PDA

View Full Version : Necon Air - Nepal

Mister Geezer
3rd Apr 2002, 16:54
I was wondering if anyone knows what's going on with Necon Air. Is there any expansion within the airline (i.e. looking for drivers?) and are they still losing money??? I heard that it was their intention to order medium sized Airbus or Boeing aircraft and start routes to India, perhaps Delhi from Kathmandu in the next year or so or is that a pie in the sky idea?

I e-mailed the flight ops director about a right hand seat job back in Jan 2002 and I got a reply from him then but there seems to be a break down of comms ever since then.

On the subject of Nepal, if anyone has any details on whom to contact with reference to Flight Deck recruitment with Cosmic Air or Buddha Air then I would be very grateful for any info.

Cheers

MG

himalaya
7th Apr 2002, 04:27
Hi ! There!

News about Necon Air expanding to International is way out of the question at this time(not in a good shape). Aviation has not been too good after Sept. 11 and with maoist problems. Buddha Air returned back one of its Beech 1900. Other Airlines too are not doing well. Things are unlikely to improve for a long time. Sorry about the sad news "live from Nepal". But hey do keep in touch and if any thing turns up will let you know.

cheers,

Mister Geezer
13th Apr 2002, 19:20
Thanks very much for the info!

Hopefully things will improve before the end of 2002.

Cheers

MG:)

middlepath
5th May 2002, 20:33
Are you joking or desparet to look for driving job in Nepal ? I am sure you can find something better elsewhere.

Mister Geezer
28th May 2002, 19:22
I can assure you that I am 100% serious in my posting. Flying for any operator in Nepal in my book is better than trying to survive on dole money!!!!

MG:)