waiting, this post killed five minutes... hmm... back to old TV re-runs while I sit by the phone ;)

RING DAMN YOU!!! ... GOOD LUCK!! :D

DEANO3271
4th Apr 2013, 09:07
Hi All.

I have just heard back from my application for V/A,and have been invited to attend a recruitment day when the are next being held in Melbourne!

I just wondered how much notice is given to attend,is it weeks or months?

As I currently still live in the UK I would need to arrange leave and a flight over,as not planning on returning to oz for def until early next year at present bit this may change according to work offers!

Hns131
8th Apr 2013, 07:03
Hello!

I attended a recruitment day in February and I only received the notice the week prior, so it was about 5 days to prepare everything!

Due to a system error, about 2 1/2 weeks later I was sent another invitation because it said I had not previously attended the one before that (which I did). However that gave me approx 2 notice.

I did however get through to the second interview which gave me another approx 2 weeks notice and now I'm just sitting here waiting...!

I heard they have a ground school organised for April (Melb based) does anyone know if they have confirmed these? Or has anyone heard when the next GS date is?

Astara
23rd Apr 2013, 05:57
Has anyone heard anything concrete regarding when the next SYD/MEL/BNE Training Schools are due to commence?

After the freeze on recruitment in December, the last update I had received was in February directly from VA Cabin Crew Recruitment who had stated that June/July was the firm time frame for commencement. Any news would be greatly appreciated.

bubblyguy
24th Apr 2013, 11:15
To those above I know there has been a ground school in either Melbourne or Sydney recently (can't remember) and the 3rd one (yes 3 already this year) for Perth this year is in their final few weeks.

If you want the job then Perth is the place to go. ;)

Hns131
20th May 2013, 12:04
Just a heads up to people waiting for ground school dates for Melbourne, I believe there won't be any scheduled until after June because of the financial year! :8

BTO1
2nd Jun 2013, 15:11
does anyone know when Sydney has a training school.

BTO1
26th Jun 2013, 10:05
does any know what happen in the recruitment day and is it easy day

Hns131
29th Jun 2013, 10:46
Recruitment days are probably the most nerve-wrecking! First of all you all gather at the designated location and nervously stand around and small talk, make sure to make some friends and get rid of those nerves! They take you all to a room where you seperate into tables of groups, and then are all shown a PowerPoint and given the chance the to ask questions etc.. You are then given a group activity. Last time there were only two presenters and three groups so my group were told to go have a coffee downstairs and chat and wait until the next group was through. We came back after an hour and had a group assessment. They monitor how you interact with each other and judge you on your performance work within in a team. They then thrown us an 'out of the blue' question' for example, if you were a fruit, what would you be. Everyone got a different one.
We then left the room and everyone joined up while they called is in one by one for a one on one interview.
You then left and were free to go home.
My advice, dress nicely, where your hair in a bun and try not to stress!!!!

Kyr
1st Jul 2013, 10:12
Seriously just relax, be yourself.

That was some of the best advice I was given by the the leader of cabin crew and it worked a treat.

(And don't try TOO hard. It looks really bad.)

Astara
17th Jul 2013, 04:47
I just spoke directly to the VA Cabin Crew Recruitment team about potential upcoming Training Schools. I was told that "All Cabin Crew recruitment is currently on hold company wide. No schools will be planned until the end of the year at the earliest" :(

That is very disappointing for those of us (maybe hundreds?) who have been in the talent pool since November. I will still hold out hope that uplift changes will see them re-open recruitment sooner than later. Can anyone shed light on exactly how the applications of those who have been in the talent pool for 9 months + will be handled when they reopen recruitment? Are they likely to just place some of us directly into schools, or will they ask us to start the entire process from scratch?

I do know they explicitly stated in the AD that if you're not recruited within 6 months from the talent pool your application is removed from candidacy - but I was assured when I hit the 6 month stage in May that my application was still valid due to the halt. Very curious as to where we all really stand in regards to this perpetual limbo that is the 'wait list' based on past experiences from those in the know.

Thank you - and thank you PPRUNE for allowing us to retain some dignity/sanity during this stressful process.

wigglewash
5th Aug 2013, 13:33
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

capture-the-spirit
24th Aug 2013, 20:17
Virgin Australia 2ebsite states vacancies in BNE SYD MEL for domestic flying. Does anyone know of the scheduled overnights from each of these different bases.

Am international Purser with a gulf carrier at the moment, however hoping to return home. Any chance of direct entry? I wish to be based in BNE or at least based somewhere else with at least 3 days per month in BNE...

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated..

Safe flying

Anelise
3rd Sep 2013, 22:33
Hi Everyone,

I applied for VA Cabin crew back in Jan 2013 and never heard anything from my application. On Monday(2 Sep) I received an email saying i was invited to attend an assessment day based in Sydney (!!) obviously I was over the moon.
Although it ended being the next two days (Sep 3 & Sep 4) (and as i currently work full-time) with such short notice i was unable to attend. I regretfully had to decline the invitation and was informed i would be contacted the next time VA holds a recruitment session in Sydney...

But now i am worried i have missed my only chance, and feel absolutely heartbroken I wasn’t able to attend.

Is it normal to only receive one day’s notice? And does anyone know when the next assessment day in Sydney might be - i am worried it could be another year away!

Has anyone else had to decline an invitation and still heard back from VA?

Any answers would be great - i feel like i am at another dead end!

Many Thanks

blueeyecabincrew
4th Sep 2013, 08:08
Hi Anelise,

Unfortunately, It is not uncommon for Airlines to give little notice for assessment days. I've been too 2, and both of them I was given 4 days notice (which isn't as bad as 2 days, but it certainly feels rushed when you have to organise flights!). My conclusion is they must do this because it certainly shows your determined.
I have a friend who declined a Virgin ground crew interview and got a invite to the next available one the week after. It can happen- I don't honestly see how it would be a black mark against your name. I know that Virgin are hiring on the website at the moment, I have heard on the pipeline that it is only a expression of interest. Still, just keep applying, I see no reason why you have any less chance of getting a invite next time they do have a assessment day. Hope that helps! :)

Anelise
4th Sep 2013, 23:04
Hi Blueeyecabincrew,

Thank you so much for your response. It has actually helped a lot. I wasn't sure if declining meant they would put a mark against my name. And it sounds like your friend was lucky being asked only a week later!

