PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment XI

Pages : [1] 2

TightSlot
23rd Jul 2012, 08:49
Discussion thread for Wannabes - Please note and remember the following points.

The use of Text Speak is not permitted. Non-compliance will result in an immediate and permanent ban
A high standard of English Language is required. Non-compliance will result in an immediate and permanent ban
A high standard of English Grammar is required. Non-compliance will result in an immediate and permanent ban

PPRuNe and specifically this Forum are NOT, repeat NOT Social Networks (Facebook IS an example of a social network, as are MySpace and Google Plus+).

PPRuNe is intended for use by Airline employees seeking to exchange useful information and this forum exists for Wannabes to do the same.

PPRuNe is NOT intended for the exchange of excited chatter, expressions of goodwill and hope, messages about Private Messages or any of the other rubbish that has recently been polluting these threads.

These threads are a source of valuable information to those applying for jobs: Forcing others to have to wade through pointless and idle chatter relevant to only those involved to get at the necessary information is unfair, and a selfish act by those involved. Non-compliance will result in an immediate and permanent ban

anishkaya
23rd Jul 2012, 11:09
Hi everybody,

Just got my GC on Saturday :O ( together with ~20 other girls from Romania ) - DOJ 3rd of October - and I will start with the medicals.
There are 10 different vaccines required by them and I need your advise wheter I should take them before joining or upon arrival. I know that once joined, I will have to pay for all of them, no problem with that. But these vaccines - Tetanus, Typhoid, Yellow fever etc - seem to be too much to be done in a 2 month period. What do you think ? Has anybody done them so far ?

Thank you,
Ana

Bryan_EK
24th Jul 2012, 01:35
Hi everybody,

I would like to ask your suggestion for this case. I had the FI on June 25 and My online application status changed to "You will be contacted.." like 10 days ago and EK's coordinator in Vietnam informed me that i got the job. The coordinator asked me to wait for the GC to be informed with the DOJ and medical test procedure.

However, It has been more than 10 days and i havent got any official GC from EK until now. I am getting nervous now, is there any case that they will disqualified me after that stage? or is there any thing going on there? (my friends in my FI have been called)

I really really need your advise to calm down a bit.:ugh:

Good luck to all of us, finger crossed..

anishkaya
24th Jul 2012, 06:27
Hi Bryan EK,

Don't worry, YWBC means you will get the GC for sure. I got mine after 10 days since my status changed to YWBC. There are still girls in Romania who had the FI in May, YWBC on 9th of July and still waiting.

Bryan_EK
24th Jul 2012, 06:48
Dear Ana,

Thanks very much for your advice. Im getting more and more nervous everyday and I have never left my phone since the status changed. :sad:

Regarding to the Vaccines, As I have been reading this forum from the beginning, people suggested that we should all do it prior to departure to Dubai since it is going to be very expensive there and also, it will be quite hard for you to find the place for injection. For further information, you can read back at Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII page 6-7.

Good luck to you and me and all of us :ok:

KuB
24th Jul 2012, 13:08
Unless something changed recently, they will do your vaccines at the Emirates clinic when you do your medicals and it's much cheaper than it would be back home!

Wooord
26th Jul 2012, 19:08
Hi everyone!

I applied to EK, made It to FI but I got a rejection mail.
To The issue; In the mail I was told; "We do see potential In you and you are welcome to reapply In 6 months" (Instead of regular 12, witch Is a good sign)
So my questions are; Do you think they found out about my previous employer Qatar A?
(I changed my passport before attending thou) And what does It mean, "We see potential.." Why didn't they just hire me right away?

Would be elated to any helpful answer.. Cheers!

Cumulonimbo
28th Jul 2012, 10:33
Anyone could tell me how long it takes to receive an invitation after applying for an Assessment Day?

Thanks!

IrenKa
30th Jul 2012, 20:01
Hi everyone!:)

I had registered online for AD in Kiev (11-12 aug), but they did a remark, saying "Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency LALSAT" and it seems like nothing going on in LALSAT since march :confused: Am I have to wait for invitation or could I go anyway? Will appreciate any information or advice :O

PrimaveraCero
30th Jul 2012, 23:18
Irenka if it is an AD, you have to be invited previously in this case by the appointed agency.
If it is an OD you can go without an invitation.

stefinity
31st Jul 2012, 20:58
Wooord: I have heard that there is some agreement between both airlines, but i am not too sure if it is the reason for rejection. Do reapply in 6 months if you are really keen!

Bryan: I think it will be cheaper to do some in the company clinic (payable by your salary) if they can be done at a later stage.

Bryan_EK
1st Aug 2012, 01:27
IrenKa (http://www.pprune.org/members/393980-irenka): Well, i experienced this. In this case, you must find the coordinator in your home country and apply for them first. Usually, they will conduct a pre-screening (like OD) before sending you an invitation to AD (of course you will have to pay some agent fee). Usually, they will send qualified candidates only to the AD.
In the AD, they will ask you for the invitation letter and reference number (given by the coordinator) and there you go to the regular AD.

Noted: The Local coordinator has no decision toward the AD. :=

stefinity (http://www.pprune.org/members/377144-stefinity): thanks :)

PrimaveraCero
1st Aug 2012, 11:20
In my case I didnt have to pay anything at all to the appointed agency. It depends on the particular agency.

Bryan_EK
3rd Aug 2012, 04:46
Hi all,

I would like to ask for your suggestion about my case. My status changed to "You will be contacted..." for the last 4 weeks and i have not got any call or information from them so far neither the on hold mail. I contacted my local coordinator and they keep asking me to wait for their information. I dont know how long should i wait...:-S

Have any of you experienced this long waiting after the status changed?

thanks in advance

Fafi
6th Aug 2012, 02:13
Can someone tell me what are the pre requirements for Dental standards before joining Emirates ? I heard that you have to have all fillings done and wisdon teeth removed ? Is this correct ? What other standards do they have ?

Fafi :)

PrimaveraCero
6th Aug 2012, 03:19
Hello Fafi, as for your teeth they have to be good looking but they don't need to be perfect. You can't have any visible teeth missing, and wisdom teeth should be removed if they can affect your other teeth, this should be evaluated by your dentist, if they grow fine then there is no problem in keeping them.
EK requires you to get x rays so they can see if everything is ok. And as you say you have to have all fillings done.
Braces or even invisalign are not accepted, you have to finish treatment before joining.
Hope this helps!

saupeka
6th Aug 2012, 03:47
Hi, my OD is for the 23 of this month, but i have some questions...i have burns scars in my arms from years back...i can cover them with make up but they will let me do that or is a no for me....

dreams82
10th Aug 2012, 13:53
:{ to my dear friends in East africa Emirates is not coming back to nairobi,a[[arently they have enough Kenyans for now. looks like we may have to travel all they way to South africa or any other country to get a short at this. Really sad!:uhoh:

MellyBee
14th Aug 2012, 05:03
Hi all,

went to my assessment day yesterday and didn't get through. I thought I was doing quite well until I got the "unfortunately" letter. :(

When one of the recruiters was asking how I came to be in Dubai I mentioned that my dad's a pilot for Emirates and we came over from Qatar... Thought that I was just giving a little bit of history, but could this have been seen as me trying to use the fact that my dad's already with the company to get in? A kind of "dropping names" thing? I didn't intend it to be, but from an outsiders opinion is that what it could have looked like?

I'd be interested if this is something I should avoid mentioning in 6 months when I apply again.

kara jt
14th Aug 2012, 12:01
TEXT SPEAK

MissMEL
17th Aug 2012, 05:30
I am extremely interested in rejoining Emirates. I left in April 2010 after 2 full years with a clean record.

If anyone knows any info, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know the process and also the chances of getting back in.

ss0503
21st Aug 2012, 16:19
Hi,

I am considering applying to work for Emirates as cabin crew, and was wondering if any current employees could tell me a bit about how it was moving to Dubai? I find the idea of moving from the UK to Dubai really exciting, but also quite daunting, so just wondered what other peoples experiences were, did you live with other new employees, are the other members of the crew already out there friendly etc?

Thank you so much :)
Sophie

Lero4ka
22nd Aug 2012, 07:50
Dear friends i need help!
The fact is that emirates requires person to be 21+ years old at the day of joining
But i turn 21 28 of october 2012
Could you tell me please if i am able to take part in open day in Frankfurt 15 of september 2012?
I live in Russia and its a little expensive for me to travel there hence i want to minimize risks..
Will appreciate any info!;)

nge
22nd Aug 2012, 11:00
Lero4ka I believe you have to be 21 years old at the date of joining Emirates, which is the date when you will start the employment with the company. However, if you have any doubts, I think its not a bad idea to email them and verify if you can attend an open day. All the Best in your career!

Seja
23rd Aug 2012, 21:01
MissMEL, you can rejoin any time if you finished your probation period and if you had a clean record... You can e-mail the ccsc and ask for a rejoiner form, easy! You pretty much skip the whole process as far as I remember from what a friend told me!

SS, if you are interested you can read my blog, I wrote about everything (joining, training, flying, living in Dubai etc.) You can find it under selinastories.wordpress, hope it helps and gives you some insight!:ok:

Pequena_Inquieta
5th Sep 2012, 05:37
So the standards for casual photos just changed, as if I wasn't confused enough already.

"2 OR MORE CASUAL PHOTOS - OUTDOORS ON JEANS AND T-SHIRT. (Ladies, pin the back for better fitting). Must face the camera, hair down, heels. No running shoes."

Well... that doesn't look very casual to me. I'm really considering looking for a professional photographer to take these photos. :\
Does anyone know if on both photos I have to be standing up? Thanks

Lero4ka
8th Sep 2012, 13:58
And what about hair color? It'll be better natural or it might be dyed?

alina85
9th Sep 2012, 13:41
please help me with this....i want to assign for open days in germany next week but i don't have a passport. is it ok if i have only the ID from my country?

Jean001
11th Sep 2012, 17:14
Hi, i have the same puzzle, I also got rejection but they said I can reapply after 6 months instead of 12 months, pretty sad. Does anyone please tell us the reason?thank you . :sad:,

givemewings
14th Sep 2012, 13:42
Delivery constraints? Not sure what you mean by that, there's 8 more to coe by January.

QF partnership does not mean that EK will reduce flights, only that EK can sell tickets on QF and vice versa. It's a standard condeshare agreement. The only thing changing is, as you said, the routing of the QF Australia-LHR sectors going via DXB instead of SIN.

Could be that they have a lot of Aussies on the books already, EK like to even out the nationalities so if there are getting to be lots of one group they will hire into the other groups until the numbers equalise. Very normal for them and has been going on for years. They want to keep a good mix of crew from all over, not to be too dominated by one or the other nationality.

Pequena_Inquieta
15th Sep 2012, 03:59
You don't need a passport until you get the Golden Call. Like they say, you'll have plenty of time to get it after you're approved.

scottishskyboy
19th Sep 2012, 01:05
Thinking of changing from BA to Emirates as promotion prospects on BA WW are very limited :ugh:Anybody know how long it takes to get SFS/PSR at Emirates after joining? Cheers.

ojamin83
19th Sep 2012, 09:59
http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/495880-how-get-job-emirates-whole-process-living-dream.html

idreamtofly
23rd Sep 2012, 16:48
Guys, I want to know if I apply directly at the EK HQ, will they still accept me during the OD even if I can't speak and write Arabic?

proud mum
23rd Sep 2012, 21:25
Hi , Im sure that anyone applying in Dubai must be able to speak fluent arabic ,maybe you should go to AD/OD nearest your home town .my daughter has a friend who had to return to the UK from Dubai to attend AD , hope this helps anyone correct me if im wrong :)

HelloEK
24th Sep 2012, 04:28
I think there are a number of factors that influence where Emirates hold their open days. If there is a lot of interest online (applicants applying on Emirates Career website) then they are likey to hold an open day there. In the case of Melbourne, maybe there has been little interest in previous months and hence the company has not scheduled an open day.

