PDA

View Full Version : Is CASA morally criminal?

weloveseaplanes
21st Jul 2012, 01:48
In an earlier post Tail Wheel said that CASA's rule rewrite has taken :

"Two months short of 23 years and they admit to burning over $200 million on the exercise."

That's like 8 and half million dollars a year - WHO IS RECEIVING THAT MONEY? How many people are being eternally employed doing that?

That's like 100 people on a 87K pay packet for 23 years!

So has anyone been fired for corruption, wastage, stupidity, embezzlement?

The sky should be full of people either enjoying themselves or worrying about screwing up rather than worrying about incomprehensible rules.

As well as that staggering financial cost can you imagine how much enjoyment CASA has destroyed with thousands who could have flown, or who wouldn't have given up and be flying today supporting dozens more businesses if only CASA had got its act together?

Why don't we make it a rule that all CASA officials have to be pilots or engineers FIRST and then they can join CASA? So people who love aircraft are regulating aircraft.

Why won't CASA just copy the NZ regs so rather than have no one understanding what's all going on then at least all the kiwi pilots could explain things to their Ozzie mates . . .

fencehopper
21st Jul 2012, 02:22
It goes beyond criminal.
I am absolutely surprised that some poor sod hasn't lost it and started culling them.

Air Ace
21st Jul 2012, 08:19
You're obviously a bit naive weloveseaplanes? :sad:

How many people are being eternally employed doing that?

How many - I don't think even CASA know that! It is a career to retirement project intended to asist the multitude of pilots and engineer that can't cut the mustard in the real world. If they weren't in CASA writing regulations they would be on unemployment benefits. Same cost to the taxpayer but it keeps them off the streets!

Hahahahahahahahahaha. I like your sense of humour! :} If they did that no one would be left in CASA to work on the regulations.

Why won't CASA just copy the NZ regs so rather than have no one understanding what's all going on then at least all the kiwi pilots could explain things to their Ozzie mates . . .

We'll have none of that logical thinking stuff here! :mad: Go and wash your mouth out and stand in the corner! :=

The part I love is that Australian taxpayers funded Papue New Guinea to toss out their adopted Australian aviation legislation and adopt the kiwi legislation! :E

This will tell you exactly where the regulation re-write is at:

Senate Hansard for the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee hearings of 14 February 2005 pages 124 and 125 - now over seven years ago:

Senator MARK BISHOP—Now that [the Regulatory Reform Program] has been refocused away from a timely conclusion, what is the new completion date and how is it proposed to stop it drifting along forever?

Mr Byron—We do not have a firm completion date at this stage, but we should be able to generate that fairly soon. Mr Gemmell mentioned the refocus, I suppose, that I imposed on the organisation in late 2003-04 on getting the rules right and getting the quality. I found it necessary late last year to articulate in a bit more detail some guiding principles about how I wanted that done and who I wanted to be involved in the process.

I have issued some guiding principles on the formulation of new regulations and, if necessary, manuals of standards that accompany them. I have, I suppose, imposed on the system an additional layer of consultation, to assure me that the final draft rules that I send to the minister for consideration by the parliament are the right ones and that they address very carefully risks that are real and necessary issues that must be picked up by regulations. I felt it was necessary to do that to make sure that I have the right rules. I am not going to put my signature to anything that I do not think adequately addresses safety issues.

Senator MARK BISHOP—When do you think those regulations will go to the minister?

Mr Byron—I anticipate we would start sending some of them from about the middle of this year. I do not see this delaying the overall program excessively. We have an action item to develop a plan to forward to the minister about when we plan to have them to the minister, and I assume that plan would be done in the next couple of months. I would be hopeful that it would not be long after early 2006 that most of the draft rules are delivered to the minister.

"We have an action item to develop a plan to forward to the minister about when we plan to have them to the minister, and I assume that plan would be done in the next couple of months."

I think Mr Byron plagiarised that from the UK TV Series "Yes Minister"? :ok:

CASA provide an authoritive email regulatory update service. Send your email request for update, marked urgent to: [email protected]

You could contact the Minister by email to [email protected] but please type slowly as he doesn't read very fast.

Don't expect a reply unless you live in the Electorate of Grayndler or your name is Kevin Rudd.

Fantome
21st Jul 2012, 10:10
weloveseaplanes
Is CASA morally criminal?
In an earlier post Tail Wheel said that CASA's rule rewrite has taken :

"Two months short of 23 years and they admit to burning over $200 million on the exercise."