I guess I just have to wait and see now! Hopefully one pops up soon!

Also regarding the advert you have seen online recently, I believe this is strictly for Domestic crew - is that right?

Do you (or anyone know) if the "2013 Cabin crew campaign" (which i applied for back in Jan 13) is international (or both international and domestic?). If all my wishes could come true i would love to do the international flights :)

Again - thanks for your reply!

BTO1
7th Sep 2013, 18:47
Hey does anyone know if theres a training school starting up soon in sydney bases please write back if you know anything.

Hns131
11th Sep 2013, 01:08
Hi Anelise!

I applied for VA back in Jan as well, I was invited and attended a assessment day in Feb with a few days notice. Although a week later I got another invite to attend yet another assessment day. I called head office and they told me there was a system error and that it had thought I didn't attend the first assessment day I was invited too. So, if you do decline the first one, I do believe you do get another chance if there is another assessment day within the recruiting period time. Also, the Cabin Crew campaign back in Jan was strictly domestic (unfortunately! would have loved international, but will be super happy with domestic either way!)

BTO1, As for ground school dates, there is a nation wide hold on any training and has been since August. I am currently in the 'talent pool' along with many other people awaiting to hear back with dates that we have been told will hopefully be at the end of this year, so fingers crossed and good luck! :ok:

zzus
12th Sep 2013, 12:15
I applied for Virgin cabin crew last week, I feel like Cabin Crew would be the place I'd want to try for, love flying, people and traveling. Only problem is I completely forgot to attach a cover letter, silly me assuming that the questionnaire was a replacement for that. Do you think it would be wise to either withdraw then reapply, or, send the cover letter and resume to the cabin crew recruitment email?

This forum is a great resource and insight into the process, thanks for everyone's' answers and input. It's crazy to think that there's still a heap of people in the talent pool waiting since last year, I really hope interviews and ground school will happen soon. Does anyone know if there will definitely be one at the end of the year?

For those that have done GS, how long does the training go for and is it every day of the week?

Sorry with all the questions, just really wanting this role. Fingers are crossed I get a call for an interview or to attend the AD.

Hns131
13th Sep 2013, 03:09
Hi Zzus!

To be honest, I don't actually know if a cover letter is required or that much of a big deal.. They look more for customer experience more then anything. But all the best and good luck! If you are successful, you should receive an email inviting you too an assessment day!

Also, ground school goes for approx 8 weeks, five days a week. During this one you will also recieve a salary of approx $32,00 which is a trainee wage, and after successful completion your wage will rise.
Now this is only what I've been told from my interviews so I do apologise if this isn't 100% correct!

Even if you were successful at your assessment day, second interview, reference checks and then medical I honestly don't think you would be starting ground school at the end of the year considering how many are in the talent pool. Never assume that you will be starting ASAP, it is a super long process! (I've been waiting since Feb!) but maybe they will hurry along the process considering they are advertising which means they will hopefully start ground school soon and all the people currently in there, may not all 100% be ready to commence, but again, good luck!

blueeyecabincrew
13th Sep 2013, 04:55
Hns131, I am attending a Virgin assessment day in 2 weeks in Perth. I have two brief questions!

This will be my 3rd Assessment day (Got a No from Jetstar, got to references with JetConnect Qantas but never heard back after). I assume Virgin would work pretty much the same as the others, group work then one on one interview? Is there anything different to be aware of?

Also, up to the point where you were put in the talent pool, did Virgin communicate with you up to that point or was it still a few weeks between reference checks etc.

Thankyou! :)

Hns131
14th Sep 2013, 00:49
Hi blueeyecabincrew,

No, it's pretty much the same from what I hear about the others. You enter a room and then approach the desk one table at a time with your ID and forms required to bring and then they ask for a headshot of you, so they take your pic. You then settle into tables and begin a powerpoint.
Afterwards, because we had three tables and only two presenters, my table was sent away for half an hour while group activites were discussed, so this gave me time to get to know everyone in my group which was an advatanage when we came back and done our group activity. At the end of the group activity they will throw you a 'curveball' question. You are then asked to go wait outside while they call you in one at a time (or two in a time, one person to each presenter) and then speak to you about your resume and past experience.
Then they ask you to leave and you will hear back from them in approx two weeks. (Or in my case three.. for some reason I got sent another invite to AD but when I questioned I got told it was supposed to be for a second interview within 1 week and a half away.)

To be honest, they didn't really communicate much at all with me afterwards.
It took quite a while to hear back from my second interview (maybe only 2-4 weeks) and it was an email telling me that they would contact my references within the coming weeks. Now I asked my references if they got called but they never did, and a couple of days later I was advised again by email, that I was palced into the talent pool and they would endveour to contact my references soon. If you would like to inbox me your email, I can send you the original email :)

Unrelated - did I just follow you on ig?

Anelise
17th Sep 2013, 05:09
Hi Hns131,

Thank you very much for your response. I actually just got invited to another assessment day which is being held (in Sydney) on Thursday - so i am very excited.

This is my first Assessment day / interview for cabin crew and I have been reading all the forums since January so I have a rough idea of what to expect. My only concern is answering the questions!

I have zero cabin crew experience (although prior to my current role I worked in customer service roles for over 5 years). I am just worried I am going to be a bit rusty with answers and providing examples (I have been working as a personal assistant and in admin roles for the past two years). So thinking back before then is sort of difficult!

Does anyone have any examples of questions they ask (so I can start trying to think of answers now!)

Additionally – is anyone else here attending the assessment day on Thursday??

