PDA

View Full Version : Flight training - Darwin

anthos92
17th Jul 2012, 08:10
Hi,
I have just heard that Darwin flight training, A part of hardy's is shortly closing its doors? Other than AV8 in Darwin is there any other GA instructing in the NT? I have just moved to Darwin and want to finish my PPL.
Has anyone done any flying training with AV8 in the last 12 months? If so what do people think of the overall quality of this school?
Any help would be great.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread)

gileraguy
17th Jul 2012, 10:43
Ask around the club at Emkaty, it's closer.

AussieNick
17th Jul 2012, 22:24
The flight training at AV8 is handled by Moorabbin Flight Training now and they've sent up a grade 1 to over see the operation.

Going to be your best bet in Darwin I reckon.

runway16
19th Jul 2012, 09:27
From the Melbourne Flight Training website it says that they are now looking after flight training for AV8 Aviation at both Darwin and Gove.

The guy looking after the operation is an experienced Grade 1, name of Dan Giblin.
Perhaps best to give him a call and talk over your needs.

Another angle would be to ring MFT at Melbourne.

wings0321
14th Sep 2012, 03:11
Alice Springs Aero Club are now training at Batchelor and are in the final stages of set up. It should be all go in a couple of weeks:ok:

versado
28th Mar 2014, 02:02
i've heard that they now not only have a site in bachelor, but if you train with them in alice, they will organize an interview on elcho island for you when you get your cpl... dunno if it's true but they do mention marthakal yolngu airlines on their website so it's worth checking.
Marthakal Yolngu Airlines (http://www.alicespringsaeroclub.com.au/marthakal-yolngu-airlines)

anthos92
28th Mar 2014, 16:30
All I can say since experiencing the training at Batchelor is to stay away!
Save your money. Head down south for GA training.