The better heading might be IS CASA TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE?

If Mr Byron did lead the Senate and others astray, now that he is gone he cannot be held accountable for his inability to effect reforms.

Without a dedicated watchdog group who through increasing credibility are able to be heard and who are capable of monitoring the performance of CASA week by week , month by month, then all this griping is so much pissing in the wind.

BPA
21st Jul 2012, 10:25
10 years ago the company I worked at was told to re-write most of the companies manuals based around the new CASR's as they would be introduced within 18 months:ugh:

Defenestrator
21st Jul 2012, 11:01
How do I re-write manuals around Regs written so only a barrister could understand them? What's more, how the hell are my pilots supposed to understand the new regs? They, like I, have zero grounding in deciphering documents written this way. The industry is being set up for a massive fail. Why would CASA do this? It doesn't make any sense. 23 years and this is the best they can come up with??!

D:confused:

tail wheel
21st Jul 2012, 11:45
Interesting statistical conclusions may be drawn:

23 years, 10 months, with the CASA office open 8.30 am to 5.00 pm excluding public holidays = 48,520 business hours.

$200,000,000 over 48,520 business hours = $4,122 per hour.

$4,122 per hour / an average CASA salary of $60 per hour = 69 staff.

69 staff x 48,520 business hours = 3,347,880 man hours!

So there you have it, statistically 69 staff have been working on the new Regulations, every hours of every day the CASA office is open, for 23 years and 10 months, 3.3 million man hours, to achieve the partial Regulations we have today.

I really wonder how New Zealand and Canada achieved their Regulatory review and re write in five years? :confused:

Avgas172
21st Jul 2012, 12:08
So there you have it, statistically 69 staff have been working on the new Regulations, every hours of every day the CASA office is open, for 23 years and 10 months, 3.3 million man hours, to achieve the partial Regulations we have today.

Amazing stats...... Is it any wonder the country is screwed?, how much longer so we have to put up with this crap.

BPA
21st Jul 2012, 12:24
My understanding is CASA is now pushing for more EU style regs rather than the FAA type.

Jabawocky
22nd Jul 2012, 01:44
I maintain.....go to the FAA, hand over $50M as a generous donation, for a copy of their rule book, in MS WORD format, hit FIND and REPLACE the word FAA with CASA.

send to printer..... Job done :ok:

Cost $50,000,150 :E

BPA
22nd Jul 2012, 04:20
Isn't that the way the Kiwi's did it?

Chimbu chuckles
22nd Jul 2012, 05:10
Nah not that easy Jaba - you'd have to do the conversions from sm to nm and meters THEN hit print.

Public servants held liable for waste and incompetence?

Now there is a concept - good luck with that:hmm:

History should have taught you that short of causing genocide public servants are golden.:ugh:

neville_nobody
22nd Jul 2012, 05:13
The problem is the system. It is in CASA's interest to buggerise around with the regs as this creates activity. Drafting, redrafting, consultation committees etc etc. Years and Years of activity that needs to be funded and managed.

Those at the top have no interest in a quick fix as it will put their power and funding at risk.

So now they have nearly finished the FAA type rules they move the goal posts to more of a Euro style law and it all starts again.

It's all about creating activity.

Frank Arouet
22nd Jul 2012, 07:09
But I ask again, exactly where in Marrickville does the "buck stop"?

weloveseaplanes
22nd Jul 2012, 07:49
Well that's the question isn't it - where the buck stops is where the bucks are stopping i.e. in whose pockets.

You see we all use scam artist protecting terminology when we say CASA or the Government. Using and thinking in such general terms is the best protection those ripping off the system have.

What we need to do is find by name the exact individuals who have been employed on the rule rewrite, the number of years they have been 'working' on it, how much that has cost the taxpayer and what exactly that individual has produced or not.

For example John Smith, 7 years, 3 vague reports coauthored with 5 others cost to tax payer $850,000.

You then present a case that the nonproductivity of John Smith and a list of other individuals are either
A) intentionally creating meaningless work to employ themselves and are thus willfully and internationally defrauding the Australian tax payer
or
B) incompetent at their jobs having produced nothing of value so there position is not only not needed but is a burden to the State.

You thus show them to be engaged in illegal or incontemptent behaviour based on their work history compared to the salary they have pilfered and have them removed from office in chains or shame.

tail wheel
22nd Jul 2012, 11:30
You then present a case.....