Thanks,
Anelise

blueeyecabincrew
17th Sep 2013, 05:29
I'm attending one NEXT wednesday in Perth, equally nervous as you! The weird thing is I received a email saying that there will be a 2nd interview the next day, and that if I am successful I will start either 14th of October or the 21st. They must be short at the Perth base I'm thinking!

annajp94
17th Sep 2013, 07:42
Hi everyone.

I applied for Virgin Australia CC at the start of September and was just wondering how long I can expect to wait to hear anything. Sorry if this has been answered before or anything but I'm just super nervous about it!!! I'm in Brisbane so just wondering if anyone knows when the BNE AD's are or how often the AD's are anywhere

Thanks! Love this forum by the way :)

zzus
17th Sep 2013, 12:48
Thanks Hns131 :)

Think I have to be super patient. Good luck to those going on their AD, think best thing is to be yourself and open.

Does anyone know if this last campaign by VA is for domestic or international? Has anyone gone through the process in transferring from domestic to international long haul, just curious as to how soon it could take.

Cheers guys and gals
Suz

Hns131
18th Sep 2013, 01:09
Hi Anelise - Congrats on the news! Let us all know how you go. As for preparation for the Assessment Day, I found this downloadable PDF super helpful and used it as my guide for the day. Cabin Crew Careers & Flight Attendant Jobs - Recruitment Advice & Interview Guide - Cabin Crew Careers (http://www.cabincrewstorecareers.com/interview--success-guide.html)
It is $9.95 but definitely worth it.
Also, a tip I wish someone had told me was to wear your hair in a low bun. I wore my hair up, but wasn't in a bun, just pulled back, and it's very long (past the required length).

blueeyecabincrew - That's excellent news!! Very glad they have an idea of the date. Do you think that will be the guideline for other cities?

Anelise
18th Sep 2013, 02:16
Hi Hns131

Okay thank you – I will have a look into it!

And thanks for the tip re how to wear my hair! I have been trying to think how I should wear it, as its only just past my shoulders so its not very long. I think I will need to practice my bun skills as I have never been good at them…

I will be sure to let you know how I go J

I’m also hoping that time frame could be an indication for other cities – would be great to hear back so quickly. From what I have read it seems that even contacting referees can take a few weeks..

blueeyecabincrew
18th Sep 2013, 03:24
Get a hair donut! Always see flight attendants on Virgin with them :)

Hayley, I have no idea. I find it really odd they say when ground school starts on a invite to a assessment day! It also says if we cannot start in October we need to let them know! Have a feeling Perth base must be quite short. I'm so nervous for this though, more than either of the other ad's!

BTO1
20th Sep 2013, 14:54
Hey everyone I made it to training school and got an email saying that training school will start on October 14th if anyone knows what happens during training and how long does the training go for please let me know n what happens after u do your training.

zzus
22nd Sep 2013, 04:19
Hey BT01,

Was that for Sydney? Is that the Ground school for Cabin Crew on the 14th?

When I applied I put that I had holidays from the 19-30 October, this could be why I hadn't been contacted. Will hang out until the next one.

Cheers

Anelise
22nd Sep 2013, 09:14
Hi BTO1,

Congratulations on making it to training school! Can I ask when you attended your assessment day (was it long wait in-between??)

I attended an assessment day last thursday, and am currently waiting for an email to let me know if i have been successful into the next stage or not (i think the next stage is an online test?)

Just wondering :)

BTO1
23rd Sep 2013, 02:33
Hey anelise

It a pretty long wait I went To my assessment day on July 3rd 2013 and they just sent me the email last Friday.

Hey zzus
Yeh that's for Sydney ground school, that probably why there didn't email you and yeh will hang out until the next one see u then.

Anelise
24th Sep 2013, 23:57
Thanks for the info - that is a pretty long wait, but I think I have heard about longer!

I was wondering if anyone can help - I attended an assessment day last Thursday, and was informed if I was successful or not i would be emailed within a week notifying me of the outcome.

they said if I 'was' successful, I would be invited to an online test which I would need to complete to get to the next stage.

It’s now Wednesday (tomorrow will be one week) and i have received no email.

I just logged into my application on the VA website and my status has changed to "Online testing expired - not started" with no options to open anything.

Like I said I never got an email - does anyone know what this means? I don’t know if I should have got an email and now i have missed me chance? or if I wasn’t going to be successful to the online interview?

Any light on this would be really appreciated - or is anyone else having the same problem?

Many Thanks,
Anelise

Hns131
25th Sep 2013, 09:41
If you definitely haven't received an email then give head office a call and speak to someone within recruitment and explain what's happened. You have definitely missed the online test so call them as soon as you can

mareelouise
26th Sep 2013, 03:16
Hey Guys

In April i received an email inviting me to the next assessment day for melbourne base, although they stated there were none at the moment. Has anyone heard when Virgin will be recruiting in Melbourne? Has anyone else had this email?

blueeyecabincrew
26th Sep 2013, 05:35
I just had my 2nd day interview with Virgin! It went okay, a couple of the questions were more thorough then I expected but I felt I did my best. It's hard to know though when literally everyone else there was really good! If I don't get through it's obviously just not meant to be happen right now.

jmph
4th Oct 2013, 07:32
what is actually involved at the medical for VA. I know they test hearing and eyes... but are they the simple tests like at the RTA or more extensive? How is your hearing tested? What pathologies are tested in the blood test ? What would deem you unsuitable for CC position (besides drug and alcohol issues).. any info would be appreciated :8

blueeyecabincrew
5th Oct 2013, 18:08
I had my medical today! and I have my alcohol and drug test on tuesday, and they said hopefully they can give me a response on wednesday. Even though the doctor says in his medical opinion i passed- I'm still scared I failed the medical! Overanalysing everything!

bubblyguy
7th Oct 2013, 10:05
Don't stress! If the doctor passed you then you passed! Congrats!

As long as you pass the DAMP testing you will hopefully be in training soon! :)

blueeyecabincrew
7th Oct 2013, 10:19
bubblyguy, my groundschool starts October 21 in Perth! Might see you around :)

bubblyguy
7th Oct 2013, 11:30
You more than likely will. :)

There is another ground school that will be 1 week ahead of you.

blueeyecabincrew
7th Oct 2013, 12:31
Yeah, I wasn't given the choice for that one as I definetly cannot move down that quickly! I'm incredibly excited though and suprised how quickly this process has taken!

