PDA

View Full Version : Payday at 1time

LittleMo
22nd Jul 2012, 06:51
As this is a rumour network, I heard a rumour that the guys at 1time got paid late this month. Any truth in this? I dont have any mates flying there so anyone there care to shed some light?

TheManPartOne
22nd Jul 2012, 10:06
I have a few mates there and everyone got paid on time. Apparently the flights are full and the airlines cash-flow is fine. Or that's the rumour going around from what I hear.

glorybusdriver
22nd Jul 2012, 16:42
Its a rumour, everybody got paid ontime last month.

Goffel
26th Jul 2012, 19:46
1 Time are strong...........they have, ( I am led to believe from a reliable source), either sold their maintenance lot, and have had a cash injection from the government.

Before anyone argues, that is the info I was told.

Goffel

Shrike200
28th Jul 2012, 17:27
I'm ignorant - why would the government give them money? That's not asked sarcastically, maybe there's some kind of good reason. I need that reason because I want some money too.

TheManPartOne
29th Jul 2012, 15:21
Constitutionally if the government opposes foreign investment they must provide funds to an equivalent amount... That's the vibe I get...

Artrides
29th Jul 2012, 19:31
Jetworx has not been sold, nor has any material cash injection been received. Any such events must be followed by a SENS since the company is listed.

Until any announcements are made everything remains a rumour.

Sammajoor
3rd Aug 2012, 05:03
Just heard from a "source" (aircraft fitter) that the rumours are that they are safe for 2 months, then heaven knows.

kykweer
3rd Aug 2012, 14:11
Apparently Jetworx has laid off some engineers in Cape Town.

Shrike200
6th Aug 2012, 04:23
One of the engines was unhappy, went on strike and attempted to set up a parts distribution shop all over FALE - maybe time to talk politely to the other one?

kykweer
6th Aug 2012, 06:31
Thats bad news for them. They only have about 7 MD's left in service with five standing at Jetworx hangars robbed for spares beyond resurrection. Not sure if they have a spare engine. They havea bad history of engine failures. Their planes are also starting to look very faded and tatty on the outside. Is the money problems starting to show on the aircraft?

linedriva
6th Aug 2012, 07:31
love you post Shrike200! After a short discussion, the other engine agreed to stay in FALE!:D