I have noticed a big recruitment drive in Germany also which could contribute to fewer assessment days in other parts of the world as recruitment teams are tied up there.

I'm sure there will be another open day in Melbourne soon. I very much doubt a QF/EK code share agreement would impact on recruitment in Australia. If anything we may see a recruitment drive in the coming moths as EK tries to 'woo' Australian travelers

Wanderluster
24th Sep 2012, 07:31
Hi guys!

I'm wondering if it's alright to attend an OD in a different country, say in the U.S. perhaps? I'm a Filipino and Emirates hasn't held an OD here since 2009. I heard they already have too many Filipino crew. So I'm contemplating whether they would still accept me, given the fact that I'm not a U.S. citizen. I can't apply in countries near home since most of them require full fluency in specific languages. :*

KuB
24th Sep 2012, 13:23
@ Captain Bundy: Good luck with that haha.

@ idreamtofly: If it hasn't changed over the past few months, you have to be an arabic speaker if you apply directly in Dubai.

michaeljpotter
24th Sep 2012, 16:47
@ Scottish - Your looking at somewhere between 3-5 years for SFS and longer for PUR if your very good and lucky.

@ Mel - You can reapply but I would email your old CCM (if they are still there) usually the reapplication time is only up until 1 year.

@ Sesame - They're not prejudiced against americans so yes they do hire yanks.

hilarian
25th Sep 2012, 00:23
Can anyone give me any information about the male version of pictures for the interview? How should they look?

Haseeb
25th Sep 2012, 13:49
Hi

Just wanted to ask your opinions on applying to Emirates as Cabin Crew for a Male over 30? Do i have any chance?
What is the maximum age you can apply as it is unheard of anyone being recruited after the age of 35.

Pequena_Inquieta
26th Sep 2012, 01:46
Can anyone give me any information about the male version of pictures for the interview? How should they look?

Check out this blog:
http://omundoemeuquintal.********.com.br/2012/02/emirates-open-day-2012.html

Pretty much everyone in Brazil has their photos taken in the same studio in São Paulo, because it's recommended by Fly Right International for being EK standards, and they've said they would use some of the photos as sample in other countries. So if your photo looks like the one on the blog, it will be fine.
I just love that studio so much... :O

Fafi
30th Sep 2012, 15:40
Things are looking up ! OD is being held in Melbourne excatly 1 year to the date since I had my last FI . - Dec 11th

So the question I would like to know is , can i submit my application through the website a few weeks before the 12 month period is up because I wont be attending the OD untill excatly 12 months later ..?

Thanks eveyone for answering my previous questions .

@Miss F - if you check through the old forums you will find lots of tips about the OD's and FI .

@Wanderluster - if you have the means and the money to fly to another country for an OD , I say why not ? All you can do is try . I think even if they are holding an OD in a country and looking for a certain nationality , if they like you it wont matter and they will take you .

Good luck Emirates wannabes :p

bananaman2
30th Sep 2012, 15:49
Wanderluster... may I ask if your priority is to fly for Emirates (this is an Emirates wannabe forum after all!) or just to get a job as cabin crew?

I'm flying for an airline in the Phils and accept salary is not great here... however a mate of mine just got a job with Qatar Airways (after only doing 9 months experience as her first crew job with a local airline here) and I know of several ex Cebu Pac crew now flying for both Etihad and Qatar. I also have colleagues whose wives fly for Thai and Cathay. The point being none of these folk speak the local languages of the countries concerned, so I believe there are opportunities there for you. Also my mate who's about to leave for Qatar, lives in Cebu and Qatar did the entire recruitment event in Cebu, so she didn't have to travel anywhere.

Regarding your other point, if you don't have dual nationality and Emirates are intent on maintaining the required quota, then if they did catch you out applying in another country... then it would be a waste of a lot of money (unless you were have a holiday there also!)

... my 2cents worth. Hope of help.

Montreal76
4th Oct 2012, 07:15
Hasseb i was hired at 32 and they even hire at 35 ... Depends on how u present yourself ... Good luck.

fatima_malik_1985
5th Oct 2012, 08:11
Hi

I need to know when is the OD in Canada? In vancouver?

Please tell me

Thanks

Fafi
5th Oct 2012, 13:51
@Fatima_malik_85

You can just go directly to the Emirates official website and check under open days . Here is the link :

https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/CabinCrewOpenDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english

Canada, Vancouver

24-Nov-201209:00AMMetropolitan Hotel Vancouver
645 Howe Street,
Vancouver, BC V6C 2Y9
Canada Register Now (https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/cabincrewopendays.aspx?AdvNo=C157D47707BB0820)

fatima_malik_1985
6th Oct 2012, 06:32
TEXT SPEAK

macy0787
9th Oct 2012, 08:25
Hello, I have always wanted to apply for the Cabin Crew position with Emirates. However, I'm reluctant to do so considering I had a heart surgery before...a hole in the heart surgery that was done 13 years ago. I did fly with a low cost carrier few years back and passed the medical. Doctor mentioned that I am fit to fly and have no restricions.

Will my application be denied because of my past medical history?

Looking forward to your feedbacks! Thanks in advance!

Diffusion
10th Oct 2012, 06:48
@macy0787
This is from 2008

Cardiovascular Unacceptable:
History or diagnosis of:

Any significant functional or structural abnormality of the circulatory system

Angina pectoris

Coronary heart disease that has been treated or, if untreated, that has been symptomatic or clinically significant;

Myocardial infarction;

Permanent cardiac pacemaker;

Heart replacement

Any abnormality or the heart, congenital or acquired which is likely to interfere with the safe exercise of cabin crew duties

andrea_24
10th Oct 2012, 10:29
Hello, I would like to apply for the Cabin Crew position with Emirates only that there are a few things that concern me. does anyone know if face moles are permitted, as i have 2 on my face, and one of them is right above my lip. thanks in advance.

dkal
13th Oct 2012, 04:27
@andrea_24 : moles are fine , dont worry, they accept crew with moles.

Miss F
22nd Oct 2012, 07:48
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little bit of hope here. I attended my FI on Sept 30 in Perth with 4 others. All of the other 4 have had some kind of response (2 are AIP and 2 have had the GC) but the status in my portal still says "Under Review". Does anyone know of anyone having waited a long time hearing nothing and still getting the job? I felt like I did quite well in the FI...

:uhoh:Miss F

ss0503
22nd Oct 2012, 10:21
Hi,

I have just got an email from Emirates inviting me to an AD on the 6th November in London. I am going on a ski season until April, so do you think I should attend this AD, or ask them for an AD when I get back? I don't know what to do, as I really want to work for Emirates and don't want this to ruin my chances!

Thank you so much, xx

Lovelymeeh09
26th Oct 2012, 00:41
Hello,

Is it true that Emirates wants people who are mainly silent during group? It seems like people who talk are the ones who get sent home (So I've read). And what about making it through the first round. How do you make it past the first cut,is it really off looks?

skyhighdreamz
27th Oct 2012, 05:06
Ok i have overstayed my visa in the States by a year. I want to apply for Emirates they have an open day in 2 weeks in NY. I am worried they are going to question my status in the states but I am planning on leaving next month anyway. I am a brit/aussie citizen. Do you really think they will dig deep? I have been travelling around the states for a few months not working at the moment and just thought I would tell them that as it is the truth! What do you think my chances are?

skyhighdreamz
27th Oct 2012, 05:57
I believe this to be true. I went to an assessment day and after the group discussion i was dismissed. I think I came across as too domineering in the group. I had noticed that there were some loud people doing all the talking and then there were some quiet and timid people. I simply said that we should give an input to allow the quiet girls to speak cause the loud girls wouldnt let them get a word in. I thought this was teamwork - i did a cabin crew course and they had said to do this, apparently not for Emirates!!! The girls who didnt say a word were actually the ones who got in! I have heard they like more submissive type as its the middle east and we all know their stereotype of women!! But there you have it, I witnessed it with my own eyes. I am planning to go to an open day soon and I am going to try and be submissive but still show that I can work part of a team and contribute to the discussion.

TightSlot
27th Oct 2012, 07:22
skyhighdreamz

The issue will be that when you eventually leave the USA you may well never be allowed back in (due overstay). No airline that flies to the USA needs the grief that you will get every flight on arrival.

skyhighdreamz
27th Oct 2012, 07:28
Well i am fully aware of this. I know you do not HAVE to fly to the USA as a lot of crew cant not even get a visa to do so. I know of a girl who works for another middle eastern airline that had the same problem as me and she has been flying happily for them for a few years now. I believe she doesnt fly to the USA. But what im asking is if I will have a problem actually applying from the USA? Because if I did get the job I would be working in the middle east and have a visa from Emirates.

Lovelymeeh09
27th Oct 2012, 20:04
:D Thanks for a definite answer. I was actually thinking of saying something like I agree or something of that nature but it seems like (from what I have read) the ones who are quiet the whole time seem to get in. As odd as that is, I mean doesn't that come off like they have no opinion at all? But if that is what emirates likes I guess I will go for it :ok:

thefunkyfrench
29th Oct 2012, 16:13
Hello y'all!!

i've passed my final interview on the 8th of january this year, and i've seen on the Ek career website, that they are planning to come in my city on the 15th of december!! So less than a Year! but hehe only 1 month until january!! :ugh: So would you recommend to go to this next open day or should i wait one more month?

Thank you very much!!

and Congrats for all your GC!
regards

Fafi
30th Oct 2012, 08:10
Do you mean you failed the FI ? Or you passed and didn't accept the offer ? If I were you I'd not go until exactly 1 year has passed ! They make a clear specification to wait 12 months - even if you make it to the FI they will find out when you up load your C.V etc . Imagine if this went against you and you had to wait longer ? I am sure they will be coming to do an OD near you soon , perhaps email them ( i am not sure if they will reply ) or wait until you see when they are doing OD's in 2013 . I am in the same boat as you , waiting a year , fingers crossed for us both ! Did you even try to apply on the Emirates career page ? As it may still be blocked from applying .

Lovelymeeh09 - I don't think it's true that they hire people who are silent . I think they are watching your communication and team work skills . So i's say to be balanced , always listen and allow others to speak. Of coarse you will need to speak and contribute but don't be loud and domineering as its true , these people always do get eliminated .

Miss F - No news is good news so keep your hopes up , but in saying that ....... After attending my FI - most people in my group heard within 2 weeks and me , my rejection mail came at 5 .5 weeks later . Take what I say with a grain of sale though as there is still hope .

Lovelymeeh09
30th Oct 2012, 20:40
If there will be open days in 2013, when do you think Emirates will release the dates?

PrimaveraCero
31st Oct 2012, 03:13
They start releasing new dates every end of the month so in the next few days they might put up the ODs and ADs programmed for January '13, I guess.

Mr.Dubai
1st Nov 2012, 14:53
Emirates has huge expansion programs in the coming years and according to the HR , they apparently need 16,000 crew in the next 4 to 5 years.
Yes you read that right, SIXTEEN THOUSAND CREW in the next four to five years...

so if you haven't made it yet you still do stand a lot of chances in the coming years..

Don't get disheartened if it didn't work out the first time.. you still got a couple of chances more !!!

See you in emirates !!!

HelloEK
1st Nov 2012, 21:55
Emirates HR said this to you?

They have been hiring 3500-4000 cabin crew a year anyway so this figure is standard.

KuB
4th Nov 2012, 05:35
Yep those are the figures we keep hearing.