Zebra89
8th Oct 2013, 10:42
hey blueyes,

Just wondering whether your ground school is for mainline virgin or virgin regional? do you know what aircraft you are being endorsed on? coz i know there is a VARA ground school in a few weeks, just not sure on mainline.
Cheers

blueeyecabincrew
8th Oct 2013, 10:53
Hi Zebra.

As far as I know Virgin Domestic...that's all they talked about at the recruitment day. I've had no mention of VARA whatsoever. However it did say Vara on my medical form which is weird!

missbellejane
9th Oct 2013, 00:00
Hi all
I'm glad I've stumbled on this forum and this thread. I've just submitted my application for Perth-based cabin crew.
The only thing I'm fearful might hold me back at an assessment is a couple of relatively small tattoos but I will be able to cover those up with makeup which will hopefully be ok.

Fingers crossed!

blueeyecabincrew
10th Oct 2013, 13:52
Got the call today! Never been so happy!

Emirati
3rd Nov 2013, 04:19
Hi guys,

I had my assessment day in Brisbane on Wednesday and was told that I'd be emailed if I was successfull to then complete and online psychometric test. I received the email and completed the test. What is the next stage from here?

Thank you all!

kaity02
4th Nov 2013, 07:29
Hi all,
I have recently put an application in for cabin crew in Perth, and was wondering if anyone has heard if there is any assessment days coming up soon, or will they be on hold till after Christmas? I currently work for a small regional airline and have always wanted to work for Virgin and on bigger aircraft. Is conditions and wages decent and how many overnights do staff get roughly, as it said up to 15, but what is the average. :)

blueeyecabincrew
4th Nov 2013, 10:09
Hi kaity,

I'm currently in ground school for Perth base. I believe that early next year is when they may recruit again :)

kaity02
5th Nov 2013, 03:23
Hi blueeyedcabincrew

Thanks for that, I hope they do recruit next year, would be so awesome

enjoy ground school, once it has finished it is so worth it, even though I am with a small regional airline, we have the best office in the world

Emirati
7th Nov 2013, 10:28
Hi all,

I've recently gone to a AD in Brisbane. I've managed to be a successful applicant and was able to complete the online Pyschometric test. I received an email 3 days later and was told I'd be informed to come into a second round interview at the VA HQ. I'm
extremely excited to be part of VA!

Does anyone have any idea of what the process from now is? What does the second round interview consist of?

Thank you so much for replying in advance!

lilybeth
7th Nov 2013, 15:04
I also just applied for a Virgin cabin crew role recently online (maybe about a week or so ago?), & have just heard back from them that I am through for an AD :)
At this point though, they have said they don't have any dates yet for AD's scheduled, they will be in touch soon!

kaity02
9th Nov 2013, 01:49
Hi, I got that email aswell, so hopefully they have dates soon in Perth, all so exciting. Am looking forward to it, as would so love to work on bigger aircraft and go to major cities instead of mine sites:)

annajp94
9th Nov 2013, 06:58
Hi Emirati. Just a question.....how long ago did you apply for Virgin Australia BNE base before getting the AD? And did they by any chance say anything about future AD's/ground schools?
I applied about a month ago and am desperate to work for VA.

Thanks and congratulations on the AD and everything :)

lisajane
10th Nov 2013, 05:03
It is a little confusing. I applied for BNE cabin crew back in January when they were running the last campaign. I think that campaign finished around March. I didn't hear anything back however until August this year and was advised that I had made it to assessment day but there were none scheduled. I waited a few months and emailed them a couple of weeks ago and was told that All BNE opportunities were on hold for another 6 - 12 mths. However I see they have recently run a AD? Hmmm very confusing indeed....those of you who did attend the BNE AD when did you apply for the position? I am trying to be patient LOL but the waiting is killing me! Good luck to all by the way!

kaity02
13th Nov 2013, 23:06
Recruitment days have been announced for Perth, so looks like it will be full steam ahead for ground schools in Perth.
I am getting excited, nervous and scared :p

lilybeth
18th Nov 2013, 13:12
Hi Kaity!

I have booked in for my AD next week, can't wait! I'm glad I have some time to prepare first...:) Good luck & who knows, maybe see you there!

coreyVirginAu
19th Nov 2013, 01:54
hey im new to this but i have a recruitment day interview Saturday does anyone know what to expect and maybe give some hints and tips on passing

VBWannbe
19th Nov 2013, 07:52
Just wondering if anyone has heard much after attending the Adelaide recruitment days?

I made it through to reference checks and they called one of my references last week...just wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes to hear from them at this stage?

aueb
24th Nov 2013, 03:02
Anyone booked for the Perth AD on Wednesday Nov. 27?

cabin40
24th Nov 2013, 07:33
Is anyone attending the Adelaide AD next Wednesday 27th in the afternoon session?

blance94
24th Nov 2013, 12:27
Hey,

Is anyone booked in for the 0900-1200 ADL AD for VA on 26 November?

I've booked myself on the QF morning flight that gets into ADL at 0750, does anyone know what the traffic from the airport to ADL CBD is like in the morning?

cabin40
25th Nov 2013, 10:29
Hi Again,

Has Virgin changed its AD process again, going thru the paperwork sent for the AD it says,

If progressed from today:
We will conduct a minimum of 2 professional reference checks.
You will be required to attend a medical assessment including an audiometry screen, alcohol breath test and drug screen. (Please note this will be at your own expense. The cost of this medical is approx. $400).
A final decision regarding your application is made.
If successful it is imperative on your first day of training to have 12 months currency remaining on your Senior First Aid Certificate and 6 months currency remaining on your CPR and a valid passport with at least 18 months validity.
Please note you can be unsuccessful at any stage of the recruitment process, including after the medical assessment.

