PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Airlines

The mole
13th Jul 2001, 13:52
Does anybody have any information about the Atlantic Airlines pollution control work? I would also appreciate anything about the interview process for them. Cheers!

Token Bird
13th Jul 2001, 17:08
I asked a similar question a few months ago, so if the search facility ever reappears have a look for that thread.

There is a video about Air Atlantique available from www.avionvideo.com (http://www.avionvideo.com) which covers their operations but not really pollution control from what I remember. If you go to www.atlanticairlines.co.uk (http://www.atlanticairlines.co.uk) and get their number I'm sure they'd be happy to send you some stuff if you call them.

aidybennett
13th Jul 2001, 17:14
I was a 'fugglie' as they call the sponsored cadets, some time ago(This was when Air Frantique paid for everything to get on line from a PPL with around eighty hours. Things are differet now for sponsorship with I believe a fifty/fifty arrangment.) Air Frantique and I parted ways a couple of months in, no regrets I think, on either side. The pollution patrol work was performed at that time using Cessna 402/404s with ex cadets building hours from the BCPL to the CPL stage, or using the Dakotas in Scotland with ex cadets who'd spend most of they're time instructing, in the right-hand seat. My info is a few years out of date, so don't know what the current set up is. :rolleyes:

aidybennett
13th Jul 2001, 17:27
CONT...The interview process at that time started with a IQ typ test ('Steam is to hot, as Ice is to..etc) and a question pare designed to evalutate your personality type. This was followed by a short sim' session, and finally an interview with, in my case, the M.D. of the airline, Russel Ladkin. I was then invited back with four others for an evening with the airline..a meal, drinks etc with established cadets and some sneior airline staff. The aim, I guess, is to see how sociable you are and what you are like 'lossened up' Finally, the next day, an interview with a board of the senior staff. I had the reply (Yes) by the time I got home. This was a few years ago but I hope it helps

Autofly
14th Jul 2001, 12:42
Thanks for that CJB .... a good insight. Just to clarify though, the 50/50 scheme (PASTS) has now ended because as far as I know they couldn't generate enough commercial interest to pay the other 50%. This happened a couple of months ago.

Cheers

Mole ..... check your mail.

Autofly

Mr Tickle
14th Jul 2001, 23:04
Mole, are you or anyone else going down to Coventry on tue 31st for testing??

Autofly is there any chance that you could possibly send me the email with the info about the interview process, if thats what the email was about or am I just getting the wrong end of the stick as usual. I would be eternally grateful if you could. :D

If anyone could also furnish me with some information on Air Atlantique that would be great, as my knowledge of them is very limited. Not the easiest company to get info on. The website is not informative and all the info they have previously sent through the post dosen't say much about operations.

Cheers
Mr Tickle

[ 14 July 2001: Message edited by: Mr Tickle ]

The mole
16th Jul 2001, 15:35
Thanks for the email Autofly.

Out of interest, have they now stopped the fugglies altogether?

I have an interview shortly, but not tues 31/7.

[ 16 July 2001: Message edited by: The mole ]