Not surprising with all the aircrafts that have been ordered and keep coming every week!

choosooyeak
5th Nov 2012, 15:32
Hi! I am Soo Yeak. Working on an airplane is always my dream since I was young. Frankly, I want to be a pilot/cabin crew badly. Unfortunately, I am a red-green colour-blind. Most of the airlines don't even consider a colour-blind applicant. :ugh:

Previously, someone in the education fair told me that there was a colour-blind succeeded in the Tiger Airway's cabin crew interview. I really hope this is a fact and not a false hope to me. I don't mind working in any small or low-cost airline. Can I still be a pilot/cabin crew?

Please kindly give me some advice or guidance. I would appreciate your precious reply very much.

Thank you. :ok:

eimin
6th Nov 2012, 09:58
Hi! I am Soo Yeak. Working on an airplane is always my dream since I was young. Frankly, I want to be a pilot/cabin crew badly. Unfortunately, I am a red-green colour-blind. Most of the airlines don't even consider a colour-blind applicant.

Previously, someone in the education fair told me that there was a colour-blind succeeded in the Tiger Airway's cabin crew interview. I really hope this is a fact and not a false hope to me. I don't mind working in any small or low-cost airline. Can I still be a pilot/cabin crew?

Please kindly give me some advice or guidance. I would appreciate your precious reply very much.

Thank you.

This is from Annex IV, known as Part MED and contains the Implementing Rules (IRs) for medical certification.

MED.B.075 (c) In the case of Class 1 medical certificates, applicants shall have normal perception of colours or be colour safe. Applicants who fail further colour perception testing shall be assessed as unfit. Applicants for a Class 1 medical certificate shall be referred to the licensing authority.

‘Colour safe’ means the ability of an applicant to readily distinguish the colours used in air navigation and correctly identify aviation coloured lights,

ss0503
6th Nov 2012, 10:20
Hi :)

I was unable to attend my assessment day in london today, does any one know how I should go about going to another one? Do I reapply to a different one online, and do I need to wait 6/12 months, or just apply to any?

Thank you :)
Sophie

givemewings
7th Nov 2012, 01:00
Soo Yeak,

ou could approach either the airline medical department, or the civil aviation body in the country of the airline you are applying to, and ask if it is permissible to take a lantern test for colour vision, rather than Ishihara plates (coloured dot picture) test. In many countries a pilot applicant failing this test is permitted to take the lantern test and many pass this one.

Best to do would be to approach an opthalmologist to determine your level of visual acuity and colour blindness (if you have not already) and see where you sit on the scale when compared to the minimum acceptable for each airline.

Some are stricter than others depending on the overseeing government body.

Good luck.

zg87
14th Nov 2012, 15:07
There is assessment day in Zagreb, Croatia on saturday and I was wondering, do you have to apply online before showing up there? There is an application form on their website for cabine crew and it has few steps like introduction, why you want to work for them etc...I'm sure you know.

So, is that necessary or...? Thank you!

PrimaveraCero
14th Nov 2012, 19:33
You must apply to get an invitation if it is an assessment, but you dont need to do it for an open day.

Highlikewhoa
15th Nov 2012, 04:57
Hey everyone.
I'm attending the open day in NYC on December 1st.
I would like to think I'm qualified for the position; I have customer service experience, I speak a few languages, ect. I'm a decent looking guy but I'm a bit chubby. I've been working on getting my BMI down to normal but I still have about 5-7 kilos to go. How strict are they on this? Certainly won't know my BMI until I get my medical test which would be way after the FI (assuming that I made it that far). Does anyone know anything about how strict they really are?
haha I know it's a silly question but I'm regardless a bit concerned.
Thanks for any feedback.

Christie89
20th Nov 2012, 06:01
Chatter - Banned

JewelF
21st Nov 2012, 01:36
Can anyone shine some light on why Emirates has not returned to certain countries since 2011 and their open day dates for December does not have these countries listed? Its a strange thing as I know they usually come to my country ATLEAST once a year but 2012, a no show. What's going on?

michaeljpotter
25th Nov 2012, 00:48
@ Soo Yeak.

It's highly unfortunate that your red/green c.b. unfortunately in aviation colour is quite a big thing. For cabin crew for example the MCL indicator lights are all based on colours e.g. Red for cockpit
For Flight Deck a lot of the displays are colour oriented for ease.

Don't give up on what you want to do, as said before "if there is a will there is a way. Maybe you wouldn't be able to fly commercially but perhaps flight instruction for example or so on and so forth. I'd recommend contacting an AME for better clarification.

All the best :)

@ Jewel - saturation of nationalities would be my guess.

PrimaveraCero
25th Nov 2012, 17:53
Chatter - Banned

helya
26th Nov 2012, 08:26
TEXT SPEAK

HPSOV L
26th Nov 2012, 20:01
Does anyone know when Emirates will interview in Korea again?

Sof_2012
28th Nov 2012, 19:20
Hey, spent a long time reading through all the old threads...so much brilliant information! I attended an Open Day with a friend this past weekend, and unfortunately didnt even make it past the first round...so really just looking for as many tips as possible regarding how best to be noticed, to stand out and to get through.

We were both pretty quiet, and dressed the part, with CV's and photographs well prepared. Before we go to another one and try our luck again in the New Year sometime, we just want to make sure we are trying our absolute best and doing everything possible!

The OD was in the UK, and around 60 people attended.

Thanks in advance :)

jg126
28th Nov 2012, 20:25
Chatter - Banned

pakiali81
29th Nov 2012, 05:36
Chatter - Banned

NewZealand2
8th Dec 2012, 19:52
Can someone confirm 100% that you can just show up to an open day without applying online?
My house mate applied online at the same time as me and already received an invite, but I haven't got anything. I'm thinking of just going anyway?
I'm specifically talking about the Auckland OD.

Thanks for your help.

I_Love_EK
9th Dec 2012, 02:35
Yes, you're right. No invitation required. You can just attend with your resume and photographs as required.

Ahmed.K
17th Dec 2012, 01:56
hello guys ,, anyone gonna attend the open day in egypt this month ?
in alex or sharm ...

if there's anyone , feel free to send me PVT msg .

scarlett24
17th Dec 2012, 20:58
Hi Guys!

I am going to attend an Open Day next week. I have never attended open days, was always going straight to Assesment Days. I know this kind of question has been asked thousands times, but I cant find all the information I need. Hope someone can help.
First of all how longdoes OD usually last? Is it only CV dropping and small chat or is it a whole day event? And if you pass this initial stage do they invite you for AD the next day or is it all on the same day? The reason I am asking is that my work is going to be quite tough these days and it will not be possible to get 2 days off, even 1 is going to be a problem, so I need to know exactly which day to take off.
Second-what esle to you need to have on OD apart from your CV? Do you need to bring it all with you-the casual photos, the business attire photos, copies of the certificates, etc?
Thank you all very much in advance

Ahmed.K
18th Dec 2012, 03:31
first of all , wish you the best of luck ..

Open day [ CV Drop only ]
assessment day usually the day after OD.

BUT in some cases IF only around 50s people show up to attend the OD . the recruiters can skip the open day stage and go direct for assessment .

but i don't think that gonna happen in Alexandria , because there will be A LOT
of candidates .

all you need to bring to OD is your CV, Passport size & Full length photographs . you don't need anything else for this stage . of course you will be wearing a business attire . it will be only a short chit chat , like whats your name , how old are you and where do you work . and if you'll be successful you'll receive a message ( SMS ) or a phone call advising you to attend the assessment day which will be the next day .

wish you the best of luck ..

leila57
18th Dec 2012, 13:34
Hi y'all

I'm a french girl who lives in Austin Tx as an au pair and I saw on Emirates web site that they have an OD in dallas so I'm going to try!
My english is.. OK lol so could anyone give me some tips to prepare my interview like questions who could be asking... and does anyone go in Emirates OD in Dallas on january 5th ?

thanks in advance ;)

Ahmed.K
19th Dec 2012, 07:01
send me your e-mail in PVT . will send you some documents will help you :ok::ok:

wish you good luck in your OD

scarlett24
19th Dec 2012, 17:05
Thank you very much Ahmed.
I am going to the one in Sharm. So there will be not many people. The timing is not good for Sharm, as it is Christmas and New Year and we are all very busy here with the tourists. My only problem is to take the day off. I was thinking to take the day next to the OD, in case they will call me for th AD. But now I am thinking to take the OD off, because there will not be more than 50 people anyway.
I am so confused really.
Thank you very much anyway. Are you going to the one in Alex then?

Durban girl
19th Dec 2012, 17:25
Hi all,

Does anyone know of someone who was successful in re-joining emirates? I contacted the cabin crew service centre asking for the necessary forms 2 weeks ago and I still havent received anything. What are the criteria necessary to rejoin?

Thanks

dream_to_fly
20th Dec 2012, 02:50
Hi guys!

It's been a while since I've posted something on here. I just have a quick question for those who are cc for ek right now and if you guys know they are still putting mostly 'male' applicants on hold after the FI?

I have been to 3 EK open days and have made it to the FI twice and twice to be rejected via email (which totally sucks).

Now that my 1 year is almost up in March, I just want to know what is the situation with ek right now? I know they are still needing crew for the rest of the year but I'm just a bit deflated to be rejected twice in the FI. Not to mention I am getting older and will be reaching the age of 27!!

Any further information (and encouragement) would help!

Kind regard and God bless :ok:

Ahmed.K
20th Dec 2012, 07:49
hi dear ,

I'm going to attend the one in Sharm .

and i believe the first day will be assessment , because as you just said there wont be many people ...

in the mid of the AD they will ask us if there's anyone have to go to work or anything ..
so, they can put them in the other group .. to finish faster .

but usually the full AD ends around 6 pm .

and for the Final interview , there will be more than 1 day .. you can choose from . also different hours in each day ..

if you have any Questions , just ask . i will be more than glad to help you out ^^

wish us the best luck

Ahmed.K
20th Dec 2012, 07:56
hey mate ,
how are you .. i'm very sorry to hear that you've been rejected for 2 times ..

well , i've been rejected several times too myself .. my 1 year period just ended last month , so i'm gonna attend the next OD AGAIN .

because as your name sais , you dream to fly . so never give up on your dream ..
don't care about age , and don't think too much about that .. just do your best and hope for the best .

about the ON hold or males , its because the training college is full ATM . but i know some males got their GC and will be flying next month .

as you know , we don't really know what's going on with EK . how they pick people up or how they even think :} lol , believe me . I'VE SEEN SO MANY :sad: .. but one thing you must be sure of .. is YOU . don't give up mate . just do your best , practice , prepare , get ready . see what have you done wrong the last couple of time , and try to improve it . but don't give up .

lets just hope for the best , because that's what we wanna do . so lets do it :ok:

i wish you the best of luck my friend . and i believe in you :ok:

liftsifter
24th Dec 2012, 17:32
Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone have any information about joining EK with a student loan?

Thanks!

Nicole South Africa
26th Dec 2012, 18:08
Hi everyone! :)

Does anyone know what 'You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest' ???

Is it good news?

airbornesyd
27th Dec 2012, 05:40
Durbangirl - I was with EK for 6 years and resigned in May. I know in my exit interview my manager made a note of 'recommended for rejoining'. I called CCSC and I'm now waiting as well. That was in Oct.

I can only imagine how many crew they have reapplying, and I think there is only one person who handles the applications initially :ugh:

Durban girl
27th Dec 2012, 07:41
Glad to know its not just me! My manager also recommended me for re-joining so Im hoping it means we have a good chance of being able to re-join! Im just concerned about going outside the time period required. I resigned in August and I heard that if you resign within 6 months then you are not required to undergo the full training. Any idea? Would love to hear about your progress, please keep me updated :ok:

givemewings
27th Dec 2012, 11:48
Flew with a rejoiner recently, they said something about if you rejoin more than a year after your resign date, you start over with regards to staff number and grade/seniorority. Could be outdated though. They also said it took the company about a year from when she contacted them until they completed all the process and she flew to DXB the second time.