So does this mean there is no second interview or is it held on the same day,

Thanks Again! :)

blance94
26th Nov 2013, 01:25
There's definitely still a second interview. I had my AD this morning, there was only about 10 of us, two tables, normal intro with basic questions, then introductions with a random question, followed by a group activity. Everyone then goes outside and is called in for the quick one on one like they've done previously. Later that day they tell you if you've made it to the second interview. I'm guessing they just forgot to put it in the email. My second interview is on Thursday or Friday :)

VBWannbe
26th Nov 2013, 05:04
Hi Blance94, hope your AD went well. Did they say anything about when they think ground schools for Adelaide might start? Thanks :)

blance94
26th Nov 2013, 07:09
Howdy,

Went pretty well thanks. They said they would be putting our group through the 06January ground school, if we can not attend that one, more are planned for Feb :)

cabin40
26th Nov 2013, 12:46
Hey Blance94 thanks for responding and good luck for your second interview!

l_a_d1
27th Nov 2013, 08:51
Hi guys,

Just wandering if anyone knows when the last Virgin Cabin Crew intake was or when it will be? I applied online a couple of months ago and wandering what the likely hood of getting an interview was or how they go about recruitment. Thanks

bubblyguy
1st Dec 2013, 03:17
There are 2 ground schools currently in progress in Perth. They are finishing just in time for Christmas.

Recruitment for more Perth ground schools is in progress for both VAA (mainline) and VARA. I'm sure these will be for late January/February schools.

If you want the job any time soon apply for Perth. Note that the transfer lists from Perth have over a 2 year wait with who is currently on them so don't go for it if you want to transfer.

Meanwhile if you want to transfer to Perth it will be approved in seconds. Perth is where it is all happening at the moment.

blance94
2nd Dec 2013, 02:03
Howdy,

Anyone from the interviews of last week for VA Adl Crew base that has still not heard back from VA? Everyone I've spoken to seems to have heard a yes or a no already but I'm still waiting!

cabin40
2nd Dec 2013, 06:59
Blance94,

I got my no email, mind you I didn't even make second round interviews, one of my mates who made it thru is still waiting for reference checks.

marymary
3rd Dec 2013, 00:46
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if Virgin is still recruiting for Sydney base? Will they be having any grounds schools any time soon ?

sistashazza
3rd Dec 2013, 02:36
Hi guys
I couldn't attend the AD in Adelaide last week but today I got sent an email from Virgin with some new dates (which I unfortunately can't attned). Then later today I got an email from Chander McLeod with the psychometric testing details saying I need to do the testing before 6 December. Does anyone know why I've been sent psychometric testing when I haven't been able to attend an AD?

blance94
3rd Dec 2013, 10:46
Virgin has stuffed up I'm assuming, a girl that didn't get past the first AD got the same email today :S

ScouseJessy
13th Dec 2013, 17:28
Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice on this Virgin recruitment!

Went to an open day in Adelaide on October 17th, through all the stages and got sent the psychometric test online and then an email to say will contact references.....

its now December 13th and still no answer, nothing, no emails or calls.

I live in dubai and work for an airline here so don't know if I still have a chance with Virgin or I never got it and they forgot to tell me..

Anyone else in my situation?

Thanks in advance x :ugh:

blance94
19th Dec 2013, 05:55
@ScouseJessy

I would probably give them a call if I were you, they've called me for the final stages rather than used email, so maybe they're having some troubles calling you? The whole process only took about a month for me, and there are ground schools from 06 Jan.

I Just Want To Fly
26th Dec 2013, 22:15
The only recruitment for new Domestic Crew will be for Perth and Adelaide for a while.

However morale is a bit low, and crew levels are pretty tight so things could change quickly. Just keep your applications up to date.

As for Long Haul, all recruitment is by internal transfer only for the foreseeable future. The only external recruitment would be for Arabic Language Speakers but that is not likely any time soon either.

Sorry!

larakatie
2nd Jan 2014, 02:12
Hi guys loved reading this forum,
Has anyone here applied for VA Melbourne based CC in October? I received an email in November telling me I made it into a recruitment day but they do not have any dates yet. I know I can't really complain as some of you have been waiting a very long time. Thinking of the interview process just makes me very nervous and I would love to get it over with!! :eek: If anyone is in the same boat as me (applied around the same time) Let me know.

Sp1215
7th Jan 2014, 23:04
Hi @larakatie I applied around the same time as you did and they just sent me an email/invitation to their AD with no dates set as of yet for Melbourne based.....hoping it will be soon though...all the best to us

Andrewwa
9th Jan 2014, 00:09
Hey guys,

I applied for Virgin Australia Cabin Crew at the start of october, and in early november I received an email saying they would invite me to the next AD when it is available. It's been about 2 months now and I was just wondering if anyone has any information about when the next AD for Sydney is? I've spoken to a couple of VA Cabin Crew and they said Sydney is pretty understaffed at the moment which makes me hope it will be soon. Would it be worth getting in contact with the recruitment officers? :)

Thanks

Andrew

RedLippy
13th Jan 2014, 10:02
Hi guys,

FYI I was part of the last round of interviews in 2013. My interview process has been on hold since December, as understandably they didn't have any ground schools scheduled, so didn't want to continue to just drop me in a talent pool.

Today I received an email saying they're continuing and will contact my references this week.

So fingers crossed for anyone else looking for SYD base it seems 'They're Back Up.'

good luck.