Present a case to who?

Please don't say the Minister because he doesn't want to know. Senator Xenothon has tried with little success. Other politicians from all sides have, over the years, tried and given up.

This wonderful democratic principal that politicians and public servants are accountable and answerable to the people is all window dressing.

In practice, they are unaccountable.

I don't believe the new Regulations will ever be finished. I suspect they will remain a perpetual work in progress ad infinitum, which the spin doctors will suggest is inevitable and necessary as CASA regulated an ever changing aviation industry.

Defenestrator
22nd Jul 2012, 11:45
TailWheel,

I pray you're right. Between these 'proposed' regs and the amendments to CAO 48, the viability of commercial aviation, particularly GA, swings in the balance.

D

Frank Arouet
22nd Jul 2012, 23:45
Perhaps we all should be asking every running politician in the next elections what their aviation policy will be and what they intend to do about the current state of affairs. We may not have 12 months so it's probably better to get and record the promises as soon as possible.

Be wary of those who have lied in the past.

This is more positive and proactive than waiting for a "smoking hole" so we can all say "I told you so". Anyone up to writing a pro-forma so we can send it to our Local or non Local Members? See directory link below.

Media Directory: Federal Politicians (http://www.mediadirectory.com.au/viewPoliticianDir.asp?menuElectorateTypeID=1&menuTypeID=8)

T28D
23rd Jul 2012, 00:16
Slight Drift but Germaneto the thread:

Statement by Commumications Minister today :

Stephen Conroy commenting on Gina Rinehart fitness for the Fairfax Board said shewould probably pass the proposed media bias test but , A test to see if people are "Fit and Proper Persons" was not worth the paper it is printed on.

aroa
23rd Jul 2012, 01:38
As much as victims of CASA might relish "culling"..it aint the Australian way. Besides its too quick and clinical. And real aviators love their freedom.
Those burecRATS that assasinate folk by regulation, abuse of power, perjury and all the other buggery techniques they employ......need to be out of the job and have the worries of loss of income, and all that goes with it. Ongoing and painful..esp to the hip pocket nerve, and family harmony, depression and etc. They need to suffer like pain of their victims.

It is really amazing...thus far...that the un Australian way hasnt occurred yet. Tred on people long enough...and eventually someone will snap.

The CASA problem is so major, the political interest to that is so minor, that the day may not be far off.

Is CASA morally criminal? THATS a BIG YES
In spite of a code of conduct (sic) some CASA persons behave in a criminal manner, with total disregard to ethics, morals and honesty as required by the Comm Authorities and Companies Act.
So who cares??? The ceo? The Miniscule? Pollies? The LSD ?... any sh*t happens and its Drawbridge up ! And shoot back with denial and BS.

What to do? Way passed time to burn the 'Reichtag'.

PLovett
23rd Jul 2012, 01:41
The only way to get meaningful change out of CASA is to make the Minister very uncomfortable. I say this because CASA is doing an incredible job in its primary function of preventing any nastiness from falling in the Minister's lap. Its their secondary and lesser function that needs changing.

Now, as this shambles has been going on for 23 + years this is not going to come from the Opposition benches as they once sat on the Government benches and also made a total cluster **** of it.

As a suggestion, I understand that the FAA did an audit on the Australian system and found it wanting. A time period was put in place for certain changes to be made which was done but only just. I understand a lot was left to be desired. What would happen then if lobbying the FAA led to a "fix or get out of our airspace" edict? The brown stuff would fly in all directions very rapidly with a monstrous kick up the behind to CASA. It is not unfeasible.

Jock p
23rd Jul 2012, 11:20
Refer Consultant: Donald Rumfeld (PS Don't turn up to work tomorrow. Check who's parking spaces are empty)

That's like 8 and half million dollars a year - WHO IS RECEIVING THAT MONEY?
Refer the legal department

How many people are being eternally employed doing that?
Employed? - please explain

That's like 100 people on a 87K pay packet for 23 years!
There are 100 people on a 87K pay packet. Never stay longer than a year though

Promoted to the derivatives department. CASA junk bonds auction next week.
Currently undertaking Lloyd Blankfeins correspondence course "How to screw the mug punters while they know about it"

Kharon
24th Jul 2012, 05:18
FA - Perhaps we all should be asking every running politician in the next elections what their aviation policy will be and what they intend to do about the current state of affairs. We may not have 12 months so it's probably better to get and record the promises as soon as possible.Frank - your starter for 10 points:-

Find a Polly – Here. (http://www.mediadirectory.com.au/viewPoliticianDir.asp?menuElectorateTypeID=1&menuTypeID=8)

To: the Member for Kickinatinalong.

