PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do JAR-FCL training in Australia?

Aussie Andy
13th Jul 2001, 13:42
Does anyone kow if there are there any FTOs in Australia who are accredited to train to JAR standards for CPL/IR/ATPL etc.?

Andy

Simon W
13th Jul 2001, 13:55
I do believe BAE Systems do JAR FCL training in Australia aswell as Jerez, Spain.
http://www.aac.com.au/baefta-a/top.htm

Regards,

Simon

[ 13 July 2001: Message edited by: Simon W ]

v1rotate
13th Jul 2001, 18:54
I have heard that Bae in Adelaide have stopped doing the training when the JAR's came into effect. You used to be able to do the CAA groundschool there but have now ceased. :(

Please check with them though. There was a similar thread a couple of weeks ago regarding this but as the search facility is currently off line, you may have to view messages more than 5 days ago. It may have been in Dunnunda and Godzone I think. :confused:

Stratocaster
13th Jul 2001, 22:35
I also think that BAe/Australia closed the shop when Jerez became JAR-FCL.

Say again s l o w l y
15th Jul 2001, 02:03
BAe Adelaide did do the both the UK and JAR courses until about a year ago. They had alot of probs with the JARs at the start and they were also competing against Jerez , so they decided to stop it in YPPF (Parafield)and concentrate on Oz and Far Eastern licences.

I don't think there are anyother schools in Australia for European stuff. Though my info is over a year old. Try asking in the instructors forum. There are some guy's there who may be able to help.