As you say it all depends on past record, company requirements and the reason you left in the first place (Almost all of the re joiners I have met had to leave for family reasons)

Durban girl
27th Dec 2012, 15:22
Hello,

Thanks for the info! Any idea how long he/she had resigned for before re-joining? I left in august for family reasons and really want to try re-join. I am surprised it takes so long to just get the forms. Holding thumbs i wont have to wait a whole year to hear anything :ugh:

Fire_fly
27th Dec 2012, 21:30
Hey guys I've got a couple of questions regarding recruitment.

I've been interested in joining EK for a while but as I'm still at college till May but thinking of applying quite soon after leaving as I've a bit of customer service experience already and thought I'd chance my arm. Have they been known to take college leavers or do they prefer people to have a full time job before hand??

There is a OD in my country in January however would this be too soon to attend as I don't finish college till May so even if I did get lucky would it be pointless to attend???

liftsifter
29th Dec 2012, 20:30
^ I heard you can let the recruiter know that you can't join until a certain date and that will be taken into account. As of now, they have crew joining lined up until April! So by the time they approve you, you might have a few months to wait before you can even get to Dubai.

R2jumpseat
2nd Jan 2013, 04:34
I am just wondering when you go through the AD stages and you receive the paper that you didn't make it to the next stage, what does the paper actually say?

abesha
3rd Jan 2013, 02:49
Hi everybody

I am going to attend the next OD in canada. I am wondering if anybody can tell me what is actually the salary (monthly + allowance) of a flight attendant with EK? Can we save a lot of money while working there?

I am not going to Dubai to spend money for fun or having party everyday off. I will keep my expenses to the minimum. I want to make money and save it. Can anyone tell me about that?

Thank you

givemewings
4th Jan 2013, 17:03
As far as I am aware your medical test is valid only for 6 months. So if you could not join within 6 months of starting the process I would not bother wasting the time. Wait until you have a month or two left of the course, then apply. Or they will just tell you to come back later.

Abesha, the amounts of pay are on the web site, you can calculate it by the basic plus the flying hours. They vary by fleet but you would do between 70 (rare) and 110 or so hours (chock to chock is paid, not total duty) a month. Reserve month (every 7 months) varies either very busy or not at all)

Plus you would get allowances at outstation on layovers but it depends how disciplined you are as to whether you could rely on those.

To be very honest it's hard to save at the start but once you are settled in (after 6 months or so) very possible to save especially if you stay away from clubs/partying every night off etc)

It also depends on your personal finances. If you already have debt it will be harder to save until you pay it off, since it doesn't makes sense to save when you have debt.

Faaris
4th Jan 2013, 21:01
Pay scale: Grade II: Basic Monthly Salary AED 4020/- tax free in the UAE
Flying Pay: Is paid on an hourly basis, between chocks off and chocks on.
Grade II AED 55.00
Senior Flight Steward/ess AED 83.50
Grade I AED 61.50
Purser AED 89.50
Grade I (First Class) AED 67.50
Flying pay is paid in the month following accrual.
Layover Expenses: Meal allowances are paid in the currency of the country of night stop. Transport to & from the airport, and hotel accommodation is provided by the company.

Advance Money: Upon reaching Dubai, each new joiner receives AED 2500. AED 2000 will be deducted from crew salary in instalments over the first two months. The additional AED 500 can be used towards purchases for incidentals, i.e. iron, kettle, or toaster. Bringing of additional initial funds to Dubai is advisable due to the increasing prices of basic goods and services in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

US$ 1 = Dh 3.66.

Hope that helps ;)

Salahadin
8th Jan 2013, 14:45
Hello everybody again,

I was rejected in 2012 Early March after OD and final interview in January 2012 with no explanation.

Today I receive a reconfirmation of interest email from Emirates stating that I may be fitted in coming 4-6 months training courses but only after sending additional pictures and signed image and uniform declaration.

Can somebody tell me if he/she went through the reconfirmation of interest process?

I suspect I have to do medicals and send them if again they like the pictures.
What do I have to expect with this reconfirmation of interest and what are my chances?

I am a man for the record :)))

Thanks

Ruguru
15th Jan 2013, 07:34
Emirates have not been to Kenya the whole of 2012 and as of now they have not listed Kenya on their AD list, so we continue with life and if they decide to recruit we shall apply.:ugh:

ARNSpoty
15th Jan 2013, 09:28
Flying Pay: Is paid on an hourly basis, between chocks off and chocks on.

So preparing and sealing off cabin is unpaid? guess i'll get onboard then when the passengers do :E
Is that the same for flight deck crew?

DuneMentat
15th Jan 2013, 09:57
Yup Flight Deck is paid the same way from Off to On Chocks. But remember you are still paid your basic salary as well so i guess it's fair the company expect you to do some work for that money :ugh:.

DM

Sailboard
15th Jan 2013, 10:34
TEXT SPEAK

alina85
15th Jan 2013, 18:51
hello everyone...i have participated at an OD on 15th of Sept, but i didn't pass....my question is, can I participate at an OD on 13th of March,or should I wait after the date of 15th to have exactly six month

Anelise
18th Jan 2013, 01:14
Hi everyone,

I applied for Emirates via their website and received an email today about an invitation to their 'open day'. Although it is everywhere but Sydney (which is where I am).

Does anyone know when they might be holding one in Sydney? Or is there a number / email i could contact? I tried to reply to the email address they gave me but it failed to send.

Any help on this would be really appreciated!!

Faaris
18th Jan 2013, 06:34
Hey guys,

Does anyone knows in the assessment day, how do they inform you when you were not successful after the English test? They tell you verbally or its the same via 'the ticket' ?

Thank you very much

alina85
18th Jan 2013, 17:25
each step of the interview ends with the "congratulations" or " unfortunately" ticket, including the English test; their politic is not to give you any feedback.

Faaris
18th Jan 2013, 20:48
Thanks a lot for the answer :)

seetheworld33
22nd Jan 2013, 06:37
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some information in how to go about applying to be part of the cabin crew.
Do I need any qualifications or certificates or anything before applying?
Is it true that if you work with Emirates that you are required to live in Dubai?

What is life of a cabin crew member like?

Thanks in advance,

Jake

joelhuds
31st Jan 2013, 22:08
Has anybody joined EK from BA? Or could anybody tell me do EK look favourably on current cabin crew employed with a flag carrier airline such as BA?

Flying Sugar
3rd Feb 2013, 16:38
Hi Everyone!

I have gone through this thread but found no comments about age restrictions. Is there any restriction to hire people on their early 40's for cabin crew? I'm fit, swim 1km every day, excellent health condition, look 10 years younger (really!) but didn't get shortlisted in my first OD held last month. Would have that been due to my age?

Another question: Taking a First Aid training would help me to land a cabin crew job at Emirates?

Thankyou!

Flying Sugar
4th Feb 2013, 21:06
Hi everyone, I've got other question and I hope it can be answered.

Emirates conducts Open Days, scheduled long in advance. Those who succeed in OD are invited over Assessment Day and so on. However, I've noticed that the Company schedules Assessment Days not connected to a previous OD.

How does it really work having a AD not directly connected to a previous OD? I learn that ADs are upon invitation only. But, we can tell from the released schedule that besides the "time" column there is a "register here" link. Does that mean that any person can register for the AD?

Please, how does it really work? Thank you again for your answers!

Faaris
6th Feb 2013, 05:44
Hey!

There are 3 ways (if I'm not mistaken) to participate at an assessment day with Emirates :
1. Like you said, first to go to an OD and then called back for an assessment day
2. Applying directly on the Emirates website (at the Emirates Group Careers Center)
3. In some countries Emirates has delegated some local recruitment companies to make a preliminary selection of candidates (because of the large number of people who attend the interviews). After you pass this selection, you are automatically selected for an Assessment Day with the Emirates Recruitment team. This Assessment days scheduled by them have nothing to do with an OD.
Note : If you hit "Global Assessment Centers" in their website you will see under each locations a note that sounds something like this """Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency ...."""

Hope my answer helps
If you have any other question feel free to ask :)

Dannah
9th Feb 2013, 02:31
hi everyone!

So, I'm planning on attending an open day next month, but am having issues figure out what size photos i should plan on bringing with me to the open day. Do the passport sized photos have to be legit, and done in a studio?

Thanks! I've been trying to figure this stuff out with no luck, so i figured posting it may do me some good.

also, if anyone has any tips for the actual day, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks, hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Faaris
9th Feb 2013, 16:57
""but am having issues figure out what size photos i should plan on bringing with me to the open day""

For an OD you need one full body photo (dimensions 10cm x 15cm or 4"x6" ). Plain background with no props - preferably a light background to complement your Business Attire.

You also need to bring passport photos (dimensions 4.5cm x 5.5cm or 1.5"x2")

""Do the passport sized photos have to be legit, and done in a studio?""

They mention that the photos should not be Polaroid. That's the only remark they made on this subject.

""if anyone has any tips for the actual day, that would be much appreciated!""

They rejected people who spoke 3 or 4 languages or super models or people who had a strong background in terms of customer relations.. My personal advice to you is to smile and be diplomatic (from the moment you set foot into the building until you exit). The rest is pure luck :)

Hope you have the best of luck ;)

suzlincon
14th Feb 2013, 11:06
I registered for job alerts on the EK site emiratesgroupcareers.

I attended an OD on 9th Feb and was given call later that day to attend AD on 10th Feb.

I was then selected and given a Ref number (33) and invited to attend FI on 12th Feb.
Before I attended for FI I was required to take an online test sent to my email addy.
I also had to take to the FI a set of formal and casual photos along with 6 passport type photos and a further copy CV.

I did all this and the interview lasted around 30 mins with the girl selecting my photos and asking a few questions about my current employment etc. Quite relaxed.
Then she said I should hear from them within 4 - 6 weeks. My CV had to be sent from my email account to the cabincrewrec address when I got home.

I returned home and got the Documents Checklist Form out for the email address and sent off my copy of CV with the girls name in subject line as I guessed she would be the RC.
I enclosed the Ref number (33) as given to me on AD.

*** would the above be correct? ***

Also I noticed on the Documents Checklist a paragraph that says " an online application must be made available on our recruitment web site before your file can be submitted for review....."

I am now in a panic/confused.... Do I still need to apply online for the job at emiratesgroupcareers website ??
If so, how does that application 'marry up' with the photos, documents, CV etc already given to recruiter ??

Can anyone please provide definitive answer to this ?

Finally, the cabincrewrec email addy..... if the recruiters name is put in subject line...is that a way to contact her directly should I need to advise her when / if I complete the online application?

Confused dot com!!!

HelloEK
16th Feb 2013, 01:02
Well done on getting the final interview! May I ask what your career background is? You must be an outstanding candidate if they are hiring at 32 :-)

cley_babe
16th Feb 2013, 11:35
Hi everyone!

I would just like to ask if it is true that EK and QR have an agreement of not accepting applicants from both parties? That there has to be a gap of 6months or 1year? Is this true? I use to work for QR for more than a year. Now, I am thinking of applying in EK.

I need your help, please!

Thank you!

Faaris
17th Feb 2013, 17:46
I would just like to ask if it is true that EK and QR have an agreement of not accepting applicants from both parties? That there has to be a gap of 6months or 1year? Is this true?

Officially no. When you sign the contract with QR, its not mention anywhere in the contract that you are forbidden to work for EK or any other airline after you resign (or if you are dismissed) from QR. The source of this information is a newly CC with QR who signed a contract with them aprox. 2 months ago.