Dear Member.

I am one of more than 100,000 people associated with aviation in Australia who will be voting in the impending Federal election. Like many of my colleagues I am deeply concerned about the present state of the industry, not only in terms of air safety but of the ability of the industry to remain viable under the present conditions. Could you please outline your party policy on the following important issues.

1) New Zealand, Canada and Papua New Guinea have each provided, using industry consultation, within a 5 year period an outcome based regulatory suite which has been welcomed by the national industry. Meanwhile, Australia remains internationally embarrassed by a suite of complex, prescriptive, criminal law based regulation which is legally and financially detrimental, unacceptable to and unusable by the industry, non compliant with International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) requirements, remains incomplete after 23 years and has so far cost in excess of two hundred million dollars.

2) The recent crash of an Air France Airbus claimed 256 lives; the report on the incident highlights many of the industry concerns related to pilot competency based training standards. These concerns were recently examined by the Senate and a 'white paper' was provided by the incumbent Minister. The industry believes the white paper to be a flawed, misleading, self serving document which solely allows the present Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) to continue drafting incompetent regulation without the benefit of expert industry consultation or addressing the issues.

3) There is a strong support within the industry for dismantling the present Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and it's replacement with a Civil Aviation Administration as in other ICAO compliant countries. One major concern, amongst many, is the devastating effect the CASA is having on the industry in terms of operator, pilot and industry confidence. This is affecting the industry ability to attract investment, foster training and create employment. There exists a real, tangible need to examine all facets of the manner in which the CASA conducts business with the user pays industry it serves.

4) Air Traffic Services (ATS) to the Australian public are essential to safety. The current system has been progressively and systematically degraded to the point where, many believe the probability of a mid air collision has increased to crisis point. The service is understaffed, over managed; and, beginning to show signs of being irretrievably damaged by a shortage of skilled, qualified personnel. There exists in real time, a pressing need to provide the ATS with suitable equipment, the personnel to operate that equipment and a training system which returns Australia to a world class system for separating aircraft in the busy airspace surrounding our capital cities.

5) The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) have through consultation developed an audit model which has been almost universally adapted by all responsible National Aviation Authorities. The industry believe that this model should be accepted and fully utilised in Australia. It is further acknowledged that Australia has one of the most lengthy 'differences' list with the ICAO system, approximately 2500 items, it is considered essential that this number be reduced and the industry returned to world best practice.

The points above serve to highlight just a few of the many aviation industry concerns. Would your government be prepared, through policy to announce an overhaul of the present system and return Australian aviation to its position as a world leader in safety and excellence?

Yours sincerely.

N. Aviator.

thorn bird
24th Jul 2012, 08:18
Kharon!!!
where you bin...and where's your note???

Fantome
26th Jul 2012, 11:05
Kharon old son . . admittedly you've had a helluva a lot more to do with either writing to pollies and the bureaucrats or drafting letters than most of us. Even so, perhaps yours eight point draft letter asking the recipient to give a policy outline or indication is likely to be given a standard, dodging the material concerns reply, if not just binned. If the letter was framed so that each point was converted into a question, then there is a greater likelihood of receiving an answer to each one. .

Kharon
26th Jul 2012, 11:39
Fantome – you old rascal, :D I concur; however I did offer it to Voltaire only as a 10 point starter kit.

Most of the chaps and chapessess who are interested can format the basic model, pose the questions and forward them on; not too difficult a task. Happy to draw up a formal if people would use it, perhaps they could attach the Pprune petition as a further expression of their collective feelings.

Handing over.

blackhand
26th Jul 2012, 19:54
From Things Bogans like

The bogan’s desire to lap up conveniently edited pieces of information and then parrot them back as the comprehensive truth is a conceptual combover capable of cladding even the baldest of theories in half a dozen tenuous strands of delusion. The bogan’s ability to rapidly determine the true nature of things spares it from the need to learn the context, alternatives, or ramifications of any area of knowledge it turns its attention to. This renders the bogan more efficient than the rest of society, freeing up time for it to go out and be extreme at awesome stuff while everyone else plods along like suckers.

