PDA

View Full Version : One more thing to worry about

Mark in CA
17th Jul 2012, 09:20
We all know how bad the food aboard most flights is. Now it seems we also have to worry about what else may be in it. Apparently, these sandwiches did not go through the x-ray machines.

Needles Found in Sandwiches on Four Delta Flights - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/needles-found-sandwiches-four-delta-flights-232105772--abc-news-topstories.html)

ExXB
17th Jul 2012, 10:41
Why are the FBI involved? Any crime, if that's what it was, was committed on Dutch soil before the aircraft doors were closed. I.e. the Tokyo convention would not apply.

From the face of it, this does not appear to be a 'terrorist' attack. Let the Dutch police do their job, and if they need help they can certainly ask for help.

Too many cooks spoil the sandwich.

lenhamlad
17th Jul 2012, 10:56
Is there not an old Dutch saying "it's like looking for a needle in a sandwich"?

PAXboy
17th Jul 2012, 12:12
[Heavy male voice, as in film trailers] The FBI will protect the American people anywhere - anytime. You can trust the FBI. etcetera. Sounds like a jobsworth thing.

ExXB
17th Jul 2012, 15:37
Ah, that explains it. Problem is I'm not a Tom Clancy fan, and I don't believe the world is going to be saved by the yanks.

Ask any Indian fisherman of Jebil Ali.

fotoguzzi
17th Jul 2012, 23:09
So a father and son each take a separate plane from Amsterdam, and each finds a needle! Sounds plausible.

Oh, and the son is immediately going to sue!

Glonass
18th Jul 2012, 03:40
Needles found in sandwiches, Delta says; FBI to investigate - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/16/travel/delta-needles/index.html)

One more reason not to pay for the lame sandwich a go instead for the free pretzels.

Mark in CA
18th Jul 2012, 10:11
I suppose the FBI is involved because this is an American carrier. I expect in the end they will discover this was some disgruntled catering employee who decided to go a little further than spitting onto the sandwiches. But for now, we have American and Dutch authorities investigating at least five turkey sandwiches on three separate flights.

radeng
18th Jul 2012, 10:15
I'm surprised that they haven't got it sewn up by now.

wowzz
18th Jul 2012, 13:10
Wrong thread !

lenhamlad
18th Jul 2012, 18:56
Free pretzels on a plane? No thanks. I'l wait until I am on terra firma and have a decent meal!

lenhamlad
18th Jul 2012, 21:02
Darn! I thought it was.