I use to work for QR for more than a year. Now, I am thinking of applying in EK.
When you signed the contract you must have been read it carefully right? Unofficially there are speculations based on the fact that a low number of ex CC's with QR have made it to EK the minute they left QR. Again, these are only speculations.

givemewings
18th Feb 2013, 06:43
If it has been more than 12 months since you resigned from QR then you can apply for EK. If under 12 months then EK will not hire you. That is direct from the mouth of an RO in EK headquarters, within the last few months.

zarah.k
23rd Feb 2013, 14:34
You don't need to be trained in First Aid. You will be trained here. There is an unwritten rule of about 35. But this is not common. Most crew are less than 25 when recruited.

zarah.k
23rd Feb 2013, 14:36
You need to be fluent in English for the job no matter where you are recruited. If it's just about the accent, it shouldn't be a problem.

bainabus87
25th Feb 2013, 15:55
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I went to an OD on the 6.6.12 and got through to the FI and my the status of my application has been in 'Approval In Progress' since the FI. It wasn't until the 10.11.12 that I got an email saying 'that due to full training schools and specific operational requirements we are unable to go ahead with a formal offer of employment and will be placing your application on temporary hold for 3 months. After which we hope to be able to offer you a position.'

That three months ended on the 10.2.13 and haven't received any correspondence yet. I was wondering if anyone could help me out and let me know what normally happens next.

Thank you.

Faaris
2nd Mar 2013, 10:53
Hy all,

Went to an OD in Amsterdam today. The attendance was much more than expected. The recruitment team (composed by 3 nice ladies : Chelsea - from Australia, Elena - from Spain, Ester from Holland) didn't expect so many people (they only put up 100 chairs); 200-220 people showed up.
About 20% of the people present were from all over the world (Indonesia, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Korea and so on).

The presentation lasted about 2 hours (between 9 AM and 11) - questions included (and there were a lot of questions hehehe)

I'm not 100% satisfied with my performance but what can you say...hope dies last :)

I'll keep you posted if somehow by a miracle I advance to the AD ;)

imissflying
7th Mar 2013, 01:28
hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who passed the interview process with braces? I am prepared to tell them next month that my braces come off in June which is when I'll be able to leave. I am a little worried though.

just wanted to know if they would be lenient in a situation such as mine.

thanks.

Daenerys
7th Mar 2013, 20:46
Well I read something here once about it: seems that EK doesn't accept braces.
They explained here, if someone had braces, could not apply to the AD until take it off.
But maybe I'm wrong. Let's just wait for someone who knows something.

chapps25
26th Mar 2013, 10:27
Hello, I am really interested at applying and getting a job with emirates! However I live in Adelaide and have only noticed dates for open days in other cites. Does anyone know if they host assesment days or open days in Adelaide? :)

KuB
30th Mar 2013, 12:58
They have in the past for sure and they probably will again in a not too far future. They like touring Australia :)

givemewings
4th Apr 2013, 18:59
Braces are not allowed.

MellyBee
9th Apr 2013, 13:11
I applied for Emirates last year in August, submitted an application online and was invited to an assessment day here in Dubai.
I didn't make it to the FI, so have literally been counting down the months until I can apply again.

So anyways, I can finally reapply. Went onto the EKgroupcareers website and altered my application with a new cover letter, photos and a new reference and clicked submit.

Was this the right way of going about it? After clicking submit, the status of my application is still set to "not successful", but I can only seem to edit my old application instead of starting a new one. Will my new/edited application be considered?

EDIT: Think I found my answer, turns out the FAQs are pretty helpful ;)
If anyone does have any tips or anything further to offer for a 2nd time applicant I would be so grateful for any advice at all. Cheers.

samantha_rookes
12th Apr 2013, 21:47
Please help.....

Hi all,

I'm going to an open day tomorrow for Emirates and wonder what to wear and how to have my hair?
I was going to go for a smart casual look with my hair down as it is an open day...
But am now thinking this is maybe not such a good idea??

Any advice for the day would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

An excited and nervous

Sammi :-)

aueb
22nd Apr 2013, 11:11
Anyone aware of a freeze on male cabin crew recruitment?

Hns131
23rd Apr 2013, 02:58
Hi, Just wanted to confirm that you need to be 21 when applying. I'm currently 20 years of age. I turn 21 in January of 2014. Do I need to wait until the day I turn 21?
:(

TatianaJ
26th Apr 2013, 15:21
Hi, I need help ASAP !!!
I would like to ask if it is necessary to register online for Open day before going there?
What else do I need to bring, what kind of photos, documents ?

If anybody can help ASAP would be great as my OD is tomorrow.

Thanks lot.

ryan_sharara
27th Apr 2013, 03:58
@ HNS131
Hi, You Can attend an OD/AD/FI if you have six months to go to your 21st birthday; So July 2013 is your earliest. I am currently 20 years of age and managed to go through the FI; still waiting.

@ Tatiana J
You should fill the online application and just register (you wont lose anything). Get your CV, and the pictures. Hope you do good! goodluck

Cheers
RS

seiya880
27th Apr 2013, 17:35
Hi everyone,
since I've used this forum so much, I just wanted to give something (although, unfortunately for me, very little) back.

I've attended today the Open Day in Malpensa, Italy. The event was held at the Sheraton hotel just in front of the airport, where Emirates cabin crews stay during layovers.
We were around 250 people, mostly women of course, men were around 20%. Most of us had business attires, some came with jeans and sweaters. For ODs, business attire is not mandatory, it is for the next phase. But I guess a good first impression can go in your favour.
At the beginning, in the conference room hall, Francesca, a former flight attendant, gather us and gave us to things: one was the "Cabin Crew Terms and Conditions", a three pages paper about life as a Emirates cabin crew, how much you earn, all your privileges, and Dubai lifestyle. We could take this home with us.
The other thing was a form where we had to put are names, phone number and other things. One thing was our Application Number, the one you get when you first apply on the Emirates website. It was't mandatory, but it's better if you take note of it before attending an OD. Also bring a pen (I didn't have it), so you can fill out this form!
Then we went inside the conference room where Francesca explained the life of a flight attendant, the good and the bad things. We watched several videos about the company and Dubai. Then another former FA from Turkey explained a few more things.
When this presentation was over, someone asked a few questions and then they started collecting the CV and pictures (one passport size, one 10X15cm full length, but not mandatory). They called us one by one and they asked very simple questions (are you currently working, why do you wanna leave your job, how did you get here today, do you have any tattoos, have you been interview by Emirates before) and that was it.
If you were selected, they would have called you before 7pm (it all started at 9am) and you would have to come back the day after for the real thing.
The atmosphere was very relaxed and the two girls were very nice and funny, so it was an amazing experience, even though I didn't get the call.

Fire_fly
30th Apr 2013, 22:06
I had the exact same experience more or less in Dublin on the 28th, about 20% maybe less were guys, probably only 100 applicants.

Also didn't get a call :( But apparently not a single guy made it to AD and other forums have suggested EK don't want guys at the moment.

So frustrating having to wait 6 months to reapply. :ugh:

seiya880
3rd May 2013, 06:46
I'm beginning to fear the same thing, they're not hiring guys anymore. Cause I spoke with a French guy who was there at the OD with me, I cannot think of a single reason why they didn't call him back. I'm 32 so probably I'm too old for this, but he's 24 and has a beautiful CV, and yet no call.

But I can understand this, an Emirates girl FA can be recognized from a mile away, thanks to the uniform, but a guy FA cannot. They are the face of the company. It's sad that we want to do so badly probably the only job where men are "discriminated" in favour of women :(

Fire_fly
3rd May 2013, 09:43
I thought the same thing actually, one of the few jobs in the world where men are discriminated against in favour of women.

Also same with the Nottingham OD like 3/4 weeks ago, no men made the AD from that either.

Hopefully this is just a brief thing with EK, like they need more women at the moment but hopefully will recruit men again in the future. :{

Cabincrew777
12th May 2013, 21:37
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

cabincrew380
13th May 2013, 09:42
Hello everyone

I resigned from Emirates for another opportunity about a year ago and I would like to rejoin.

What do you think about my chances ?
Can I be honest with them when they ask about the reason ?
Why did you leave ?

Thanks for your feedback

cawfee
19th May 2013, 00:33
I attended an OD in the USA and was one of four men who made it to AD and then one of two who made it to the FI.

On AD, I noticed that the status on my online application was changed to "Not Shortlisted" and at my FI, the Recruitment Officer said not to worry about it, that there was a recent system upgrade and they were having some trouble with it.

It's been two weeks since I submitted the only document I was missing at my FI. I haven't received any confirmation to my emails, and I even resent my documents just in case.

One of the women who I had the FI with already is in AIP status; she submitted the last of her documents about a week before me.

First, does anyone have any insight on the "not shortlisted" status and whether I need to worry about it? Second, does anyone have a phone number to the cabin crew recruiting office? I thought I might just phone them to get clarification, since there haven't been any replies to my email messages.

Thanks in advance!

cyprienb
8th Jun 2013, 03:56
Hi everyone.

I am really stressed since my FI 10 days ago. We were more than 300 i passed all the steps till the FI. But since yesterday i can t close my eyes :( i passed the FI and they kindly asked me to do again my essay (lol to tell you the truth i didn t manage my time during the assesment day so i gave them a blank essay lol ) anyway! Few hours after i received a call from emirates recruiter inviting me to come back again tommorow . I did ! She kindly asked me to pass an IQ test. I was the only one :( that s why i m more stressed do you think it s a positif or a bad think :( i was the only one of the 6 :( few days before i updated my profile on ek website i received yesterday a confirmation by email of the updating and my status is Applied. One of our group already received her GC :( if anyone can rassure me or giving me previous feedback i will be really happy and i will really appreciate

michaeljpotter
8th Jun 2013, 09:46
@CC380 - If you resigned this information should be fairly familiar to you.

Within 1 year, good record? Explain the reasons as to why you left - get in contact with your old CCM.

The rest is up to them.

Miss F
10th Jun 2013, 02:19
Hi cyprienb,

I had to wait for 5 1/2 weeks before I received an outcome to my FI and I was unsuccessful. Those 5 1/2 weeks were the most stressful of my life! I had to find other ways of occupying my time and mind to not think about it. As difficult as it is, you just have to wait it out and accept that you have done all you possibly can for your application. I checked the recruitment portal at least twice daily and kept in contact with the others who had their FI on the same day. As hard as it is, you also need to not put your life on hold for the waiting process.

I spent a lot of that 5 1/2 weeks in the gym and in the boxing classes trying to vent my frustration at the waiting game! Now I am part of a new waiting game... waiting 12 months before I can reapply.

Hope this helps.
:)F

cabincrew380
11th Jun 2013, 20:43
Thank you michaeljpotter (http://www.pprune.org/members/245384-michaeljpotter) for your reply, I already did but they said NO, you know they do not provide feedback but I believe it is the age thing !! MiSS F keep trying you will be there, just give it another try or meanwhile try Qatar Airways or Etihad ..
Good Luck to all of you wannabes

givemewings
12th Jun 2013, 12:52
Miss F, bide your time, reapply and use the time to better your position as an applicant (eg what areas were a bit thin on your resume- experience? Skills?)

If you do go for other airlines, as a fellow Aussie I would say AVOID Qatar. I know many who went and none of them are happy. It is too restrictive for those of us who grew up with the Aussie way of life. Every single Aussie I know in QR couldn't wait to get out. And once you work for them, you must wait 12 months before you can apply for EK. Keep this in mind.

CC380- if they say no, they say no. Not much you can do. I have met a few rejoiners recently, but I think almost all left due to illness or death in the family...

oiseaudenuit
14th Jun 2013, 22:47
what's the difference between an open day ans and EMIRATES GLOBAL AS?

Faaris
15th Jun 2013, 07:01
"""what's the difference between an open day ans and EMIRATES GLOBAL AS?""""