Don't pay the Ferry Man til he gets you to the other side

Kharon
1st Aug 2012, 20:16
This article here may help answer some of the questions posed.

Bye bye Bankstown. (http://www.aviationadvertiser.com.au/news/2012/08/bye-bye-bankstown/)

The good news is, now any semblance of doubt about the mess we are in is now removed.

alphacentauri
1st Aug 2012, 21:58
I'm just thinking outside the box here.....

It appears from previous threads that GA is being fostered a lot more by our friends in NZ. Having read some of the articles kicking around, I am staggered by the impending costs that will be put on GA by our regulator. If those estimates are correct, then I have an out of the box idea.

What would be the costs in putting GA aircraft on the NZ register, and getting NZ licences to operate and maintain them? Surely the costs would be cheaper than the overheads quoted in recent articles.

Yes I know there are other issues, but if industry seriously is going to get slammed with these costs, then maybe a more radical solution than writing letters needs to be found. Whilst I admire those that do write letters, I am yet to see any good come from it. Even if every owner/operator wrote to ministers, they can all be ignored.

Actions speak a lot louder than words, and a significant portion of Aussie aircraft on the NZ register, would send a loud message.

Yes you can shoot me down, but if all this is already law, the time for letter writing is long past.

Food for thought ...

Kharon
3rd Aug 2012, 20:32
Toliman - Yes you can shoot me down, but if all this is already law, the time for letter writing is long past.

So very true – letters need to be sent at the beginning, not when the thing is done and dusted. The scary part, there is a lot more of the same coming to a bank account near you. Only hope the election comes before the industry grinds to a halt; perhaps someone will have a policy related to fostering aviation, rather than choking it to death with Red tape.

aroa
5th Aug 2012, 12:33
Since the moderator Tinny, got a smut in the eye about the model litigant obligations thread, I throw it in here with the other CASA misdemeanors.

While the High Court and whoever say that Commonwealth agencies MUST behave with moral and honest intent and oblige by the Directions, quite frankly, from experience of mine and others, CASA just doesn't give a sh*t.:eek:

So, what's it all mean really. Not much, and obviously not worth the paper its written on.
CASA will just deny any liability and is quite prepared to fight to the last taxpayers' dollar to NOT abide by the MLO.
Their theory is "Get stuffed,we have more money than you, wanna do anything about it?, see you in court"...the very thing the MLO states as it is simply written, to avoid.
Merit review at the AG's office cant get their heads around it either and AG Roxon must have a severely injured arm because she doesnt respond to any queries about how MLO might occur, or how recalitrant agencies might be made to respond.
So there you have it. MLO is yet another smoke screen for bullsh*tting bureaucracies to hide in. The citizen might think it means something but alas, its all CRAP.:sad:

gobbledock
7th Aug 2012, 03:46
2012 CASA OLYMPIC RESULTS

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4013/4353114920_e23c078835.jpg

The results are in!! A fine all round effort and enjoyable time was had by all. As you would be aware a number of competitors have retiredor moved on to other sports in the past year or so. The competitions were held at ICAO Montreal (again) and other competitors included other government departments and regulatory bodies. For the sake of complying with its own regulations only CASA results are below.

1. Regulatory Reform Decathlon - CASA scores last position and a Bronze medal in this event for the 23rd year in a row. A strong effort was made over the last 500 meters to complete the race but to noavail. It is believed that next Olympics Coach Xenophon may have what it takes to make them bring home Gold.

2. 1000 Meter Spin and Evade – Another highly contested race that was evenly matched by all competitors. This event came down to the wire and was a photo finish between CASA, the Prime Minister’s Office, Department of Defence, ausAID and the Department of Infrastructure and Transport. After reviewing the footage CASA takes out the Gold medal.

3. 4000 Meter Funding Hurdle – After numerous attempts before the senate’s estimates committee and after much book fiddling CASA could only achieve a Bronze medal in this event. Recent exposure to overseas jollies being publicized,waste of taxpayer funds paying executives bonuses for achieving little to nothing and over $200 million being blown on a non-regulatory reform pony pooh program CASA came a dismal third place. This has been evidenced by a commitment to not replace essential staff as they leave and a savage cutback to Inspectors travel budgets.

4. Greco Roman NCN Wrestling – CASA won this even hands down. The skill and expertise of its workforce to wrestle its ‘industry opponent’ and get away with low blows, eye gouging and other non-approved manoeuvres without getting caught and all the while thrashing its opponents was breathtaking. A Gold medal was duly awarded.