Theclimb
15th Jan 2014, 07:48
I got an invitation this morning to attend Sydney Assessment Day on Friday coming. Unfortunately, by the time i checked my email in the afternoon, there was already no spaces available so I had no choice but to decline the invitation. I feel sad. :{ Anyone who had a chance to book in and going to AD this friday, please keep us update of how many more people do they need. Will there be any ground school soon after this ground school in early february?

ozzybird915
16th Jan 2014, 04:15
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you missed out on round one interviews, they went really quickly! :( The email I got said they would be scheduling round 2 interviews in the near future and I spoke to a recruitment officer today who said the same thing, just keep checking your mail! I'm sure it's only a matter of time! I'm flying to Sydney for it tomorrow, very last minute! Hope to see you on board some time, best of luck to you, don't stress :) xx

Theclimb
16th Jan 2014, 07:02
Thank you, good to hear there will be another one in the near future :) good luck for tomorrow ;)

Andrewwa
16th Jan 2014, 07:12
I also got invited to the VA interview, however I was at work and when I got home they were all booked. I emailed them and they said there will be another really soon, so I am just checking my emails like crazy! How many people go to them?

wilma55
17th Jan 2014, 03:18
Hi everyone,

I got an email saying I'm through to the Assessment Day for Perth, date pending. Is anyone else applying for Virgin Australia Regional? How much notice do they give you for dates? I had an email earlier saying there was a potential ground school in March, but this is not confirmed, they asked me to do the online testing before the assessment day, which I did and I got through. From what I have read, this isn't their usual format. Anyone else in the same boat? Thanks!!

ozzybird915
21st Jan 2014, 19:42
Hi Wilma,

I just went through assessment and ours were the same, received the psychometric in between the two ADs...seems like they're trying to get it done as quickly as possible. Hope this helps you and best of luck!

ozzybird915
23rd Jan 2014, 02:01
So I got an email this morning saying I'd passed the second round of interviews and they would be contacting my references!!!! This is good news right? How ever, the next training school for Sydney had been filled so I'm being placed in a talent pool until the next one comes up. Which is good in a way as it gives me time to get organised, but can it expire after a certain time and I have to go through the entire process again? Just wondering if anybody knows, much appreciated!

wilma55
24th Jan 2014, 03:32
Yeah that helped, thanks. I got my invitation to the Recruitment Day, it's on Tuesday. Fingers crossed! A quick trip to Perth for me! Congrats on getting through the second interview.

Andrewwa
28th Jan 2014, 02:36
Hey has anyone got any idea when the next SYD AD will be? I missed the last one.

China1
30th Jan 2014, 01:13
Hi Wilma,
Just wondering how you went at your interview day on Tuesday? Very keen to know how it all went, were there many numbers attending? Also did they give a mention on possible ground school dates for Perth?
Hope you had a successful day!

China1
30th Jan 2014, 03:55
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone from the November assessment days have had their references checked yet?
Also, has anyone heard of a possible Perth Ground School start date by any chance?

It's all so exciting, yet so scary. Just so desperate to know something :confused:

FlyGirl17
30th Jan 2014, 14:52
Hi china1,
I am still waiting for reference checks from the Nov recruitment also. Waiting eagerly :)

China1
30th Jan 2014, 15:22
Hi There,
Have you contacted them to find out what's going on? I've thought about it but not sure if I should bother them with it? Just so desperate to know so I know what to do with my current job. Was hoping to leave my current job sooner rather than later but don't want to incase something goes wrong with Virgin and I don't get into the Ground School.

FlyGirl17
31st Jan 2014, 02:10
Hi china1,
I wouldn't give notice till you have a job offer in your hands. So hold off on that for now. I bugged them with an email beginning of Jan and they said they have a high volume of applications and they will be doing ref checks in the coming weeks. So I'm just waiting it out now. Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard yet. Just super keen to start also.:)

wilma55
31st Jan 2014, 02:33
Hi China1,

I had my recruitment day on Tuesday and on Wednesday I got the "thanks but no thanks" email. They said they were recruiting for a ground school starting on 4 March. I applied for Regional Cabin Crew so I don't know if that is the same as you. But they have put more advertising up and they seem to be rushing recruitment through. I actually had an application in for Canberra as well so fingers crossed that one goes a bit better. The day itself was very quick and not as in depth as I was expecting. Everyone had a group activity which went for 5 mins and then I got a 3 minute one on one, she asked why Virgin, why Cabin crew, flicked over my resume and said "Any questions?". I was actually disappointed, I don't understand how they can pick from that. And the group activity was irrelevant to the role. It didn't really make sense to me. Having been through the process with Qantas, I was a bit disappointed with this process.

Andrewwa
9th Feb 2014, 03:14
Got an invite for online assessment for PER base. They said I would receive a link within 48 hours, however it has been 5 days now, received nothing. What should I do :)?

ozzybird915
9th Feb 2014, 10:13
Hey there :)

I would definitely call them. There were a couple of girls at my AD who had not received theirs when everybody else had, apparently it was a computer error. Let them know so they can get it sorted for you :)

Andrewwa
10th Feb 2014, 01:24
Gave them a call, the lady on the phone was absolutely excellent. They're going to resend me a link, there is probably a problem with my email. Is anyone else going for the Regional job in PER?

raptor1
12th Feb 2014, 23:12
Hi everyone,

I’m a little confused. I applied for the position of guest services agent in Sydney last year. I passed online testing. I had to pull out of the process because I had a 4 week holiday booked.. They said they’d be in contact once they had training schools planned. This was in August/September last year. Since they have readvertised positions I have sent them a few emails, and have heard nothing back. I’m wondering if anyone else is in the same situation? Or if anyone has any idea what is going on with guest services recruitment?

Sky22
15th Feb 2014, 07:50
Hey Raptor, i think that the fact that they have re-advertised, that is a part of their new recruitment drive for 2014. The best thing to do is probably re-apply and try once more if your still highly keen on it. Hope this helps a little. Cheers

China1
17th Feb 2014, 04:11
Hi FlyGirl,

Just wanted to see if you had heard anything yet? Or had your references checked yet?
I've still heard nothing. Desperate to just know a ground school date so I have something to look forward to. I'm so excited about all this but as time goes by I get more nervous that somethings gone wrong and they'll never call. I just wish I knew some info to keep me going.

Roundtheworld
17th Feb 2014, 18:16
Has anyone heard when Virgin will be recruiting for their Melbourne base? Also, is Virgin and Virgin Long haul the same? Thanks:)

FlyGirl17
19th Feb 2014, 01:53
hi china1,

I haven't received anything about when they will be starting training. Just sitting in their talent pool awaiting for them to schedule training schools.
I'm guessing you haven't received anything either?