Open Day = its a day in the Emirates Recruitment calendar in which they go in different parts of the world to meet possible (and eventually) future cabin crew candidates. You basically attend this types of interview sessions by meet & greet the recruiters on the spot (you only need your resume and a photo)
If you get selected, you'll get a text msg/ call from the Recruiters in the same day, inviting you to attend the Assessment Day.

Future Emirates Open Days are listed here (https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/CabinCrewOpenDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english)

Global Assessment Day = its a day in the Emirates Recruitment calendar in which they evaluate possible (and eventually) future cabin crew candidates. It might last 1 or 2 days (depending on the number of candidates)

The difference between an 'open day' and an 'assessment day' is that you can only attend an assessment day after you get an invitation from the Recruitment Team or after you pass the preliminary selection with an appointed recruitment company that's working with Emirates in the country you wish to attend.

Future Emirates Assessment Days are listed here
(https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/careersonlineapps/CC_OPENDAYS/GlobalAssesmentDays.aspx?j=f&pub=/english)
Have a nice day and good luck :ok:

Skywards777
17th Jun 2013, 03:52
Hi All,

Sorry if these questions have been asked previously, but some guidance on the following matters would be appreciated.

+ How quickly do the UK Global Assessment Days fill up?

+ During section 4 of the online application, it asks about tertiary education - I take it that means college and above? Since I completed my A-Levels, that would mean I would select 'Certificate' from the drop down list, correct?

+ Section 7 is the two photos - are these pictures of you suited and booted? I'm currently down under until early August (and wanted to go on the GAD on the 8/8/13 in Manchester). Would it best to have casual photos or wait until I'm home and get some pictures in my suit?

Thanks for your help,

Sam

EKova3
28th Jun 2013, 10:57
I've been working for EK for the last 3 years. What I can tell you is that this job is what you make it. There are many opportunities and challenges. When you start the process of OD, FI ,meds ,flying to dxb and all this can be very exciting. Remember that being a cabin crew is also hard work. yes not rocket science as the saying goes but its hard on the body and often the mind.You will be under appreciated from pax and company and would have to self motivate.

I went through from OD to FI twice and was hired twice , yes you read correctly. Its an amazing process. good luck to all. see you in dubai

EKova3
28th Jun 2013, 11:00
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

Estelle0304
16th Jul 2013, 23:48
Hi guys, can I please put your worries "to bed" about the above. I'm an ex employee and waited a long time before I heard from the HR when I joined.

It's now a huge company and yes you might have to wait a while, maybe 3 or 4 weeks, before you hear from them. Remember they've a lot of other candidates to process.

If you can learn a bit of patience because you'll have to have loads of it when you eventually get to Dubai. It's all about the 'paperwork'. But once you get there you'll have a ball- however remember there are rules-you are a guest in this country don't ever forget that. Look up all you can on the internet and do your research to where you'll be living for the (possibly) next 3 years.
Make good friends and stick with them as they'll be your family for your duration (hopefully). Don't think you'll "get by" with what you knew in your home country- Dubai is not the same as where you come from and never will be.
It's a good place and safe and if you're really lucky one day you might meet a 'local' (18 percent of the population) who can become a genuine friend.

mariaforwork
21st Jul 2013, 12:04
Hello everyone! I would like to ask for your opinion. I am very interested in joining Emirates. I am from the Philippines. According to Emirate's website, the only open days available in Asia are in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and India. But I am not qualified to join the said open days because they require certain language speakers (like Mandarin, Vietnamese speakers). 80% of the Open Day locations are in Europe, which is very impractical for me to attend.

The good thing is that there is an Assessment Day in Ho Chi Min, Vietnam next month and it did not specify that I should be a Vietnamese speaker, etc.

My problem is, is it advisable for me to register on the Vietnam Assessment Day? I have researched a lot and I have never heard someone who applied online and was invited to an assessment day right away. All of them joined an Open Day. Can someone assure me that the HR of Emirates will check my application online and I somehow have a chance that they will invite me to an Assessment Day?

Please help! It has been years since Emirates conducted an Open Day in my country and I cannot afford to waste another 6 months (if ever I get rejected) for an Open Day which always happen outside Asia. Thank you very much and I really appreciate all your help.

Lovelymeeh09
23rd Jul 2013, 05:31
Plenty of people have skipped open day and gone to what is called Global Assessment Days which are only held in very specific locations but you must be invited just like if you attended and open day and have to be invited to the assessment day.

The schedule below enlists open days in different regions which you can register for online for Global Assessment days.
Country Date Time
Jordan, Amman
Ref No: CC/MH/24999 03-Aug-2013 09:00AM Register Now
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Reach.
United Kingdom, Manchester
Ref No: CC/MH/25001 08-Aug-2013 09:00AM Register Now
South Africa, Johannesburg
Ref No: CC/MH/24979 10-Aug-2013 09:00AM Register Now
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency iCrew.
India, New Delhi
Ref No: CC/MH/25000 10-Aug-2013
-
11-Aug-2013 09:00AM Register Now
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Frankfinn Management Consultants. **The assessment is open to both Male and Female Bengali or Persian speakers**
United Kingdom, London
Ref No: CC/MH/25002 14-Aug-2013 09:00AM Register Now
United Kingdom, Manchester
Ref No: CC/MH/25003 20-Aug-2013 09:00AM Register Now
Ukraine, Kiev
Ref No: CC/MH/25146 24-Aug-2013
-
25-Aug-2013 09:00AM Register Now
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency Studentland.
United Kingdom, London
Ref No: CC/MH/25004 28-Aug-2013 09:00AM Register Now
Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh
Ref No: CC/MH/24981 31-Aug-2013 09:00AM Register Now
Remarks: Preliminary Selections will be done in conjunction with our appointed agency GMAS.

EKFAWannabe
24th Jul 2013, 05:31
Hi I have a few questions regarding EK, and I wanted to ask someone who actually works for EK and will know the FACTS. Hoping you don't mind answering a few questions I have.

I went to OD 3 times already, made it through FI the 1st time, didn't pass the 2nd OD (think because I didn't wait one year), and didn't make it pass 3nd OD (I don't know why).

Since my most recent unsuccessful OD (july 13th/2013), I applied to 3 different ODs and I got an invitation to attend an OD at a location I didn't apply at so I didn't go. Can I still attend an OD in Aug/2013 without waiting 6month? also, do they actually keep a record of how many times applicants attended what (because they ask on the little white piece of paper during OD " have you ever attended an OD and have you ever attended a FI")
i hope my questions are not too confusing.

I really appreciate any information you can give me :)

EKFAWannabe
24th Jul 2013, 05:39
I don't believe we have to wait 6month if we didn't make it pass OD. Only if we attended AD then do we have to wait a min period of 6month to reapply, and 1 year if made it through FI. Am I right?

snitzeh
24th Jul 2013, 21:12
Hi guys,
I had my FI on the 16th of July, it has been a week since then and since all of my documents have been completed, yet my online status is still on "applied". When should the status change into "under review" or so?
I started wondering if this could be because I have two applications there... I have one completed application that I have filled in for the open day, and I accidentally once opened an application form for "Register Your Interest for Cabin Crew Vacancies". The second application has the status of incomplete and I cannot find a way of delete this application.
Could this be a reason for my status not have been changed?

Lovelymeeh09
5th Aug 2013, 05:41
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

lizzzi2004
5th Aug 2013, 07:32
HI! I want also to rejoin. Can you help me with a e-mail adress where I can ask for the rejoiner form. Thank you!

malla
5th Aug 2013, 15:04
Write to your manager and cabin crew service centre they will tell you what to do next. But prepare for loooong waiting for reply

bloo
7th Aug 2013, 08:16
how long does it take? if you get applied again do you join with the new batches and have new batchmates, like?

malla
9th Aug 2013, 06:20
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

Skywards777
13th Aug 2013, 08:32
Hi All,

I have my final interview tomorrow and was wondering, if I was successful, would I join this year or are they still placing people on hold (as per past posts)?

Also are new recruits cross trained for all fleets or is the A380 still exclusive?

Thanks

mathew1107
14th Aug 2013, 14:53
Hi, I a going for an open day soon. And, I a wondering whether you can wear glasses on that day. Have you ever seen people with glasses make it though AD?

ms.solo
16th Aug 2013, 22:21
Hi guys ,

Please i need anyone here help. I wanna so much apply to be a cabin crew with emirates, i have been trying since i was 18 years old but it never worked. In 2011 i became a cabin crew but with a low cost carrier and i didn't stay for a long time like almost 3 months and then i left. Now i want to apply with emirates as cabin crew but i dont want to mention that i have been a cabin crew before> shall i change my passport and what i will do with the licinse that i already got from the first time working as cabin crew? please help

violetnguyen
17th Aug 2013, 07:24
Dear, im from Vietnam and i am preparing for AD on 31/8, would you mind give me advice how shoukd i act during group discussion & what s the requirement for 2 casual photos? Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you! Xi

Astara
21st Aug 2013, 13:39
Hello all, I am attending the upcoming EK Open Day in Sydney this weekend. I have read the entire 250+ pages of this thread, and have seen many people refer to documentation that was required when attending an Open Day (incl. CV, photos both casual/professional, full length photos, passport photos etc etc which has changed over the years). At present, there is no information on the Emirates website regarding what to bring along (in fact no mention is made at all regarding instructions on how to attend/what to bring along on the day). Can anyone outline what is actually required to bring along to an OD; and perhaps provide a current link to where this is stated? :) Thank you to everyone for years of information and advice.

Skywards777
21st Aug 2013, 20:21
Hi Astara,

For the open day, you just need to bring yourself (in business wear), an up to date CV and a printed picture (any picture, casual is fine, it's so the recruiter can put a face to the CV when they're reviewing your application later in the day).

When I was invited to an open day earlier in the month, I received the following email.

DRESS CODE

Business Attire :
Ladies - Knee length skirt / dress with skin coloured stockings.
Men - Suit & Tie

Should you wish to attend this event, please bring an updated CV along with a photograph. The Open Day will take up a larger part of the day, depending on the number of candidates. If you are successful at this stage, please note that you will be required to attend our selection process that is conducted over the course of the week.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your day and enjoy the waiting (make sure you sit on the front row - it'll save you a couple of hours).

flyhighclub
22nd Aug 2013, 15:24
They advised us to bring 2 casual photos. One needs to be full length and the other can be waist up.

Full length (women)- they told us to wear a tight-fitted shirt. Don't wear a long or over-sized shirt. Wear jeans or leggings. They told us no dress or skirt. Heels. Not too much jewelry. Basically, a picture that shows off your figure in a natural setting, where you look nice. You can have your hair down. Make-up on point. Red lipstick not necessary but it IS the Emirates :)

Same rule for half length photo.

No idea what the requirements for male candidates because I wasn't really paying attention since it didn't apply to me :}

Good luck!

flyhighclub
22nd Aug 2013, 15:33
So I found the actual checklist and here is what it says:
- you must be clearly visible and alone in the picture
- clothing in a fitted style
- no sitting or standing behind object
- no alcohol or cigarettes in the pic
- no sunglasses, hats, or helmets
- taken within 6 months
- no obvious changes to haircolor or style

If you bring a stack of casual pictures to the recruitment team during the final interview, they will select the ones they like to take back to Dubai. They told us to bring as MANY as possible. If you dont have pictures with these specific criteria, TAKE THEM ASAP!!! (I had to get a full length photo taken of me between AD and FI and have them printed...trust me, not fun).

I hope this helps!

Astara
22nd Aug 2013, 22:32
Hi Flyinghigh - thanks for the info. It sounds like this is the material requirements of an Emirates AD - my question is specifically in regards to an OD with Emirates.

