PDA

View Full Version : VALE - Dr Graeme Maclarn

Jex
21st Jul 2012, 01:39
From the SMH Obituaries (http://tributes.smh.com.au/obituaries/smh-au/obituary.aspx?n=graeme-maclarn&pid=157382803#fbLoggedOut), 2nd May 2012

MACLARN,
Graeme Douglas.
Late of Frenchs Forest.
Passed away suddenly
April 23, 2012.
Beloved husband of Susan, father of Phillip, Amanda, Stephanie and Natalie, father-in-law of Andrew and Stuart, grandfather of Chloe, Piper and Lachlan. Loved son of Doug and Kitty (both decd).
Brother of Helen and Greg (decd). Loving husband, father and grandfather.

Aged 59 years
Gone Sailing.

Family and friends of GRAEME are warmly invited to attend a Celebration of his Life to be held in the East Chapel, of Northern Suburbs Crematorium, 199 Delhi Road, North Ryde on Friday (May 4, 2012) commencing at 10.30 a.m.

Dr Maclarn often polarised opinions, but he was of enormous assistance to me in 1999 when I lost my Class 1 medical for 6 months. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

regards

Jex

kimwestt
22nd Jul 2012, 03:58
Graeme was an inspiriation to those that were having problems with CASA, and other countries medical standards, his never ending positive approach was a delight to behold. Sure, he polarised opinions, kicked the beaurecrats, and would have been a thorn in the side of many.
But he was always ready to call in one of his favours to assist someone else.
I will, personally, forever remember his undying dedication to seeing a problem through to the correct result.
As well as his medical qualifications, of which there were many, Graeme also held a degree in Aeronautical Engineering.

RIP Captain Have a Chat.:sad:

muffman
22nd Jul 2012, 13:48
Wow, what a shock. Did my first class 1 with Graeme and many renewals. A real character and a genuinely interesting man.