5. 2000 Meter Pigs at a Trough – This was surely one of the most highly anticipated events this year. Although CASA supplied all 15 competitors in the race it was always going to be a battle between field offices, senior management, brown nosing Inspectors, the Office of Legal, Education and Promotion, and Consultants. The overall winner of course was CASA but the department to take out Gold was.....................Consultants!! Yes a fine result and superb effort by those former employees who came back as Consultants to have an even bigger swig from the trough. Well done.

6. Malfeasance Race – This year’s signature event was the Malfeasance race in which contestants competed to see who could make the biggest cluster f#ck while breaking all boundaries of moral fairness, equity, the ‘model litigant act’,honesty, justice and transparency. Again, a finely matched event with a competitor entered from every Australian government department, however there could be only one winner to ‘take home the bacon’ and the Gold medal – CASA!

7. 10000 Meter Smoke n Mirror Race – Once again a contest simply packed with experienced competitors. For its efforts in pulling the wool over many former senate estimates groups, fooling the Minister, tricking many in the aviation industry into believing its robust rhetoric and high level wankery talk and glossy brochures full of bureaucratic lingo and assorted bollocks the winner ofthe Gold medal is – CASA.

aroa
7th Aug 2012, 04:14
True,,and Gold, Gobbles Thanks for the laugh. Needed.:ok:

Sarcs
7th Aug 2012, 05:10
.."And the Winner is.....Gobbles!!":ok:

After those results I gather there won't be any internal reviews or cries of 'lack of funding'!!:E

Kharon
8th Aug 2012, 20:48
Polar - Endgame. (http://www.aviationadvertiser.com.au/news/2012/08/polar-aviation-wounded-in-action-editorial-opinion/)

Well – there you have it. It would have sent a powerful message had the thing gone the other way – but sadly, it's not to be.

It took a long time; cost a load of money, determination and some courage to go 'toe to toe' with a government sponsored heavyweight champion, no disgrace in that defeat.

So, full credit for the effort to one of the best blokes about the place, who contributes more to the industry than he takes away.

Woe to the makers of literal translations, who by rendering every word weaken the meaning! It is indeed by so doing that we can say the letter kills and the spirit gives life. Voltaire (Rant resistor enabled).

Sunfish
8th Aug 2012, 21:29
So much for CASA being a model litigant.

greylocks
10th Aug 2012, 05:40
For six decades I have observed the growing decay of our various Government Departments.

There isn't one, State or Federal, that is doing the job it should be proud to do; ie, serve the people of Australia.

Government departments exist to assist and encourage the people undertaking the various enterprises connected to each individual department.

They are NOT there to put obstacles in their way, or give incorrect or false advice, or go into business against them. They are NOT there to taunt and belittle, to threaten with punishment or destroy the livlihood of the hard-working individual and his/her family.

They are there to HELP, to CARE, to NURTURE. Why don't they?

Why doesn't CASA?

I found this site and cheered.

Good on you PPRUNERS.

Keep up the good work exposing the rot that is CASA.

You WILL prevail.

Kharon
10th Aug 2012, 19:40
The inscription on the West-gate of Moria, and Gandalf's corrected translation.
The Fellowship of the Ring II 4 - A Journey in the Dark

"The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria: Say "Friend" and enter."
and welcome Greylocks.

greylocks
19th Aug 2012, 23:04
Kharon, thank-you for your welcoming words.

I think we need more Gandalfs in this world. Perhaps CASA should be called Saruman!

From what I have seen and read and heard lately, I liken CASA to a slimy ugly Hydra. As soon as you cut off one of its long tentacles, worm-like, it grows two more, each with a head and each bent on revenge.

Each tentacle targets an individual, directed by the weird machinations inside its head.It has nothing to do with safety, education or compassion.

Hydra has a nest lined with tax-payers money which it uses to deprive individuals of
their rights. It is the worst type of arrogance, a nascent, aggressive behaviour which creates a strong desire in those of us who are not privy to large sums of government hand-outs, to light the flame of rebellion.

Its sole aim is to destroy by any means it can. It appear to glory in its cruelty.

Unfortunately something that is grand in the Australian psyche, is lost forever.

Where is the fair play, the justice, the democracy that was given to us at the time of Federation in 1901?

Where is our hero with a sharp sword?

Beware Hydra!

Heroes are all around you and their swords will not be stilled.