Can you confirm what specifically was requested of you to bring to or directly asked for by the recruiters at the OD? Thanks!

That is, before the OD were you asked to bring any specific material (excluding CV/resume) to the OD - and what (if any) did the recruiters ask for at the OD? How many other attendees at the OD actually brought along photos?

flyhighclub
22nd Aug 2013, 23:40
Astara,

I was actually replying to VioletNguyen and her inquiry was regarding the casual photos.

As for OD pics, they asked us to bring 1 passport-sized photo and a 1 full length professional photo. I had other pics, as suggested by other posters, but they did not ask for them.

Abby_777
23rd Aug 2013, 07:54
Hi, flyhighclub!
What does make-up on point mean? :)

Should you also wear light make up when you attend the OD?

Thank you!

Abby_777
23rd Aug 2013, 08:10
Hello everybody!
I have a question, maybe you can help me.

Is it better to apply online, and go to the AD (if you are contacted), or is it best to go directly to an OD?

And if I apply and they don't contact me, can I still go to an OD somewhere else?
:confused::ugh:

Thank you!

Flyperky2013
28th Aug 2013, 11:14
Hi,

It has been 3 1/2 weeks since my FI and I was wondering if anyone knows why my status states 'Approval in progress' as most people it states 'Under review'? I do not want to get my hopes up as you can imagine :)

Also do they check your tattoos in your medical once you arrive in Dubai? As I am currently in the process of Laser removal fora tattoo on my arm.

Pleeeaaassseeee help

:)

Hobart RockStarr
3rd Sep 2013, 13:50
From recent experience, you need to get your old manager to start the process. So email them directly, or if you don't have their email, ask any friends still there to get it for you from the intranet : )

Good luck!

Coco....m
5th Sep 2013, 07:26
Hi all,

Wondering if you would be able to assist?

Last year i had my final interview in Melbourne, Australia. Waited for the call, got the email instead. :(
I am going to to another open day shortly and try again. ;) But i believe this may have been the issue. I did not complete year 12. But i have a cert 4 and diploma (had not completed at the time) and am about the finish a Bachelors next year. Anybody else had a similar issue or know somebody that has?

Miss F
5th Sep 2013, 14:38
Abby_777,

It's much of a muchness really. An OD means anyone can turn up and be considered whereas an AD means your online application will be screened before you are invited to attend the AD. ADs do tend to be smaller groups but their size can vary.
You can apply for ODs and be invited to them as well however the competition can be fierce - as in 350 other applicants may turn up! If you choose to attend an OD as opposed to the invited AD you may need to make your venue selection wisely. Choose a location in a smaller city that will probably have fewer people turn out. When I went to my OD (in the west of my country) last year there were 83 applicants and 5 made it to FI whereas 2 weeks before (in the east) there was 350 applicants and 5 selected...

:)F

sharwan
6th Sep 2013, 18:23
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

michaeljpotter
7th Sep 2013, 08:38
I wonder if anyone will be so eager to join after 6 months of work :E

michaeljpotter
14th Sep 2013, 10:34
Even if you get through right now you will be waiting 6 months and I quote:

"Regretably we need to inform you that due to fully booked training courses and specific operational requirements, we are unable to proceed with your formal offer of employment at this time therefore we will place your file on hold for six months"

They are still not confirming new crew.

My personal advice and opinion entirely of my own and of a numerous amount of crew :E - Dont apply

ItsAlwaysAlexis
15th Sep 2013, 04:55
Not everyone is on hold. My friend interviewed back in August and received her golden call last week. She has a Nov 8th DOJ.

Now if your male that waiting process is a whole other story (or so I hear).

michaeljpotter
15th Sep 2013, 07:35
Perhaps that is so. To be honest it doesn't bother me. I'm really not fussed about if they are hiring or not. I'm just trying to give honest advice that most people may regret making the decision to start with them after they've been there a while. There may be a few pro's but there are more cons :) And its not all glitz and glamor as recruitment sell ;) In fact I'd personally say they sell a lot which isn't quite correct.

Skywards777
15th Sep 2013, 11:50
Can someone please confirm that 'Under Review' means your application isn't in Dubai yet? (So in my case, will be in the UK still).

Thanks

ItsAlwaysAlexis
16th Sep 2013, 00:16
Im not sure what under review means. I applied and was invited to attend open day back in July but I never went and my status has been "under review" ever since.

Conor20
17th Sep 2013, 10:03
I haven't applied yet but when they say "Candidates who fail to make it through the initial screening process may reapply after six months", Do they mean the open day or the assessment day? Or either?

Leb Wings
17th Sep 2013, 14:09
Hello guys. I dropped my CV on the drop-off day in Dubai this month and got invited to an assessment day the following week. I wasn't able to attend because i was on a business trip.
Should I wait 6 months to drop my CV again? or having not attended the assessment makes that rule not applicable? In the invitation email they mentioned the following:

PLEASE BE ADVISED: If you have already received this invitation and have attended an open day or an assessment for the cabin crew position within the last six months and/or have attended an interview within the last twelve months, kindly ignore this invitation.

I understood that the rule doesn't apply in my case if the CV Drop-Off is not considered an open day. So does anybody know if it's considered an open day or not?
Thanks

poulet
17th Sep 2013, 19:12
Hello, everyone :)

I am attending an open day for Emirates in October and I'm pretty well prepared, but I do have one worry: I am college educated, meaning I have MA (Master of Arts) degree.
Do they accept people with education higher than high school?
In a country with high unemployment, we are constantly overqualified, so please don't think of me as boasteful.

I appreciate the help, thanks :)

michaeljpotter
18th Sep 2013, 08:09
Poulet,
Congratulations on your MA.
As someone who has a high degree of education they will not treat you any differently than someone who doesn't.
Please also take note that the passengers wont know any difference and will treat you with the same disgregard, disdain and vileness as a crew member with a PHD or no degree whatsoever - plus your seniors will not care if you're far too overqualified.
By all means go for it but it would be a shame to waste your education.

poulet
18th Sep 2013, 14:58
Thank you, Michael :)

Unfortunately, my country is deep in debt and unemployment so it is impossible for me to find a job.

As for the disdain and vileness, I've worked in customer service, they can be such sweethearts :p

I have two more questions regarding references:

1. I've read they check references for your last two jobs.
Is it true or do they check whatever they want?
Do they make phone calls or require written recommendations?

2. I've worked for large telecommunications corporation in customer call center as a student and we did not end on good terms, for various reasons. I would definitely not like that reference checked.
If I write it in my resume, will they check it?
It was also over 4 years ago and I've worked different jobs since.

Thank you all :ok:

bunni_tanya
18th Sep 2013, 16:28
Hi,

I am currently studying in my last year of university but my term doesn't finish until about next April. I heard a rumor that Emirates might be recruiting this year in my country (Thailand), if in the case they do recruit here, am I eligible for applying? Because I haven't actually graduated yet.
Do you have to actually finish your academic year before applying or can you apply first and postpone (that's to say if i even get far in the process haha).

Thank you in advance to anyone who can enlighten me with the answer :)

Miss F
2nd Oct 2013, 06:40
Hi all,

Has anyone been to an assessment recently? What were the group exercises? Would love to hear from anyone who has been recently.

Thanks,
:)Miss F

Fingerzcrossed
2nd Oct 2013, 20:24
1) Hi everyone I am applying online to attend the open day, but I am not able to complete and submit the application because I am not able to UPLOAD MY PHOTOS. The system can not recognize any when being uploaded. Therefore I am not able to submit the application because of this missing part. Any Idea please?? :ugh:

2) Can I attend the open day without applying online or getting any invitation ??

(BTW wondering if there might be any LEBANESE people here, who are going to attend the open day this October 16th. it would be cool to meet here before).:)

Leb Wings
4th Oct 2013, 18:41
1) Hi everyone I am applying online to attend the open day, but I am not able to complete and submit the application because I am not able to UPLOAD MY PHOTOS. The system can not recognize any when being uploaded. Therefore I am not able to submit the application because of this missing part. Any Idea please??

2) Can I attend the open day without applying online or getting any invitation ??

(BTW wondering if there might be any LEBANESE people here, who are going to attend the open day this October 16th. it would be cool to meet here before).

Thanks
1) It seems the website is not recognizing the format of your pictures. Try opening them using Paint.net Paint.NET - Download (http://www.getpaint.net/download.html) then save them again as JPEG format.

2)You can show up at the open day without applying online however, if you go through to the Final Interview (usually the following day or the day after), you have to be registered beforehand. So better do it before attending.

Good Luck

Fingerzcrossed
4th Oct 2013, 21:26
Hi Leb Wings and thanks for your reply.

I believe it is not the case about the pictures, because I tried uploading different photos, I even tried the application you recommended and nothing seemed to work.

It is like I browse the photo and press on "upload", the page shows "please wait", loads normally, but after that nothing happens. Photos can not be detected. It is like I did not upload any. with no Errors....Its awkward.

If it will remain the same, I will attend the Open Day as you suggested. Any Idea what should I bring with me? other than CV and photos? how many photos? and what should I expect in such a day.

Thank you. Nice to meet you.:)

Leb Wings
5th Oct 2013, 07:47
It seems a browser problem. Did you try using Internet Explorer?

As for the open day, get with you a CV, full body picture, passport-sized picture and a stack of casual photos.

Fingerzcrossed
5th Oct 2013, 12:03
Yes man I tried internet explorer before, I even tried my phone. Same issue. Thanks

ancsika2
5th Oct 2013, 20:02
Hey everyone!

What happens if someone gets the job and doesnt accept it? Can you reapply after all in case you want to join later?

ItsAlwaysAlexis
6th Oct 2013, 05:22
I am sure you can decline the offer.

As for trying to apply later it probably will not look good. Why would a company offer someone a job for the second time after their file says they already received an offer but did now want it? I doubt they would even waste their time,again.

ancsika2
6th Oct 2013, 18:32
You so right about it! :) It just hard as I got one offer from a company in Dubai also and cant decide which job to choose from....:ugh:

ItsAlwaysAlexis
7th Oct 2013, 06:24
Follow your heart because in the end we only regret the chances we didn't take.

givemewings
7th Oct 2013, 15:44
Depends on the overall package each company is offering... Dubai is expensive, esp if you have to pay accomm, utilities, medical insurance, travel home etc. Compare what is included and what kind of hours/schedule you'd be expected to work.

Dangarriv
8th Oct 2013, 02:46
Hi people,

I am Dani, from Spain. I just joined this forum, because a friend who works for Emirates recomended it to me.

Well, I have attended an OP in Seville, Spain. The first day, was the screaning and the CV drop-off, there were like 200 people. The recruiter were nice, Elena from Spain and Sian from China. After all the videos and info, when I was called, I gave them my CV, she asked me first, where I am from, and then my age, I said 27, as I have a Degree in Tourism, she was interested in that, but I finished in september so I've been studying it 6 years, she asked me why, I said because I spent one year in England as an Erasmus student and I was working at the same time. My job experiences had were very shorts, she said too, but I reply the last two experience have been internships, just to gain experience whilst studying, and the other one in UK, because I had to come back to Spain....