China1
25th Feb 2014, 00:30
Yeah I've been placed in a talent pool now. Guess we won't be doing a ground school any time soon hey. I just hope we don't have to re-apply again. I was so excited and worked really hard to get there, would be sad to go through all that again.
Oh well, maybe it wasn't meant to be. XOXO

bubblyguy
3rd Mar 2014, 07:49
Also, is Virgin and Virgin Long haul the same?

Virgin Australia International (long haul - VAI) only recruit crew now from existing crew.

There is no longer any external recruitment for long haul crew. You first need to do a few years at Virgin as domestic (VAA) crew.

ozzybird915
6th Mar 2014, 03:29
So guys, after hearing what's been going on recently and thinking there'd be a massive recruitment freeze, my references were checked today and I was invited to do the medical! Ground school starting the 28th of April in Sydney!! So excited!

Andrewwa
6th Mar 2014, 11:49
Hey OzzyGirl,

I am in your position too with the April 28 Ground School! I am doing my Medical ASAP.

Might see you at GS?

Andrrew

ozzybird915
6th Mar 2014, 11:52
Congratulations to you! Did you get called today? :-)

Andrewwa
6th Mar 2014, 23:39
Hey!
Yes I got called today. I am moving down from the Gold Coast. I have my medical on monday at BNE airport. Whens yours?

:).

ozzybird915
7th Mar 2014, 02:45
Awesome! I'm not going til next week, want to get a cold out my system first! Which AD did you attend?

Andrewwa
7th Mar 2014, 06:21
Ozzybird check your PM's :).

I went to an AD on FEB 26 :)

RigoBRSyd
11th Mar 2014, 04:59
Hi Andrew, Congrats

I missed the date of 26/02 in Sydney, but I got the date for tomorrow morning.
Can you give me some advices?
I really appreciate if you can help me.

Cheers,

Astara
24th Mar 2014, 20:39
Hi Andrew/Ozzybird, have either of you heard anything further since completing your medical? Have they formally offered you a spot since?

ozzybird915
24th Mar 2014, 20:44
Hey, still waiting on the call. Spoke to recruitment yesterday and apparently they're finalising the details of the training school this week and will be doing the calls this week. Hopefully!!!!!

cabin8crew
27th Mar 2014, 09:34
guys if you want some tips, for interviews or some cv tips, I uploaded few books and documents, that Im sharing for free everything at www danbas.lt
if you have any questions you can also message me PM :}

ozzybird915
28th Mar 2014, 08:11
Got the golden call guys!! So happy!!!

China1
28th Mar 2014, 08:21
Congratulations everyone who got the golden call. Well done!

Can I just ask, is this for the Sydney or Perth ground school?

ozzybird915
28th Mar 2014, 08:23
Sydney base :-)

China1
28th Mar 2014, 08:26
Ahhhh Ok.

That makes me super happy then. Hopefully Perth will be soon after.

Goodluck with everything and keep us posted on how it all goes.

You'll be great, enjoy every moment! YAY!!!

ozzybird915
28th Mar 2014, 08:28
Thankyou so much, I definitely will! Best of luck to you too, I'm sure it won't be long!!!

Andrewwa
28th Mar 2014, 08:40
Got my call!!!

jimmy94
1st May 2014, 07:45
There has been confirmed reports that Brisbane will be hiring around 50 people in June/July 2014:D:.

Who going to the 13th or 14th May requirement day for Sydney base:confused:??

Flyhigh41
2nd May 2014, 08:32
Hi all,

best of luck or congrats !

Does anyone know when they maybe hiring again for Perth Base?
There last one was Sept?Oct 2013.

Thank you

Smiley99
4th May 2014, 22:27
Hi Jimmy94,

I have applied for the SYD base but haven't received an invite as yet. Did you receive a Recruitment Day invite recently for the upcoming sessions?

Thanks! :)

differentsilver
5th May 2014, 14:04
Hi Jimmy94,

Do you know if the 50 people that Virgin will be hiring around June/July 2014 in Brisbane are for Domestic or Virgin Australia Regional, Im on hold for a ground school with Virgin Australia Regional in Brisbane So I have my Fingers Crossed its for them :).

Thanks in Advance :)

CJ2304
9th May 2014, 02:18
Hey everyone,

Got invited to attend a recruitment day for 13/14 May in Sydney. Might see some of you there...

Congrats to everybody that have already received their GC! :)

jimmy94
11th May 2014, 06:33
HI Smiley99, Yes I have received a invitation for the Recruitment Day for Sydney, they have 4 sessions over 13 and 14 May.

jimmy94
11th May 2014, 06:36
Hi differentsilver, I only know from Cabin Crew that there has email sent out saying that they may be hiring from Brisbane Domestic I don't think regional Brisbane.

mareelouise
13th May 2014, 02:39
Hi I was just wondering if anyone else is attending the recruitment day in Melbounre on the 21/05.

Would love to meet some of you.

Lucy

skyxo
18th May 2014, 14:41
Hi Lucy! I have my AD on Wednesday. I hope to meet you there :)

aussiefadreamer
20th May 2014, 05:43
Hi all, I'm thinking of applying to VA, but just have some questions..

Is there a particular type of customer service experience they look for for cabin crew? ie hospitality/hotels/retail etc?

Also is it possible to apply for roles like check in etc directly at the airports or only online?

Thanks! :ok:

jimmy94
2nd Jun 2014, 05:29
Hi aussiefadreamer

Virgin Australia definitely looks for past work experience either in Hotels, Cafes and customer service, they normally look people that have at least 2-3 years pervious customer service background.... You can only apply only thought the Virgin Australia website they don't except resumes at the airport because it has to go though there HR team and they ask you a few question when applying.... Hope this helps :)

krysha01
17th Jun 2014, 07:58
Hi guys, I'm bit confused.
I went for a interview with virgin in November 2012 and went through to the next stage and have done the online assessment and have been waiting for their response. However in feb this year I received an email letting me know I'm still in the system and that they would contact me with the second interview time for Brisbane once it has been arranged. Then I received an email today saying my application has been expired. I don't know what to do if I apply again will this happen again? has anyone have similar experience?