They will cut out the sickness you seem to thrive on and Australia will be a better place.

Frank Arouet
20th Aug 2012, 06:27
Above the railway gates leading to "Fort Fumble" written in plain English so there is no ambiguity;

"WORK WILL SET YOU FREE".:oh:

gobbledock
20th Aug 2012, 11:32
greylocks, welcome to the Circus!!! Indeed welcome welcome welcome.

You will enjoy the CASA show as it includes the following:

Bearded women.
Stunts - With FOI's shooting not out of large cannons, but shooting at you.
Magic - Including smoke n mirror acts aplenty and a little game called 'Watch Your AOC Disapear'.
Monkeys riding ponies (and heaps of pony pooh, so watch your step).
Voodoo tricks.
Popcorn and malfeasance served at the front of the tent.
Lucky door prizes including pads of NCN's and draft copies of the 12 year work of art, but still uncompleted Surveillance Procedures Manual (big applause please from the Inspectors).
Industry walking the tightrope with no net.
Taming of a Tiger - Watch live under the Big Top as CASA deflect interest in the poor circus management of the whole show and try a tact of deflection by Taming a Tiger (theairline that is)
Kiss a Carnie - Yes your chance to plant a big smooch on the cheek of one of your local Inspectors.
Finale - Some Field Office fireworks followed by a special reading of Macbeth by Kharon! (sorry, that last one is a piss take).
A fun packed night for all of industry. Sit back and enjoy the show!
Tonights

Kharon
20th Aug 2012, 19:17
GL - Where is our hero with a sharp sword? Charming idea but I was thinking along a more pragmatic, self sustaining robust 'Australian' method of sorting out the mess.

ICAO/ FAA warts and all audit for starters and direction. (Same as the Kiwis did but this time we read it).

AFP investigations for bull**** destruction.

Law Society for an assessment of the legality of stuff.

The Senate for the constitutional stuff.

The Productivity Commission for the undone, half done and over cooked stuff.

Fair Work Australia for the imposed administrative castration stuff.

Perhaps a honest administrator for the day to day stuff.

Hell, we have enough sharp toys to play with, just a question of motivation and determination. AB Patterson understood – very well indeed.
Pioneers. (http://www.wallisandmatilda.com.au/pioneers.shtml)

greylocks
21st Aug 2012, 00:32
Kharon - I guess you're referring to the article "Pioneers and Places," by AB (Banjo) Paterson, where people came to this country with little or nothing, didn't know where they were going, but made a go of it anyway and succeeded.

I'm more in favour of shooting the b******s, then they can't come back.

BUT - they're not worth going to gaol for, so, winning by attrition may be safer.

Poor little ugly Hydra!

You must feel sorry for the little worm.

By choosing HEADS instead of HEARTS, he has opted for multiple headaches.

The only cure for such jealous hate-filled pain is complete annihilation.

Come my friends who fly the skies.

Show pity for this pitiful little worm and put him out of his misery.

This slug has no imagination, but thinks, by playing the same game over and over, despite the diminished capacity of its renewed heads, that it can win!!

Poor pathetic little thing.:{

greylocks
21st Aug 2012, 00:57
Mr. Gobbledock:

The circus sounds like fun. I'm sure I will enjoy it, but I feel a cold wind blowing through the tent.

Should we turn up the heat?

greylocks
23rd Aug 2012, 05:25
Gobbledocks - your enthusiasm is catching!

You may need a special matinee performance, because I heard a rumour that Hydra would like to perform.

He wants to walk THE TIGHT ROPE!

Just imagine how it could be. The slimy little worm balanced precariously on the high wire, tottering a little as the bully and the coward in him vie for position.

He takes a step and looks down, wondering maybe why the faces upturned below are so quiet.

Then pride replaces the bully and the coward and he takes another step - and slips a little.

Will the tentacles clinging fearfully to the platform, save him if, perchance, he should fall?
Some have already detached themselves. After all, leaderless self-preservation is preferable to death.

Then our Hydra oversteps the mark. The next step misses the wire and he plunges to an
ignoble death into the arms of the infamous ranks of ghouls, who once thought they too, were above the law.

The crowd is hushed. Strangely, no-one cheers; but a quiet satisfaction pervades the tent. Perhaps now, Hydra will be buried with the corruption, the hurt, the anger and the waste, in an unmarked grave.

Anyway, it will make a good show. Please keep me a ring side seat.