Well, I thought they weren't going to call me, so I left the hotel quite sad. But at 16:45 in the afternoon I got the call. And I was extremely happy and nervous. :D:D:O

The next day, I went there. There were only 30 people now. We had the groups dynamic assesment, and the reach test. After the reach test, one of the interviewers asked me what do I do at the moment, I said, I just finished my degree and I am seeking for job opportunities, in concrete I am very excited for the cabin crew position with Emirates. She replied, what is your motivator? and I answered, well to be honest, I consider myself to be a truly international person, I am really passionate about foreign languages and the different cultures of the world. And working with Emirates I'll be able to deal with people from all around the world in a multicultural environment while having the opportunity to build a career.:):ok:

Then, the dynamic group session. They gave us cards with pictures of diferent cities, we had to say 3 tourist attractions and talk about them to the rest, I was in a group of two (Antonio and me). Antonio had a lower English level, but good enough, I think he could've done it better... we discuss about what to say, our city was Buenos Aires, neither of us knew much about the city apart from being the capital of Argentina, the tango dancing and that they eat a lot of meat and have a drink called mate, which is made out of grass and it's similar to tea, but different. :*:D

Well, Antonio started to talk first, even though we decided I was going to be first, he didn't introduced us saying our names... :=:= he just started saying all the stuff about the city.... and didn't let me anything else to say but the thing about the mate drink... he talked so much of the time and then I had to invent another issues.. But i think that was my mistake, I should have interact with him, like a team and talk about what he said and add something else, I deeply regret not haven done it better... :ugh::ugh::ugh:

we both got the "Thanks for attending..... Unfortunately you have not success......" nevertheless we encourage you to re apply within 6 months...

SO HERE I AM!! Fellow Cabin Crew Wannabes! I'm not gonna give up, not gonna give in! in 6 months I'll try again. So I wanna get as much info about the dynamic group as I can! I am willing to help anybody, but I need help too!
We must act like a team work! and we'll be success in our dreams!

Dangarriv
8th Oct 2013, 02:49
Hey good luck next time, we both in the same situation!

ancsika2
14th Oct 2013, 13:18
givemewings, both company offers the same, the only difference is the working hours as it is 48/week for the other company and I dont know how much would be for Emirates I believe it is less :)

BeaVass
15th Oct 2013, 15:50
Its 40 hours ancsika, they clearly state it on the EK website, where you initially apply.

Hi everybody, I've been readin this forum dated back to 2007, so got all the good advice... Unbelievable there's quite a few GC wish I would have counted it when I started reading. Anyways, I have just applied online and going to the Liverpool, UK OD on the 9th November. Is anyone else planning on making an appearence? :)

Mzc86
16th Oct 2013, 03:01
Open day in Sydney this weekend, I am going to try for the third time. Fingers crossed!

cabin8crew
16th Oct 2013, 12:00
You can apply, but the best option I would do is - fly somewhere non thai country as in thailand they use agencies and your chances getting the job will be lower... you can read some books from my site, plus get all the interview process http:// cabin8crew . wordpress . com /

ItsAlwaysAlexis
16th Oct 2013, 15:46
Could you share how far you have gotten the last 2 attempts?

Vancouverite
17th Oct 2013, 04:38
Hello all,

Has anyone recently attended an open day/assessment day or even final interview in Canada and would like to share their overall thoughts on how it went?

Thank you in advance!

Mariposa0209
17th Oct 2013, 14:50
Hello all!
Does anybody know how long I can wait after my FI for my status has changed from "Approval in progress". Its have past more than 7 weeks after FI and nothing has changed from that moment. Neither rejection e-mail, no "will be contacted". They only called we for about 3 weeks before and asked to send another one photo in jeans and t-shirt..
What shell I do?To send them an e-mail with my question? As in FI has been told, that we ll have ours outcomes after 6 weeks sharply.

Thank you.

aueb
18th Oct 2013, 04:33
Hard to believe they said 6 weeks sharp.
The 6 weeks period is more like an average waiting time. Some people get called after just 2 weeks, others wait way longer that 6 weeks.

Remember no news is good news.

Good luck to you.

crystal66777
19th Oct 2013, 20:50
Think again before you join..
The management of Emirates is ridiculous..

Audrey kim
1st Nov 2013, 01:52
Hi everybody.

Im preparing OD in Toronto, which be held in Nov.
I have a question about OD. Do we have to write an essay? I dont have any idea about the open day so it would be great if any of you have some information to share with me.

Thanks.

theodoralis
24th Nov 2013, 05:47
Mariposa, our recruitment officers told us that we should call them if we haven't heard back from them after 6 weeks.

Audrey Kim, yes there is an essay question. Ours was to describe a mistake we made at work and what we learned from it.
My advice is to power through the multiple choice as best you can to make sure you leave enough time for the essay. It needs to be about a page and a half; if you're worried about your essay writing skills, practice before you go.

Aidosh87
24th Nov 2013, 06:54
Hi Guys,

I wish that anybody will help me with my case as its little bit complicated.

Back in January 2011 I worked as cabin crew for a low cost carrier and I didnt stay for a long time, I had to resign on April same year due to a personal problems back home. Then I joined Emirates in February 2012 but in the ticketing division and when i applied with them I applied with my cv that doesnt have the crew experience on it and I always wanted to be a cabin crew with Emirates and I tried many times while im working internally but my manager didnt accepy my application and told me that i have a big chance if i applied from outside the company. Now as i am already out of the company I wanna so much to give it a try but the main thing that what if i got accepted and everything went fine then i have a flight attendant licinse already and as an ex employee they will check my data with my staff number and will take my cv from there which doesnt have the experience of the cabin crew.. Please help me what shall i do? I wanna so much to apply and give it a shot... I hope you will be able to help me .

liftsifter
30th Nov 2013, 10:50
If you go to an Open Day, you drop the CV off then. Make sure it has the crew experience on there.

givemewings
30th Nov 2013, 22:50
Just put it on the CV you apply with. If they ask, you can say it wasn't relevant to a reservations job (it's really not, aside from the generic "customer service" aspect, which I assume you already had from some other job to be accepted into reservations/ticketing in the first place)

They really don't care, since they train you their own way. So long as you can explain it, will be a non-issue in my opinion....

Aidosh87
5th Dec 2013, 06:58
thanks for your reply but I didn't stay for a long time and then i left , only after two months which is im afraid it will be a concern for them. I am so worried about that before even applying.

airbus.eagle
18th Dec 2013, 14:25
Its been 8 weeks since I have done the Final Interview with EK for cabin crew positions, and I still haven't heard anything back since then, they told me I will hear back within 6 to 8 weeks but nothing yet :ugh:.
I sent them an email and all what I got back is an automated reply..

Anyone here have waited that long? does that mean I shoud just wait and do nothing about it? And can they say a No for the job after 8 weeks?

desert lover
30th Dec 2013, 16:03
Hey guys!

I was wondering what is the schedule of EK Human Resources Offices?

I am awaiting a reply:sad::(

yulflyhigh
31st Dec 2013, 05:43
My timeline:

OD - 16/11/13
AD - 17/11/13
FI - 18/11/13
20/11/13 - Sent over complete documentations.
5/12/13 - status changed from "Applied" to "Under Review"

today 31/12/13 still Under Review, but I have faith that I will see "AIP" soon and so receive EK GC! ^^
Good luck guys!

highflyer32
3rd Jan 2014, 12:27
Hi All,

I recieved the email after my final interview that states 'we will place your file temporarily on hold for six months' on 23rd of October 2013.

I understand there is about 4 months to go, does anyone have anyfeed back about people getting through after this?

Many Thanks

Airbus7792
16th Jan 2014, 18:28
Hi guys, I really wanna apply for emirates as cc but there is a thing that is worrying me: I have a tattoo in the middle of my lower arm - it is completely covered and not visible when wearing long sleeves - as ek only have long sleeved shirts for men, I thought I would be fine .

I researched the internet and What I found was mixed opinions about it which really confused me : some people say it's okay for guys and not for girls, others say it is totally unacceptable .

I have read you are given a diagram at the interview where you need to cross the location of your tattoo , but are there two different ones (one male body one female body) or is it the same for everyone?

What do you guys think? Do I have to get it lasered off or I will be okay?

Thanks for your help xx

emily92
4th Feb 2014, 03:04
Does anybody know where I can get a hold of the Emirates interview book written by Caitlyn Rogers??

Thanks http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif

Miss F
11th Feb 2014, 08:53
I have seen a copy of this book and I actually wouldn't recommend it. It is now really quite outdated and basically tells you to stand out from the crowd when in actual fact Emirates want people who blend in.

emily92
11th Feb 2014, 21:14
Hi Miss F,

Oh thanks so much. I wont bother trying to track down a copy anymore then :)

rups
17th Feb 2014, 08:59
does anyone have any idea whether the restriction on hiring male cc has been 'lifted'?

youssou
17th Feb 2014, 18:52
iI had my final interview today, but it lasted only 40 min, does it means that i failed ?
I had difficulties to respond of some questions in a perfect english :(

emily92
17th Feb 2014, 21:12
Rups - I only know that you had to reach 212cm - ladies without your heels and men with your shoes im pretty sure!!!!

rups
17th Feb 2014, 22:48
thanx for the info Em, yeah im not sure but i read somewhere that they are putting boys 'on hold' at the moment! im planning to come to Sydney to attend an open day so don't really wanna risk it!

emily92
17th Feb 2014, 22:54
Oh really that's weird cause I just recently went to the open day in Sydney for Cabin Crew and there was heaps of males and nothing was said to them?
I also was told at the open day that they wont be doing open days no more, you will have to submit your resume online and then if you get invited to assessment day you can go.

want_to_fly
26th Feb 2014, 06:22
Hi guys

It's been a while since I've been back in this forum. Looks like things have change with Emirates' interview process, especially here in Australia. Before, they used to host open days and anyone can turn up. But now you have to apply online and wait to be shortlisted. Now that I have been selected and been shortlisted for an interview, they have provided me dates and and time but left the venue of where the interview would be blank. Does anyone know that I'm supposed to be waiting for another confirmation? My worry is that this interview is next weekend and I would like to know where the venue would be hosted...

Cheers
:ok:

kirungi1
26th Feb 2014, 10:24
Congratulations and good luck with your assessment day. Emirates is straight with Assessment centre dates and venues and I wouldn't know why/how Emirates would schedule your interview, especially, without a confirmed venue. I would look up their assessment centres for the specific day you've been invited to attend interview close to your area or alternatively a quick call to a local Emirates Office again closer to your area would do fine as well.
Again, congratulations and good luck with your assessment day. Remember to "SMILE" and remain calm with gentle humility and above all resilience.

romania
26th Feb 2014, 11:24
Hy guys..Could you help me with something please?...Last week I attended at an OD for Emirates..Unfortunately, I didn't receive their call for the next day.. I want to know, if I can attent at another OD in another country even if the 6 months don't pass? And, I want to say that firstly I applied online..Is there any risk to be discovered? Thank you very much..I look forward to receiving from you

want_to_fly
26th Feb 2014, 23:43
Thanks for the prompt reply kirungi1

The strange thing is even on the emirates careers webpage that it has been left blank. As well, the email they sent was just a normal generated email which I don't think I can reply to.

Oh well let's hope more information will come through and that I'll get confirmation. Anyone attending the Brisbane AD on 8th March?

Cheers

emily92
27th Feb 2014, 02:35
@ want_to_fly

I went to emirates open day three weeks ago in Sydney and was told about the open days not happening anymore - I got through to second round and we were all told if you make it through you can't reapply for 6 months - I applied for the Brisbane interview for March and I got Invited to the invite only recruitment day, which I was surprised I've already been not long ago. I also didn't get the venue it was held at but I'm unsure if they will update it with a email but same thing being it next weekend I don't wanna miss out

SlaveIV
27th Feb 2014, 05:58
In response to the above posts I've read. I've also applied and have been short listed as well for the assessment day.
I have also today received an updated email as per the previous ones you guys have already got with the venue locations. :) so good luck guys. Ill cya in Brissie on the 8th of March. Keep an eye for me. My name is Josh... Assuming there's not 80 other candidates there also haha.

emily92
1st Mar 2014, 01:19
Hey Josh

Yeah at the aviation australia brisbane??? Ill see you there - ha ha try to anyways - my names emily :) so try to find me too lol!!!

rups
1st Mar 2014, 02:17
all the best guys