Andrewwa
17th Jun 2014, 09:24
I'd give them a call.

ozzybird915
17th Jun 2014, 09:37
I think we may have stopped recruiting in brisbane for a fair while, that could be why. It may just be a glitch because it's been so long. I would most definitely give recruitment a call.

aueb
17th Jun 2014, 11:17
As posted on the VA website on June 13:

" Recruitment Days for Cabin Crew will be coming up in Auckland, Christchurch, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth with training schools commencing in the near future. To secure a position at one of our upcoming Recruitment Days, apply now! "

differentsilver
17th Jun 2014, 12:47
Hey Krysha01,

I'm in the same position as you, I attended the recruitment day in November 2012 for Brisbane, got a email end of February advising that I was still on hold for future ground school then got the email today saying that my application has expired, called the office and they said they would get back to me within the next day (Tomorrow).

I'll let you know what they tell me.

marzb
18th Jun 2014, 11:25
Hey guys,
Just had my AD today, they told us that they would email results tonight.i havent got my yet. Has anyone got a email?

Michaeld15
19th Jun 2014, 00:31
Hey, I'm in the same boat as above! Went to
An AD today in MEL and didn't get an email back when they said they would last night for final interviews today? Not to
Sure who to contact or what to do?

marzb
19th Jun 2014, 07:25
Good to hear that im not the only one :(. They must of contacted people who expressly said that can make it to the 30th of june GS.

Michaeld15
19th Jun 2014, 07:31
They must have! And I know another girl too who hadnt received anything but she said she was available for the 30th of June GS! Do you recon where out or because we have for an unsecessful email we still have a chance :( I'm stessed haha

RedRobin86
20th Jun 2014, 23:24
Hey all,

I'm in a bit of a situation and I don't know what to decide.

I applied for a job with both Emirates and Virgin at the start of the year. I went through to the AD and group interviews and final interview with Emirates and have been offered a job in May. Last week, I received an invitation to attended the Virgin Australia AD (twice). I declined both, stating that I have been offered a job with Emirates but yesterday I received another email invitation from Virgin to attend the AD being held next week.

I'm not sure which airline I should go with? Should I stay Emirates or try my luck with Virgin?? I need some advice as I've never been a Cabin Crew before.

Xx

Andrewwa
22nd Jun 2014, 02:56
Depends on your situation, I'd pick VA anyday.

RedRobin86
22nd Jun 2014, 07:16
Pros? Cons?

ba90
24th Jun 2014, 03:43
Hi,

I had my 2nd AD on june 5th and passed my online test, recieved an email saying my references would be checked. My online application has changed to 'removed' yet my references were checked today???

Does anyone know if 'removed' means I failed.

Fly Bubble
25th Jun 2014, 01:33
Hi all

I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on this. I just attempted to upload my resume to the Virgin recruitment page however when it asked for me to click on my preferred base (Brisbane), this was not in the drop down menu even though it states on the current vacancy ad:

**PLEASE NOTE WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING BASES ONLY:**

CABIN CREW:
Auckland, Christchurch, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane

Many thanks for your help.

Miss F
26th Jun 2014, 02:49
Fly Bubble,

I just checked the Virgin website now and it doesn't say they are recruiting for BNE...

:) F

lebrondavis
26th Jun 2014, 03:47
Hi everyone!

Just applied for virgin australia cabin crew based in auckland nz. I want this soooo bad, only got 3 more weeks of my course studying airline customer service.

the only issue i have is my tattoos. i have one on each upper-inner parts of my arm. the short sleeves wont cover it completely but most of it. i was wondering if anyone knew the companys policy on this? If i can cover it using special tattoo makeup cover or those skin coloured sleeves to cover it?

I rang up VA headquarters and asked an ex cabin crew member. she said that she had a tattoo on her foot and she used to use the special tattoo makeup to cover it and that VA does have long sleeve tops (although i have never seen them being worn) SOOO....

can i wear the red blazer on board? can I cover it with subtle plasters and makeup? can i wear the skin coloured sleeves?

Fly Bubble
26th Jun 2014, 07:26
Thanks, Miss F :)

It seems that BNE was taken off the advertisement last night when I checked again. What a shame :(

Will just keep my eye on it and keep my fingers crossed that they start recruiting BNE in the near future.

I appreciate your reply :)

ba90
3rd Jul 2014, 04:24
Hi,

has anyone heard anything about Sydney Cabin Crew Ground School dates yet?

CCrew Wannabe
3rd Jul 2014, 23:24
Hi All

Has anyone heard of VA holding any recruitment days for the Sydney base anytime soon? I applied for cabin crew a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything as yet, but a friend of mine applied for ground staff and had an
AD on Tuesday this week. Perhaps they're doing ground then cabin crew?

Jackal717
4th Jul 2014, 00:31
They already had cabin crew assessment day in Sydney a few weeks ago.

lisajane
4th Jul 2014, 05:24
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows when VA are going to start AD's for Brisbane based crew?
Thanks!

lisajane
15th Jul 2014, 05:43
Hello All.

I have just received an invitation for BNE AD!

I am very excited! Is anyone else attending the 21st July AD?

aimeeg
17th Jul 2014, 06:21
Hi Lisajane,

I'm attending on the 22nd, very nervous!:ooh:

Frankie1980
17th Jul 2014, 06:28
Hi all,
I hope everyone is progressing well through the recruitment process! My question is about domestic vs international flying. With Virgin Australia Sydney based (current application) can/do you have a choice between flying domestic or international only?
Roughly how many days/nights are long haul and short haul away for each week?

Thanks!

k1w1chick71
17th Jul 2014, 13:33
Hi, just been invited to the PER AD! So exciting :D
Can anyone give an update from recent ADs, in regards to activities you do and questions asked? Many thanks